• 125(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-06-10, 21:53)Lord_Gabo Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 17:06)sangean Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 17:01)bromix Wrote: 1.) enable the option in KODI itself for videos Wink => http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

2.) History is internally a playlist so I know how much videos I have to load to support 'Play all'. For search this won't work...but 'Play from here' for the first videos (max. 50) on the first page could work.

These are technical and logical limitations.

"but 'Play from here' for the first videos (max. 50) on the first page could work."

Could work mean I should be able to configure it to see that in the context menu, or it means it could work if you implemented it?Smile It would be very useful for my kid so that the animated cartoon clips would play in a row.

Thank you I've Solved!!! Could you tell me why vevo video are in SD?
Do you have an example, I don't watch Vevo at all Wink
(2015-06-10, 22:56)bromix Wrote: Do you have an example, I don't watch Vevo at all Wink

I Watch a lor of music playlist in youtube . When video in playlist are coming from vevo For example Pretty Fly For a White Guy from the Offspring they're played in SD an very low quality other videos are good and in hd
I'm sure someone has noticed this, but just in case... The add-on gives an exception in content provider with a requester that says Unknown Kind " OK, on update it also gives this until you either log-out and re-enter the double tedium.

For most first time installers, it would seem that there is something amiss with the add-on, most of the links like 'popular now' are either not functional or subscription based, vs a web browser experience. I do remember reading about the double entendre, and consequently I was warned, but others might have issue where there is none. This isn't to say this isn't one of my most valued add-ons, because it is, and I do appreciate the effort that has gone far and away into code depths that would give me nightmares.

Thank-you for this great addition to Kodi.
(2015-06-10, 18:59)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 16:51)sangean Wrote: 1. Why can't this app play clips continuously?

2. When I go to history, then context menu has "Play All" and "Play from Here". How come same context menu is not available in a search result?

Can you please confirm this? There should be already a 'Play from here' in the context menu for search results Smile

It has "Play only this". I check it on both Windows and Android version!

(2015-06-10, 17:01)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 16:51)sangean Wrote: 1. Why can't this app play clips continuously?

2. When I go to history, then context menu has "Play All" and "Play from Here". How come same context menu is not available in a search result?

1.) enable the option in KODI itself for videos Wink => http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

That setting has NO effect. It can be ON or OFF, either way 1 YouTube clip is played and then it goes back to the list so user can pick the next clip. So is this a bug then?
"Play only this" I've never seen that one before. Which version of KODI and what Skin you're using?
(2015-06-11, 08:19)bromix Wrote: "Play only this" I've never seen that one before. Which version of KODI and what Skin you're using?

Latest official Kodi 14.2 and default skin.

"Play from here" is shown when "Play the next video automatically" is set OFF in Kodi Video settings
"Play only this" is shown when "Play the next video automatically" is set ON in Kodi Video settings

Am I right that having "Play the next video automatically" ON should solve my problem so that by simply left clicking on the clip should start playing all the clips continuously from that clip?
Then please fix it. If not then please have an extra option in your YouTube app where normal left click start would play continuously. Right click Context menu does not work in MK808B Plus Android 4.4.2, it moves back to the previous page...
(2015-06-11, 16:20)sangean Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 08:19)bromix Wrote: "Play only this" I've never seen that one before. Which version of KODI and what Skin you're using?

"Play from here" is shown when "Play the next video automatically" is set OFF in Kodi Video settings
"Play only this" is shown when "Play the next video automatically" is set ON in Kodi Video settings

Am I right that having "Play the next video automatically" ON should solve my problem so that by simply left clicking on the clip should start playing all the clips continuously from that clip?
Correct.

(2015-06-11, 16:20)sangean Wrote: Then please fix it. If not then please have an extra option in your YouTube app where normal left click start would play continuously. Right click Context menu does not work in MK808B Plus Android 4.4.2, it moves back to the previous page...
This is the default context menu you're seeing, provided by KODI itself with some extra from YouTube. If I would customize the context menu, I have to override it and then something else for someone else will be missing, because I can't replicate all default context menu items.

For UX reasons I won't add more settings - if the Android port of KODI hasn't a hold long press feature (I tested is with my Android system and I get a context menu) for context menus than this a design flaw of KODI. An addon shouldn't fix or correct usability flaws of the system.
(2015-06-11, 16:27)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 16:20)sangean Wrote:

Correct.

