• 23(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
Can you help me understand if this patch will do what I'm hoping it will do...

Prior to using the match I can successfully play music audio EITHER:

- on the TV connected to the OpenELEC box
OR
- (using context menu>Play using..) send the audio to a DLNA radio in the kitchen (made visible via UPnP settings)

I'm looking for a way to have the audio play on both devices at the same time in sync. So the control is via Kodi, the artwork shows on the TV, and the audio plays in both places. Is this patch the way to do that? If not, how can I achieve this? Can Kodi send to an airplay target (I have an airport express that connects to the aux in of the radio) in the same way that it can receive airplay? Or can I use the DLNA capabilities of the radio?

IF the answer to the above is that it should do it, then I also have a problem making it work...
I have installed it via OpenELEC Dev Update, but I don't see the radio available as an option on the "Audio Output Device" section, after I tick "dual audio output" in the System>Audio Output settings area.
When I check System Info>Summary I have version "Kodi 14.2-DualAudio-r017 Git:7cc53a9 (Compiled: Apr 3 2015) and Operating System "OpenELEC (unofficial) - Version 5.0.8 (kernel: Linux 3.17.8) so can I assume the install went OK? If so, do I need to do something else to make the option appear?
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
No, you can't use this patch for playing media files locally and streaming them to another device the same time.
This patch is for local playback using two local audio devices.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
(2015-04-21, 05:11)fly89 Wrote: thor2002ro, can you compile 14.2 windows dual audio with this patch?
https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/0f...a182420482
it would be great.

here it is included both patches
https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/9d...2548a39d17
https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/0f...a182420482

you can see in system info that its named "DualAudio-r017+9daa2a9+0f778d4"

HERE

hope it works for what you need it for
it works great, i don´t have stutter with video in background at 24p with videoclock (drop/dupe audio).
Thanks man!
My system is running fine at the moment (Openelec 5.0.8). Except for missing this great dual audio feature.
I just dont want to do a clean install.
So I wonder if I can add this dual audio to my system.

If possible, can someone explain how this must be done?
I just compiled OpenELEC 6.0 beta 1 (version 5.95.1) Generic.x86_64 with dual audio support.
I am not at home for a few days, so the patch was adjusted without further testing.

Download is available via signature link. Any feedback is welcome Smile

Edit: All actual platform builds (Generic.x86_64, Nvidia_Legacy.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Play.arm) are available now.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
Downloaded your OpenElec v5.95.1. Works 'out of the box'. Thx!
Still looking for the right settings but that is a matter of time Smile
5.95.1 seems to work very well so far. All it needs now is DSP support (for room correction) and I would be a very happy boy!
I have a few problems in Dual Audio installation.
1) I installed OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.8-DualAudio-r017.tar on a sdcard but the system did not boot.
2) Secondly I installed OpenELEC-DualAudio-builds-by-DarkAngel2401 for Kodi 5.0.8 on sdcard and it booted. I have a hifiberry DAC which I wnated to drive in DUAL mode alongwith HDMI/Analogue. But in noway I could install ALSA in this and run hififbery in DUAL mode. Please guide me how can I do this
I am a noob in linux but I can perform the steps if properly explained.
I don't know hifiberry, but the image provided on their website comes with HDMI audio deactivated - it seems that hifiberry is incompatible with that dual audio patch.
After a few days with OpenElec patch 5.95.1 I am experiencing some difficulties. Don't know exactly if it is Kodi or the patch. No audio at all and both audio-options are greyed-out, so I can't select or adjust any output. Also, the greyed-out option is not the one which I defined. A system restart helps but then I need to reselect the right outputs. Sometimes even the restart doesn't work (freeze), I need to switch off the system. If someone has any ideas how to solve this..... Huh
When watching a movie with 2 audio tracks (audio languages) Can I use this patch to play one audio track (language 1) trough one output and the other audio track (language 2) trough the other? Or is it designed to play the same audio track on both outputs?
No you can't play different audio tracks through different outputs. It does, as you guess, play the same audio track on both outputs.
Hi I tried the install version in post 333, works great on music, both outputs working normally. But when watching video massive stuttering irrespective of film, tried a few local movies. Any pointers?

Thanks
(2015-06-11, 22:17)Megadodo111 Wrote: Hi I tried the install version in post 333, works great on music, both outputs working normally. But when watching video massive stuttering irrespective of film, tried a few local movies. Any pointers?

Thanks

Take a look at this post. I was having the same issues you are describing. You have to set up the outputs correctly or the stuttering will happen.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9