• 9(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Really nice work, man.

The only suggestion I have would be the option to have a fallback image on the background when no media is playing. Other than that it's perfect.

Cheers.
Really amazing work. Can't wait for a release.
Thank you all.

(2015-05-29, 02:04)portuga2000 Wrote: Really nice work, man.

The only suggestion I have would be the option to have a fallback image on the background when no media is playing. Other than that it's perfect.

Cheers.

If you mean a picture for the 4th bloc (video preview), it's planned to be done.

After some config testing, I think the color editor really adds new possibilities. Playing with colors and transparency gives interresting results :

[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
This is the best WIP skin I have ever seen, every time you post something my jaw drops!!

This is the sort of creativity and polish in a skin I would easily pay good money for!! I've spent cash on themes for iPhone back in the day (Android user now) and this I would have no doubt about paying for Nod
(2015-06-01, 14:16)OLDCell Wrote: This is the best WIP skin I have ever seen, every time you post something my jaw drops!!

This is the sort of creativity and polish in a skin I would easily pay good money for!! I've spent cash on themes for iPhone back in the day (Android user now) and this I would have no doubt about paying for Nod

+1!

Make sure you have a donate link ready when you release, you deserve it! I love to customize the shit out of EVERYTHING, so naturally this skin made me cream my pants, well played sir well played!
Thank you guys. I will think about it when it will be finished (not so soon sadly).

I'm on the way to have the Designer completed. I'm cleaning and optimizing the code.
I added a possibility for anyone having a minimum coding skill to be able to develop its own "View" by writing in a dedicated xml file. It only requires to write the <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout>. All other parameters for the list is handled by the designer in order to resize and place it. Didn't tried it yet, so I made a quick card view ... so it works Wink

Thats such a awesome addition. The ability to add you to your own views on the fly will be revolutionary to custom setups. If it works I hope the feature is added to other skins. ..Good luck and well done
(2015-06-02, 14:31)Damac10 Wrote: Thats such a awesome addition. The ability to add you to your own views on the fly will be revolutionary to custom setups. If it works I hope the feature is added to other skins. ..Good luck and well done

Thanks

There's nothing crazy with the code to be able to do that. It's just I made things a different way in order to make things work properly with the designer. Instead of coding many viewtypes and list types, the designer configures a single Panel list in a single Viewtype for each section. The main panel parameters are called by strings for placing / sizing the list, the content is simply different <itemlayout> <focusedlayout> gathered in <include>'s with different names. Instead of switching viewtypes, it switches the panel content. Default <includes> (or panel content) are coded in my designer's xml files, I made another external file with a dummy <include> you can set up as you wish or add more (so you don't have to bother making changes in the designer's files). The only thing will be to add it in the selection loop to appear in the designer but the lines will also be in the separated file with explanations. That's all.

Thanks.. There are so many skins that are 98 percent perfect but the lack of views or personal preference niggles. This feature cancels begging and nagging for additional view types. One could in theory implement your personal favourite views resulting in unique and diverse configs. Will be nice to see people play with it when its ready...
This is just amazing Jay, are you accepting donations and can you tell us how advanced is the project?
Thanks.
Thank you.

There's no donations button right now simply because what's working is not enough to pretend a release soon. I don't want people think or hope it will be developped faster because there's some money engaged. It's first of all a hobby. I will probably add such a button when an alpha is ready. As an answer for how advanced is the project, I can tell that I finished the designer and relative "side custom windows". For "common" KODI windows, home, video nav, tv channels, epg grid, skin.scriptshorcuts, settings are ready. Music, pictures, addons, OSDs, all dialogs have to be coded. Moreover, I'm at some point that I'm asking myself what to do with dialogs. There's many of them I absolutely don't know how to handle it with dynamic configuration. Does it make sens to make them dynamic ? Not sure. For infodialogs, I would say I can take a look, but keyboard, filemanager, etc !!!Huh Of course, to let them fullscreen with some nice design could speed up the dev but it looses the concept. What you guys think ?

Just my 2 cents, don't make all of those dialogs dynamic. Infodialogs, please do. Again, thank you for your amazing work!

Regards,

Bart
Well, I finaly managed to deal with dialogs.
After some attemps with fullscreen I wasn't satisfied with and customizable configs making navigation confused, I decided to try to find a way to make things to respond to the design without having weird results. I don't handle the sizing feature but keep the positioning working from a reference component ... the sidebar.

I made it work and I think this is a great deal and make dialogs easy to setup now.
So when a dialog is called, the sidebar slides (from where it is set in the window) and displays the dialog (examples from keyboard ... actually coded) :

wow, absolutely brilliant work
You're a big tease.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18