• 3(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
(2015-06-03, 20:01)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 17:38)Tennyten Wrote: This is currently only working for me in TV shows and not movies. Is this a skin or addon issue? Thanks.

It's only designed to work with TV Shows, can you explain how or what you thought it would do with movies?

One of the skin developers linked this thread since i had a question on the topic. In his skin once 'Play next video automatically' is enabled, it enables it for both tv shows & movies. He figured this addon would solve the movie issue.
(2015-06-03, 23:39)gbandit Wrote: I must say this is pretty awesome. Aside from the bug mentioned above (prompting to play the last episode again) I didn't have any issues with it watching a few series last night.

Thanks Smile That bug should be squashed now.

(2015-06-04, 00:04)Tennyten Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 20:01)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 17:38)Tennyten Wrote: This is currently only working for me in TV shows and not movies. Is this a skin or addon issue? Thanks.

It's only designed to work with TV Shows, can you explain how or what you thought it would do with movies?

One of the skin developers linked this thread since i had a question on the topic. In his skin once 'Play next video automatically' is enabled, it enables it for both tv shows & movies. He figured this addon would solve the movie issue.

No there is no relation between this addon and the "play next video automatically" setting. This addon is for TV Shows only.
@im85288 If you do want to add Movie support, you can use trakt to find similar movies... it would be a fairly easy to add.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Beautiful work, a very useful add-on. Thank you!

Will this be submitted to the official repository?

Integrated both parts into Xperience1080 v4.x

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks, yes I submitted it a couple of days ago. As soon as it's in the official repo I will post about it here. Looks good in xperience1080..must put Aquarius on my watch list!

(2015-06-04, 01:34)Lunatixz Wrote: @im85288 If you do want to add Movie support, you can use trakt to find similar movies... it would be a fairly easy to add.

Maybe way down the line but I just can't see it being any use at the moment, even if you find a similar movie it's not necessarily in your library or even something you want to watch..plus after a movie you probably want to sleep!

The only thing in my head where it "could" have a use case is in movie sets. Anyway for now TV is the main aim
(2015-06-04, 11:08)im85288 Wrote: Thanks, yes I submitted it a couple of days ago. As soon as it's in the official repo I will post about it here. Looks good in xperience1080..must put Aquarius on my watch list!

(2015-06-04, 01:34)Lunatixz Wrote: @im85288 If you do want to add Movie support, you can use trakt to find similar movies... it would be a fairly easy to add.

Maybe way down the line but I just can't see it being any use at the moment, even if you find a similar movie it's not necessarily in your library or even something you want to watch..plus after a movie you probably want to sleep!

The only thing in my head where it "could" have a use case is in movie sets. Anyway for now TV is the main aim

No need to overcomplicate it with movies, I can't see one reasonable use. For TV, however, I consider this add-on essential.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-06-04, 11:41)Piers Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 11:08)im85288 Wrote: Thanks, yes I submitted it a couple of days ago. As soon as it's in the official repo I will post about it here. Looks good in xperience1080..must put Aquarius on my watch list!

No need to overcomplicate it with movies, I can't see one reasonable use. For TV, however, I consider this add-on essential.

I can think of a use case:

Suggest a movie when you have just watched the last episode available for a TV show.
Installed but had not worked. I have some shows which are on my hdd and not watched and I watched first episode but nothing happened, I then tried a show which uses strm files and again nothing.
(2015-06-05, 13:47)OLDCell Wrote: Installed but had not worked. I have some shows which are on my hdd and not watched and I watched first episode but nothing happened, I then tried a show which uses strm files and again nothing.

Can you go into the settings and set the log level to debug and post you log of when this occurs. I'm not sure about strm support, it uses a similar logic to that of the ongoing episodes widgets..so if the episode is appearing in your ongoing episodes widget it should be prompting to play using this addon.
I'm using your mod of Arctic zephyr. The shows appear in the widget on home screen.

I'll play a short episode fully and have debug on and will post shortly.
What you could do for testing purposes is set the notification time to something like 6000 seconds, this way the popup will occur almost straight away on episodes of about half an hour. That's the way I tested a few things.
Thanks I'll try that in a mo. Will test strm and standard files.
My log.

http://xbmclogs.com/ptbrtdoes

Looking for all instances of nextup it looks like it is doing what it should do, but im not getting any popup to continue to next episode.
(2015-06-04, 12:01)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 11:41)Piers Wrote:

I can think of a use case:

Suggest a movie when you have just watched the last episode available for a TV show.

The 'problem' of using it for movies are the credits - are you really going to sit there watching 10 or more minutes of them waiting for the notification to pop up?
(2015-06-05, 15:40)OLDCell Wrote: My log.

http://xbmclogs.com/ptbrtdoes

Looking for all instances of nextup it looks like it is doing what it should do, but im not getting any popup to continue to next episode.

It's not getting the details of the now playing episode for some reason, see this part:

Code:
NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"label":"Ripped Pants","tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"}}}

The tvshowid should not be -1 and the type needs to be "episode"

I can only guess it's down to how some of your media is scraped...is "Ripped Pants" from a TV Show and in your TV library. If it is a strm it may be unsupported due to not being able to identify what's playing correctly.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7