• 16(current)
New HiMedia Q5
Grazie Q5 4k3d maestro Wink

So you confirm that some streaming kodi add-ons (like legal tv streaming) dont work with himediawrapper and the box connected to the router by lan ?
I should receive my box this week, so I dont know if I should install the wrapper, because I will use streaming add-ons, but I want hd áudio, so your solution seams the way to go.
But what are the problems, you cant install add-ons or you install and they dont work with both himedia player and kodi dvd player ?
himeida + kodi without himediawrapper not a sense, q5/m3 need is internal player.

you have anodrid use play store app for legal tv streaming usually is much better than addon.

I have test NHL game center tv streaming :
aNDROID App work without problem .
kodi addon not work well (use dvdplayer), not auto-swtich fps so there a loto of stutter.

If you want o need kodi addon buy a rasp pi or HTPC,it's better choise.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
+1. But, yes, any add-on will work, and they won't rely on the external (HiMedia) player.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks looun. You used a frequency of 50 hz as they are PAL channels ?

Thank you hdmkv, that´s great news. So you dont need to change to internal player as it´s the default player with add-ons ? I was concerned that the himediawrapper could conflict with Kodi add-ons.
(2015-05-27, 18:38)Saragosa Wrote: So you dont need to change to internal player as it´s the default player with add-ons ?
Correct. The only problematic area I've found is live TV. I use DVBLink PVR with Kodi, which works fine on my Chromebox, Fire TV, etc., but on Q5 with Kodi & HiMedia wrapper, it tries to open the live broadcast stream in HiMedia player & I get a 'unsupported' type error. I wish the playercorefactory.xml file that HiMedia wrapper APK installs was editable to define where HiMedia player would launch vs. where Kodi player would be used, but can't do that. For live TV, I'm using the HDHomeRun Kodi add-on instead, which like other add-ons, uses the internal Kodi player.
My HT
(2015-05-27, 19:59)hdmkv Wrote: I wish the playercorefactory.xml file that HiMedia wrapper APK installs was editable to define where HiMedia player would launch vs. where Kodi player would be used, but can't do that.

That would be the ideal solution. In my country, I do not know anyone with this box because everyone buys minix x8-h plus. So, I do not know what will be the behavior with certain add-ons. I think first I will try not to install the wrapper and then install to see the diferences.
When you install himedia wrapper, it's a definite installation or can uninstall it with a firmware reinstallation?
(2015-05-28, 12:21)Saragosa Wrote: I do not know anyone with this box because everyone buys minix x8-h plus.

It seems VidOn XBMC now can work on minix x8-h plus with the firmware 004 or above.
(2015-05-28, 17:03)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 12:21)Saragosa Wrote: I do not know anyone with this box because everyone buys minix x8-h plus.

It seems VidOn XBMC now can work on minix x8-h plus with the firmware 004 or above.

Does all the function available in the VidOn box works on the Minix X8-H?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Yep, including HD audio (and 3D ISO of course)? Any links?
I see the discussion @ Minix forum here. Good start, but seems like several issues to resolve, improve stability.
My HT
hdmkv, do you know if himedia wrapper is permanently installed or a new firmware installation deletes it ?
Here, a lot of people buy minix x8-h plus, because the good support it has. I think the hd audio problem has to do with Amlogic S812 soc. If so, probably will not have an easy solution.
HiMedia wrapper, Kodi, etc. are all gone with Q5 firmware update. Need to redo all.

HiMedia support has gotten better. Futeko forum is one way to have them get your feedback. Also, I and one other person in this thread are in direct contact with engineers.
My HT
So hdmkv, please dont forget to mention the resampling problems of mp3 and flac stereo files.
Can you provide specifics of the issue and I'll pass it on. Thanks.
My HT
As you know, flac and mp3 are audio files, which are characterized by bit rate and sampling frequency. The himedia outputs all of them with a frequency of 48 kHz. That is, 44.1, 96 and 192 kHz files are resampling to 48 kHz. But curiously only does it with stereo files as with flac 5.1 96 khz already transmits them at 96 kHz. This is a importante feature to everyone who wants to use it to passthrough áudio to receiver. Thank you for your support
Need to explain to HiMedia very simply, so basically you're asking they support 44.1, 96 and 192 kHz stereo (2.0) files (mp3, FLAC, etc.) at the same frequencies as source and not resample all to 48 kHz right? And that for 5.1 audio, Q5/10 already does 96 khz at 96 khz? I can ask if they can't support 192 kHz natively, they should at least do 96 for 2.0 and 5.1 audio.
My HT
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53