(2015-06-11, 16:20)sangean Wrote: Then please fix it. If not then please have an extra option in your YouTube app where normal left click start would play continuously. Right click Context menu does not work in MK808B Plus Android 4.4.2, it moves back to the previous page...
This is the default context menu you're seeing, provided by KODI itself with some extra from YouTube. If I would customize the context menu, I have to override it and then something else for someone else will be missing, because I can't replicate all default context menu items.

For UX reasons I won't add more settings - if the Android port of KODI hasn't a hold long press feature (I tested is with my Android system and I get a context menu) for context menus than this a design flaw of KODI. An addon shouldn't fix or correct usability flaws of the system.

Now I tested it and this different context menu makes sense.
When you enable AUTO PLAY in Video settings, then context menu with right click offers to override the default left click value by offering "Play only this".
When AUTO PLAY is disabled, the context menu offers "Play from here". So the context menu always offers the opposite of the default left click.

I tested AUTO PLAY ENABLED with local video clips and it works well. However it does NOT work with your YouTube plugin.

Can you do the same test with local video clips and YouTube clips? Do you get the same result as me that with your YouTube plugin, this feature is broken? Then is it a bug in Kodi itself or your YouTube plugin?
I got a crash when skipping to another timestamp (for example, using the slider in Yatze remote control) playing a video with the youtube plugin (I'm on kodi / osmc / youtube plugin 5.x.x).

When I start a youtube video, everything plays fine. When I skip forward (through Yatze for example) it goes right one time. Skipping again, to another timestamp again: kodi freezes.

Anyone encountered this before?

Also, pressing "stop" after skipping the first time takes ages to return to the main menu, sometimes freezing Kodi.
(2015-06-11, 23:06)sangean Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 16:27)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 16:20)sangean Wrote: Latest official Kodi 14.2 and default skin.

Correct.

Now I tested it and this different context menu makes sense.
When you enable AUTO PLAY in Video settings, then context menu with right click offers to override the default left click value by offering "Play only this".
When AUTO PLAY is disabled, the context menu offers "Play from here". So the context menu always offers the opposite of the default left click.

I tested AUTO PLAY ENABLED with local video clips and it works well. However it does NOT work with your YouTube plugin.

Can you do the same test with local video clips and YouTube clips? Do you get the same result as me that with your YouTube plugin, this feature is broken? Then is it a bug in Kodi itself or your YouTube plugin?
'Play from here' in the result of a search fills the 'current Playlist' (left bar navigation) and plays all 50 videos sequentially.

With the playback setting enabled and just starting the first video, all videos after that won't play sequentially and seems to be a bug in KODI - at least I would expect sequential playback.
(2015-06-12, 00:25)schudel Wrote: I got a crash when skipping to another timestamp (for example, using the slider in Yatze remote control) playing a video with the youtube plugin (I'm on kodi / osmc / youtube plugin 5.x.x).

When I start a youtube video, everything plays fine. When I skip forward (through Yatze for example) it goes right one time. Skipping again, to another timestamp again: kodi freezes.

Anyone encountered this before?

Also, pressing "stop" after skipping the first time takes ages to return to the main menu, sometimes freezing Kodi.
Debug log (wiki) please after you tried skipping. Also do you have the same problem while skipping directly in KODI (without Yatse)
Been a while since I had to stop by, mainly because to addon works so well for me. I do have one request.
After doing a fresh install I was a little annoyed that my watched status is not saved anywhere. Would it be possible to get some sort of export option so that I can restore the watched indicators after a fresh install?
"With the playback setting enabled and just starting the first video, all videos after that won't play sequentially and seems to be a bug in KODI - at least I would expect sequential playback."

Ok, but do you still think the bug is in Kodi and not the YouTube plugin? After all playing back local video clips in Kodi works fine (continuously).
Because then I will report this bug in Kodi related forum, even though it just does not work with YouTube app.
(2015-06-12, 12:23)sangean Wrote: "With the playback setting enabled and just starting the first video, all videos after that won't play sequentially and seems to be a bug in KODI - at least I would expect sequential playback."

Ok, but do you still think the bug is in Kodi and not the YouTube plugin? After all playing back local video clips in Kodi works fine (continuously).
Because then I will report this bug in Kodi related forum, even though it just does not work with YouTube app.

I would say a bug in KODI, because the 'current playlist' isn't filled up with videos (but in my opinion should have if the settings is enabled for sequential playback). Maybe this setting isn't working for addons at all and was only intended for local files.
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20