• 30(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-05-27, 17:50)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 15:27)McYoshi Wrote: I just had a look at the 1.4 release. A few suggestions:

- Sorting the music by artist isn't quite useful yet. How you implemented it was Artist -> Album name. So as a result I have multiple instances of the same artist, but each with a different album. I'd suggest to make a full screen a-z tile grid view of Artists (with the Artist picture from Kodi), and clicking the Artist picture would show the albums. For this also, check XBMC commander!
- The icons for TV and Radio are stretched. Please keep in mind all icons are square.

Keep up the great work!

- Seems logic to me..(but I could be wrong) when sorting on an artist you should get all entries that match an artist name. When sorting movies on year, you get the movies matching that year.

- I can change the icons. No problem. Changed in the next version.

Ok, for example

- Air - 10,000 Hz Legend
- Adele - 19
- Aretha Franklin - 30 Greatest Hits
- Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
- Acda en de Munnik - Jouw Leven Lang Bij Mij
- Air- Late Night Tales
- Air - Moon Safari
- Acda en de Munnik - Naar Huis
- Acda en de Munnik - Nachtmuziek

You see what's wrong in my opinion? Why not make a grid view of Artists, select Artist folds out to the Albums (in alphabetical order) of said artist.
(2015-05-27, 19:57)McYoshi Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 17:50)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 15:27)McYoshi Wrote: I just had a look at the 1.4 release. A few suggestions:

- Sorting the music by artist isn't quite useful yet. How you implemented it was Artist -> Album name. So as a result I have multiple instances of the same artist, but each with a different album. I'd suggest to make a full screen a-z tile grid view of Artists (with the Artist picture from Kodi), and clicking the Artist picture would show the albums. For this also, check XBMC commander!
- The icons for TV and Radio are stretched. Please keep in mind all icons are square.

Keep up the great work!

- Seems logic to me..(but I could be wrong) when sorting on an artist you should get all entries that match an artist name. When sorting movies on year, you get the movies matching that year.

Ok, for example

- Air - 10,000 Hz Legend
- Adele - 19
- Air- Late Night Tales
- Air - Moon Safari

You see what's wrong in my opinion? Why not make a grid view of Artists, select Artist folds out to the Albums (in alphabetical order) of said artist.

Looking at your list I don't see immediately the problem. I also have to admit that I don't use Kodi for music at all :-(
But, I know what you are getting at with the grid view. I will put this on my to do list.
The first part of the artists grid view is clear. When the artist is selected, how would your ideal design look like then?
I have to create a new view anyway, so why not make it according to your specs?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-05-27, 18:57)Njaynl Wrote: Already pro mate !

Right needed to select flat buttons

Driving home I was thinking about your queue all button. Besides the queue all button I could also add before every item a checkbox. When you have selected items you can press the add to queue button and all checked items are added to the queue.
Hi mate got your email and all sounds good.

could you add a sort by (sort title) and if one does not exist it drops back to title as I use a lot of (sort title) to keep movies in the right order. this does not have to be an option as it should do this by default. I have noticed the option there in the settings but it does not seem to be working correctly as my library is still not in order.

Also the wake 2nd machine with MAC address is not working as I tried it and it does not wake the machine.

cheers
(2015-05-27, 21:07)meridius Wrote: Hi mate got your email and all sounds good.

could you add a sort by (sort title) and if one does not exist it drops back to title as I use a lot of (sort title) to keep movies in the right order. this does not have to be an option as it should do this by default. I have noticed the option there in the settings but it does not seem to be working correctly as my library is still not in order.

Also the wake 2nd machine with MAC address is not working as I tried it and it does not wake the machine.

cheers

Could you give an example of the order you are getting? And what it it should be.

I will double check the 2 mac wake.
I have checked again the 2nd MAC wake call and it works overhere. I have emptied the 1st entry and filled in the mac address of Kodi in the 2nd and my Kodi system woke up. I have only one system to test with, so that's why I emptied the first mac address. In the logging I see two magic packets sent away.
(2015-05-27, 20:32)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 18:57)Njaynl Wrote: Already pro mate !

Right needed to select flat buttons

Driving home I was thinking about your queue all button. Besides the queue all button I could also add before every item a checkbox. When you have selected items you can press the add to queue button and all checked items are added to the queue.

Sounds awesome !
(2015-05-27, 22:21)rschiks Wrote: I have checked again the 2nd MAC wake call and it works overhere. I have emptied the 1st entry and filled in the mac address of Kodi in the 2nd and my Kodi system woke up. I have only one system to test with, so that's why I emptied the first mac address. In the logging I see two magic packets sent away.

Found the problem as I did some tests. It seems one MAC address is stoping the other from working or been executed.

This is what I tried.

Front end pc first MAC address
Server pic 2nd MAC address

Only front end pc wakes

Swapped the MAC address around so front end was using the 2nd MAC address and the server was using the first MAC address

Server pc only wakes up

Tried deleting one MAC address and using the first MAC address That wakes up the PC the same when I enter it into the 2nd MAC address but remove the filed from the first MAC address

So it seems that when you have two MAC address entered the 2nd MAC address entry does not execute but if you remove it from the first MAC address it does use the 2nd MAC address entry.

It just seems one MAC address only executes when you have two entry's. Use one entry in any othe first or 2nd entry and that works.

Tried and tested. So there seems to be some sort of bug there

Hope that explains it.

