• 34(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Hi all here`s a black version to match in with Richards colour version until the other themes are done this could be placed within the version that is out now and would not look out of place to much until the other views where added, what you think.

Updated:
New Black Theme
Pull Down/Push up button replaced from arrow to a line type.
Added Device info at top left corner next to the word remote so you know what device the remote is connected to
Changed highlighted button line to a rounded version.
Changed font to regular teen from light and slightly enlarged the font.

I tried the image on the ipad and it looks very slick in black I have to say, I think I like it better than the turquoise colour
(2015-06-03, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote: Looking good! I like the middle example the best (of course, that is just my personal preference). Thank you Meridius!

Regards,

Bart

I agree, I also like the middle example the best :-)
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi Richard,

No problem now we know what two bottom bars to use in the final build, so if I design both bars would it be possible to have an option for both bars and let the user decide.

cheers
(2015-06-04, 07:53)meridius Wrote: Hi Richard,

No problem now we know what two bottom bars to use in the final build, so if I design both bars would it be possible to have an option for both bars and let the user decide.

cheers

Of course, I would actually prefer that.
will try and get them buttons up for you this weekend, I had a quick play tonight and came up with this I don't know if thee better than the last menu bars but what do you think of these versions

heres a couple of pics I have been playing with the bar again, lol

please save images to ipad and view to get the best results

a funky colour theme version

any thoughts better or is the other menu bar better
At first sight for me it was difficult to see which button was selected. The buttons however are really great. What about all the buttons like movies and in the normal status the textcolour is like the home button. When selected the textcolour is like the movies button.

This button type could be an excellent additional option for the user to decide.
Hi mate

So if I read you right you want s single colour bar and off white text for none selected and when selected it just changes the text to White. ?

I have a couple of ideas for that bar design I am going to lower the selected icon so it looks out of alignment so it would look more selected. And also going to play with a drop shadow to see what I can come up with.

What about different colours for different selection types might see what I can come up with.
I have finished the new search in Kodi option. As you can see in the screen shot I have defined some fields which are searchable. If anyone wants to add something, now's the time :-)

Looking good Richard, I have had a long hard look at the remote menu and found that it needed just a touch of colour just a touch, and thought about what your said that it was hard to see what button was selected so I did a little bit of work and came up with this.

Please Save image and View all images on ipad to get the best results.

Gold version.

Blue Version.

Purple version.

and so on, the end user can have a choose of many colours, well what do you think ? I think this is the final version of the remote as now there's a littlie bit of colour and has a much better flat design to the others.
Hi all the wife asked me to colour in the play buttons but when I did that it did not look right from the white so I decided to go half and half and it did not look that bad at all (see post 504) for all white play buttons.)

what you think all white or half and half.

and here`s the banner view

the bottom buttons need changing to the right buttons as in this image there from the remote (did not have time to do that) but I just wanted to give you an idea the way I am heading with the ipad views. as you can see I designed the remote not just to have a large area of touch but that are becomes the ipad views and hopfully gives Richard less to program once the remote view is done, the other views for movies,tv shows, music and others will use the touch pad space of the remote (yet to design)

the top left name changes to the view your in like remote or series as you can see from the two different pics. the (min) to the right is the total time of all episodes. and you also have indication of how many seasons you have..

one of the best features is you can still use the volume and see and use the time line sliders in any view.

let me know your thoughts on these views, as I can then start doing data for Richard for sizes and placements and colour info for him to start it

thanks

hope you like the way we am going
For me it's perfect Smile

(2015-06-05, 23:03)rschiks Wrote: I have finished the new search in Kodi option. As you can see in the screen shot I have defined some fields which are searchable. If anyone wants to add something, now's the time :-)

Ok, great. Of course I can always add items later, but version 1.5 is almost done.
As requested I have added the send WOL on start option:

(2015-06-06, 07:35)meridius Wrote: Hi all the wife asked me to colour in the play buttons but when I did that it did not look right from the white so I decided to go half and half and it did not look that bad at all (see post 504) for all white play buttons.)

what you think all white or half and half.

and here`s the banner view

the bottom buttons need changing to the right buttons as in this image there from the remote (did not have time to do that) but I just wanted to give you an idea the way I am heading with the ipad views. as you can see I designed the remote not just to have a large area of touch but that are becomes the ipad views and hopfully gives Richard less to program once the remote view is done, the other views for movies,tv shows, music and others will use the touch pad space of the remote (yet to design)

the top left name changes to the view your in like remote or series as you can see from the two different pics. the (min) to the right is the total time of all episodes. and you also have indication of how many seasons you have..

one of the best features is you can still use the volume and see and use the time line sliders in any view.

let me know your thoughts on these views, as I can then start doing data for Richard for sizes and placements and colour info for him to start it

thanks

hope you like the way we am going

Hi there,
just my 2 cents:
i am a big fan of poster views, don't like the thumbs, even for shows, i guess i have more the feeling of selecting a BR/DVD while touching it :-)

When it comes to color i prefere less than possible, so i would vote against the multicolor buttons and rather go for an easy color theme ( or multibles)
Lat but not least i would also vote to be able to disable any gesture area, so people that would like to use itm can turn it off
(i put away any remote with gestures, because the getting in the way after some time, first moment they look great, but if you watching movies and simply like to adjust one thing buttons are easier (at least for me :-)).
Best Regards
@linusorg: Don't forget that you don't have to select the theme or remote control view. It's selectable. If you don't like it, choose another. A remote control view based on touch and disabling the touch area doesn't make sense to me.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8