• 27(current)
Vero OSMC
Wow! Now I'm personally harassing someone? Cmon! The only reason I repeated the question is that I just want a straight answer and I'm tired of the distractions.

Is the Vero a glorified Cubox-i2 or not? Somewhere in the middle of this thread some Vero owner with more guts and maybe money than I would risk took their Vero apart and posted pictures. On the inside the boards were labelled SolidRun Cubox.

You'll note that nowhere in the Kodi threads nor on the OSMC threads did I ever personally attack someone.

Edit: And I don't have to pick on Apple, they've got their hands full with the iMessage crash issue today...
Why are you asking me? I already told you I dont know anything about the Vero.

And calm down, I was just showing how you could frame anything as being completely innocuous, even stalking a little girl.

At some point your obsession becomes creepy.

When was that point, do you think?
(2015-05-28, 02:32)Karnagious Wrote: Why are you asking me? I already told you I dont know anything about the Vero.

And calm down, I was just showing how you could frame anything as being completely innocuous, even stalking a little girl.

At some point your obsession becomes creepy.

When was that point, do you think?

The day I registered donotgetvero.tv? Oh wait... I didn't do that.

Edit: Also, from the getvero.tv site, "Vero is the Italian word for true". How about we have some about what's under the hood.
(2015-05-28, 03:30)zaphod24 Wrote: The day I registered donotgetvero.tv? Oh wait... I didn't do that.

Are you sure? Because it's obvious that you are making every attempt (again and again, oh, and yet again) to find a reason to convince people not to buy a Vero. The horse is dead pal, doesn't your foot hurt yet?
zaphod24, the differences between the vero and cubox don't seem to be hidden and look to be very minor.

Sam has stated his position about the price at the start of the thread and nobody is forced to buy it.

Maybe you should let it go now.
Geez howcome people are always on Sams case ripping him a new one ?

Does OSMC have to support iMX6 ?

simple answer NO is Opensource the developer team reserves the right to support whatever they want if you want iMX6 support then provide patches.

i really dont get why Sam always gotta take heat at this forum kinda looks like a pack of bullies that doesnt have anything better to do makes me ashame to be around here at times.
(2015-05-28, 01:02)Karnagious Wrote: You ~ "All I did was walk on the street behind her, Your Honour, surely It's not illegal to just walk along the street."

Judge ~ "That is true. But you did it every day for 3 years. Even AFTER she changed Elementary schools to get away from you."
This really has become a Sad Sad thread now.

Moderation DEFINATELY needed and I also ask for a hardline to be taken and some temporary Bans given to certain users.
I don't care is they are new users or old timers. I'm frankly sick of all the underhanded sniping as well. Confused

(I have no connection to the Vero business nor OSMC development. I don't own or use a Vero.)

I see no problem with any developer sticking their neck out and developing a media platform based on commonly available Hardware and Open Source Software, so long as they comply with the required GPL software licence. This is far far better than the non compliance you see on a lot of Android media boxes out of China and the shitstorm that VidOn created recently.

I'm sure the numerous number of Chromeboxes released in the last few years all have a very similar Hardware motherboard's with small layout changes for each brand.
Do you demand that ASUS, MSI or HP reveal exactly where they sourced these motherboards from ?
No, I have not heard one peep from any user here on the forum. Virtually all are satisfied customers.

Who cares if a person wants to build a business and take all the risk and apply a decent markup price to a product and make a profit. Some of which will be put back into further developing and supporting that or subsequent products. After sales support is being given in a prompt and timely manner to the Newbie target market if major problems exist.

If a media platform is being attacked at every possible opportunity for furthering Kodi software development and distribution then this forum has come to a very sad place and some members should question why they actually joined the forum in the first place.

The ironic point about all this discussion is this question - would i.MX6 development be where it is right now without Vero and OSMC ?

W.

Geez wrxtasy ever heard of http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analogy ?

But just for your sensibilities I have altered the original to make it even more innocuous. How about you come to the party and add the clarification from two comments later into your quote?
(2015-05-27, 17:54)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: The remote has an OSMC logo on it...

I've tried to be fair and stay out of most of this, but come on. Putting custom logos/printing on the buttons hardly makes it a custom remote.

This is the kind of thing that gets under people's skin. You're not exactly lying, but there is just enough exaggeration and half truths about the Vero that makes people distrust you. It's one thing to do that in general marketing, but people really don't like that kind of sales pitch on the forums here. Being straight with people, especially the core of a community like this, is worth a lot more than a custom logo on a remote.
Quote:The ironic point about all this discussion is this question - would i.MX6 development be where it is right now without Vero and OSMC ?

No dev actually has a vero. So all code that is written is "optimized" for imx6, GC2000 - no one has gone with a GC880. The render rewrite was started long before anybody knew something about it. And btw. If you scroll back to page 6, you see some pictures ... the board has clearly written "cubox" on it ... I really don't get what this discussion is all about. The vero is an OEM version of the i2 with bluetooth, wireless in color: white and a custom logo. Nothing else.

But now, what can be concluded: All is fine with that. It's a product. OS + bundled hardware. The price is the price of those that sell it ... if it's too high for you, don't buy it.

And in doubt, just buy one. Make a fair (!) review, comparison with other i2s, i4s. Test your samples and return (!) it, if it does not fit the needs. E.g. not able to play LiveTV or have stuttering blurays or dropping DTS-HD every some seconds ... everything else is just speculating. You won't ever see someone of vero department to say: Yes, it's this 99 dollar cubox, but as OEM version in white ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Even I would have to agree with Ned on that point, $35 does seem pretty steep for a seemingly common remote.
An example is HardKernel charge $4 for this remote:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...1637537661

Sad state this think this thread should be locked since moderating isnt really happening

NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TOO BUY IT!!
(2015-05-28, 07:24)swetoast Wrote: NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TOO BUY IT!!

Obviously not, but this thread is all about "Is it worth to buy it?"

BTW, the comment about "where would be imx6 without osmc/vero" is just outrageous, and a disgrace to the Kodi devs who spent hours making this platform viable.

Sure thing, all this "affair" pretty much disgusted us and put us off of the platform. I'm afraid you don't have to expect much from us on this platform...
Koying I was asking the question as I just wanted clarification about who got the iMX6 code started to actually make it a viable platform.

That was why the question mark ? was at the end of the sentence. Seeking clarification, not having a dig at the original Kodi devs at all.
Apologies it it did not come across that way.
Fritsch explained it well in his post.

(2015-05-28, 08:15)Koying Wrote: BTW, the comment about "where would be imx6 without osmc/vero" is just outrageous, and a disgrace to the Kodi devs who spent hours making this platform viable.

I agree, that that comment is indeed outrageous, so I tried finding the original source. ---> 404

I think you might be unfairly characterising wrxtasy's comment, which was "would i.MX6 development be where it is right now without Vero and OSMC ?".

Edit: ah, wrxtasy has responded while I was typing.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11