Cheers
(2015-05-27, 23:47)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 22:21)rschiks Wrote: I have checked again the 2nd MAC wake call and it works overhere. I have emptied the 1st entry and filled in the mac address of Kodi in the 2nd and my Kodi system woke up. I have only one system to test with, so that's why I emptied the first mac address. In the logging I see two magic packets sent away.

Found the problem as I did some tests. It seems one MAC address is stoping the other from working or been executed.

This is what I tried.

Front end pc first MAC address
Server pic 2nd MAC address

Only front end pc wakes

Swapped the MAC address around so front end was using the 2nd MAC address and the server was using the first MAC address

Server pc only wakes up

Tried deleting one MAC address and using the first MAC address That wakes up the PC the same when I enter it into the 2nd MAC address but remove the filed from the first MAC address

So it seems that when you have two MAC address entered the 2nd MAC address entry does not execute but if you remove it from the first MAC address it does use the 2nd MAC address entry.

It just seems one MAC address only executes when you have two entry's. Use one entry in any othe first or 2nd entry and that works.

Tried and tested. So there seems to be some sort of bug there

Hope that explains it.

Cheers

Thanks for testing...although I can't explain it when looking at the code, I have several ideas I can try. To be continued.
(2015-05-27, 20:26)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 19:57)McYoshi Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 17:50)rschiks Wrote: - Seems logic to me..(but I could be wrong) when sorting on an artist you should get all entries that match an artist name. When sorting movies on year, you get the movies matching that year.

Ok, for example

- Air - 10,000 Hz Legend
- Adele - 19
- Air- Late Night Tales
- Air - Moon Safari

Looking at your list I don't see immediately the problem. I also have to admit that I don't use Kodi for music at all :-(
But, I know what you are getting at with the grid view. I will put this on my to do list.
The first part of the artists grid view is clear. When the artist is selected, how would your ideal design look like then?

Thanks for your help! I've made some screenshots of XBMC Commander: http://imgur.com/a/oWJJL#0

- Artists overview
- Long Press on Artist
- Artist press, albums fold out
- Album press

I have several hundreds of artist, and this would be the best view mode for large music collections in my opinion. Now you don't have to completely copy XBMC commander, but I think this would give a good impression.

Maybe Meridius is willing to take a look at how to make the Music GUI fit the rest of the app?

Another suggestion; rename "Albums" menu option to "Music"?
Small question about the "cache" for movies.

Movie images (cover film) are cached? because I think it is relatively long to load every time I go out of the category "film" and I come back in, I feel that the cache load time is long.

I's normal?
(2015-05-28, 12:24)madmartigan57 Wrote: Small question about the "cache" for movies.

Movie images (cover film) are cached? because I think it is relatively long to load every time I go out of the category "film" and I come back in, I feel that the cache load time is long.

I's normal?

The images are always cached but requires a connection with Kodi. It always checks if nothing is changed. There could be another movie poster. When you have enabled caching, the data retrieved will be written to a file on your device.
The next time you go to movies again, it will use the file. The images are checked again. Of course it depends on your device. An iPad Air 2 can process data a lot faster than an iPad 2. If you have 20 movies or 2000 movies also matters. During development I definitely noticed a difference, especially with large databases.
The cached becomes invalid if you have changed data, for example, if the watched status changes.
(2015-05-28, 09:58)McYoshi Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 20:26)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 19:57)McYoshi Wrote: Ok, for example

- Air - 10,000 Hz Legend
- Adele - 19
- Air- Late Night Tales
- Air - Moon Safari

Thanks for your help! I've made some screenshots of XBMC Commander: http://imgur.com/a/oWJJL#0

- Artists overview
- Long Press on Artist
- Album press

I have several hundreds of artist, and this would be the best view mode for large music collections in my opinion. Now you don't have to completely copy XBMC commander, but I think this would give a good impression.

Maybe Meridius is willing to take a look at how to make the Music GUI fit the rest of the app?

Hi there

Yes I will be looking at all the views in the future. Me and rschiks has been working on the remote side of it and the next thing will be the power menu which I will be looking at this weekend. Rschiks wants to start on the new themes and wants to look at the new buttons menu bar on the bottem so that's next. But don't worrie I will be designing new views but it's up to rschiks to implement them but you have to remember this takes a lot of time.

I will also take suggestion on board to.
(2015-05-28, 19:14)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 09:58)McYoshi Wrote: Thanks for your help! I've made some screenshots of XBMC Commander: http://imgur.com/a/oWJJL#0

- Artists overview
- Long Press on Artist
- Album press

Hi there

Yes I will be looking at all the views in the future. Me and rschiks has been working on the remote side of it and the next thing will be the power menu which I will be looking at this weekend. Rschiks wants to start on the new themes and wants to look at the new buttons menu bar on the bottem so that's next. But don't worrie I will be designing new views but it's up to rschiks to implement them but you have to remember this takes a lot of time.

I will also take suggestion on board to.

I have looked at how I could impement the whole artists thing. The rename from albums to music is a good idea. There was also a request to filter on genres. I am using the grid view at different places, I can easily copy it.

Since the focus has been mainly on movies and series, I think it's only fair to spent time on the music part too. As meridius mentioned I have a list I want to do. I can add the new music part to version 1.6, but the release of it will take a little bit longer then. I hope that's ok.

In version 1.6 I want to start working on the new view meridius created, since it's a redesign of some code, I would like to do it in phases, also because I then still can make regulary updates.
Richard,

Sounds good to me! I am eagerly awaiting screenshots of the finalized new views as well as the music part. Keep up the great work and thank you!

Regards,

Bart
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8