• 47(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-05-29, 12:27)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 06:23)oldpoem Wrote: This is strange. I got no GUI while try to back to main menu with Aeon Nox but Confluence works fine.

I had not yet posted the latest version

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6b9s4...gard10.rar

let me know if works with your skins the preview/background playback with madVR

We just need to overwrite the previous installation with the zip's content, right? Is Kodi.pdb needed?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@aracnoz

OK i'll check with GPU-Z to see if GPU is at normal processing... but fans are starting whren i pause, and going slow again when a play again, so I think there is a real issue with pause, that wasn't (at least for me) in build 6.

Am I the only one to have this issue?

Aracnoz maybe could you make an option? To let people choose between build6 pause behavior and build7 behavior?

I'll try to test build10 also, to see if background playback is okay..
(2015-06-01, 20:19)djoole Wrote: @aracnoz

OK i'll check with GPU-Z to see if GPU is at normal processing... but fans are starting whren i pause, and going slow again when a play again, so I think there is a real issue with pause, that wasn't (at least for me) in build 6.

Am I the only one to have this issue?

Aracnoz maybe could you make an option? To let people choose between build6 pause behavior and build7 behavior?

I'll try to test build10 also, to see if background playback is okay..

Since I'm using Fanless Graphic Card. I can't tell if GPU has high load or not without using external monitoring tool. Nor that it matters since no issue for me when pause.
Even more dangerous for a fanless graphic card...
It's not overly hot because it can't use highest settings unlike those power-hungry gpu.
(2015-06-01, 20:19)djoole Wrote: I'll try to test build10 also, to see if background playback is okay..

When I press back i get a black screen instead of seeing the nav screen.
I'm using MQ5 Scott Isengard mod.
(2015-06-01, 20:19)djoole Wrote: OK i'll check with GPU-Z to see if GPU is at normal processing... but fans are starting whren i pause, and going slow again when a play again, so I think there is a real issue with pause, that wasn't (at least for me) in build 6.

I can't reproduce the issue right now (build10).
GPU@52 during playback, @55 during pause.

I don't know how i got the issue with build 7/8/9, but it seems it's not systematic.
(2015-06-01, 19:08)ashlar Wrote: We just need to overwrite the previous installation with the zip's content, right? Is Kodi.pdb needed?

yes you have to just overwrite the file, the Kodi.pdb it's needed in case of problems see at first page in "how to help" for more details

djoole Wrote:When I press back i get a black screen instead of seeing the nav screen.
I'm using MQ5 Scott Isengard mod.

just tested and works on my system with windows 8.1 maybe someone else can try

djoole Wrote:I can't reproduce the issue right now (build10).
GPU@52 during playback, @55 during pause.

I don't know how i got the issue with build 7/8/9, but it seems it's not systematic.

i compared the build6 with the latest build for the pause, the result it's the same like the quickfix that it's basically the same

just to be clear, why this don't not happens with mpc?
because mpc don't need to render anything during the pause, instead with kodi we need to show the gui over the madVR paused frame, to do that for each video refresh i have to ask madvr to redraw the paused frame to clear the background otherwise we would see the mouse printed with every movement

what happens when kodi ask to madvr to redraw the frame? i really don't know i think that it's something related to how madvr store several frame before the presentation because for each time that i ask madvr to redraw a single frame madVR redraws 8 frames or something like that so instead to run at 23/24/25fps everything run at 23/24/25fps *8 or more fps if the gpu can reach this result Smile

the quick fix it's very simple, i put a Sleep(25) in madvr thread so he can not render too many frame at same time and in this way the gpu load it's partially saved but the gui it's not smooth as he should, so it could run at 10fps or 30fps, it could be influenced by madvr settings or by the gpu power

the final solution can came out only by madVR side, probably madshi will change the pause behavior to continue to redraw the same frame by itself
Hey guys, just stumbled on the thread now. The player looks great.

Any chance you could incorporate fast playback with audio with dsplayer?

say for speeds of 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2x fast playback.

Thats a big feature im missing with the official kodi devs not wanting to incorporate it into the kodi default player. There are many people who would love this feature too.

cheers
Thanks for the clear explanation aracnoz.
Is Madshi aware of this "issue", and is he planning to correct it?
(2015-06-02, 02:11)tixx Wrote: Hey guys, just stumbled on the thread now. The player looks great.

Thats a big feature im missing with the official kodi devs not wanting to incorporate it into the kodi default player. There are many people who would love this feature too.

cheers

Why would you want to watch anything at 2x speed?
(2015-06-02, 00:19)aracnoz Wrote: i compared the build6 with the latest build for the pause, the result it's the same like the quickfix that it's basically the same

And still, here it is :

GPU @80% during pause and 50% during playback.

Maybe your fix somehow doesn't activate everytime? Any log would be useful for you?
I've just discovered Kodi DSPlayer, don't know how I missed it, but in any case it's totally awesome! Smile

I see that some madVR settings can be configured via the Kodi GUI. My setup has my HTPC with Kodi connected to a HDMI switch which connects to both a TV and a projector. I'd like to use a different 3D LUT table in madVR for these two output devices. Unfortunately in madVR settings, the HDMI switch is shown as a single output device, and the TV/projector is "hidden" behind it.

Is there any way of switching 3D LUT files in madVR via the Kodi GUI?
(2015-06-02, 22:58)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 02:11)tixx Wrote: Hey guys, just stumbled on the thread now. The player looks great.

cheers

Why would you want to watch anything at 2x speed?

well 1.25 and 1.5 is good for shows where they talk slow, or they are long episodes that start to drag on.

x2 is good for audio/video lectures, or other sort of presentations, that can be watched quickly to grab key information rather than listen to them drag on.

Either way, its a quite commonly requested feature, but many tools dont support it.
Hi tixx, personally I understand your request and I previously asked for slow motion and frame by frame advancement.

But I think that before going beyond what Kodi normally offers... we should be waiting for a rock solid implementation of DSPlayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47