• 29(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-05-31, 00:10)kratos02 Wrote: can Himedia q5 play full 3d iso through external hard drive without stutter?
Yes!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I heard it's got issues playing files with 23.976 fps
Has anyone any experience with using a PVR with the HiMedia Player.?

I've got TVHeadend running on my NAS as a backend and am interested in running the frontend with the Himedia Q5.. I'm currently running a FireTV but would love to have 3D and DTS-HD.!!

Anyone.?
kratos02, HiMedia Q5/Q10/M3 can all play 23.976 perfectly with latest firmware v1.0.9.

MortUK74, I'm using DVBLink (on my Synology NAS) with 2x HDHomeRun dual tuner units. The set-up works fine, but playback not so well... at least with MPEG2 1080i & 720p (U.S. ATSC). HiMedia MPEG2 HD playback has stutter and audio sync issues. I've sent their engineers samples, but no fix yet. Looks like you're in the UK, which is H.264 right, so may not be an issue.
My HT
Any info on the PI2 Iso playback? One guy here in the forum stated it was only days away - and was never seen again. Is this legit and actually happening?
If so, this might really be the perfect player.
It says in the form that NTSC MPEG2 does not really work on the Q5, that would be bad for me and my DVDrips.

Well, what should I do? The A-400 could go on for the waiting period. Just wonder how "official" the info was...
(2015-05-31, 20:21)3dgeek Wrote: Just wonder how "official" the info was...

Unless his name is popcornmix, it wasn't official at all, and I'm pretty sure popcornmix hasn't given any firm dates on when ISO support will be added, other than to confirm that it will be added.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-31, 20:21)3dgeek Wrote: Any info on the PI2 Iso playback? One guy here in the forum stated it was only days away - and was never seen again. Is this legit and actually happening?
If so, this might really be the perfect player.
It says in the form that NTSC MPEG2 does not really work on the Q5, that would be bad for me and my DVDrips.

Well, what should I do? The A-400 could go on for the waiting period. Just wonder how "official" the info was...

Catherine popped up giving an update a little while ago and is working on it I believe. I think she also worked with popcorn mix on the 3D MVC stuff? It's not a trivial task - but I have every faith it will appear at some point, and probably quite soon.

Given that the Pi is one of the only devices with 3D MVC replay natively within Kodi at all (I think some work is being done on one other ARM SoC platform - can't remember if AMLogic or i.MX6) I think it is likely that the Pi will get 3D ISO support sooner rather than later.

It has gained 3D MVC and HD Audio replay (via decoding losslessly for 48/96kHz tracks) recently, and is being very actively developed, unlike many other platforms.
Im running a video now, but its playing 1090x800
Very strange?
(2015-05-31, 20:33)Milhouse Wrote: Unless his name was popcornmix, it wasn't official at all, and I'm pretty sure popcornmix hasn't given any firm dates on when ISO support will be added, other than to confirm that it will be added.

This is the Info that was posted:

(2015-05-01, 14:17)deborah_c Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 14:41)hdmkv Wrote: Curious as to how the ISO support is coming along?

I hope it should be there within the next few days; I'm afraid I've been quite unwell this month, which has delayed it.

Posted on the 1st of May, saying support would come in the next couple of days.

So, it probably was not a legit statement.
What are the dimensions of the video file? Ie what should it be playing at?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-31, 20:21)3dgeek Wrote: It says in the form that NTSC MPEG2 does not really work on the Q5, that would be bad for me and my DVDrips.
DVD rips are no issue; I was referring to some MPEG2 HD streams/rips not playing smoothly.
My HT
(2015-05-31, 22:08)3dgeek Wrote: So, it probably was not a legit statement.

Actually @deborah_c (guy?! Smile) /is/ a "legit" source in this instance as Deborah is the developer working on ISO support, however you've read what has been written so clearly progress hasn't been as smooth as one would have hoped.

Fingers crossed it's only software issues that are delaying ISO support, and nothing more serious.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-31, 22:09)nickr Wrote: What are the dimensions of the video file? Ie what should it be playing at?

1920x1080
(2015-05-31, 22:20)Milhouse Wrote: Fingers crossed it's only software issues that are delaying ISO support, and nothing more serious.

Thanks, that sounds promissing.
(2015-05-31, 22:19)hdmkv Wrote: DVD rips are no issue; I was referring to some MPEG2 HD streams/rips not playing smoothly.

Thanks so much for clearing that up.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17