• 40(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Hi all

Here is an update on the music view just about done on the album layout (remember this is at the design stage and has not been implemented in the remote yet)

and when you select any album it slides to the top if the album is on the 2nd or 3rd row down but since the first row is already at the top that would not need to do that. and then you would have a view like this.

hope you like it let me know your thoughts on the new layout. thought long and hard on the best way to do that view.

save the two images to your ipad to get the best feel of it.

and the larger none text version view.

the remote view pics coming soon
Meridius,

Looking sweet! Thank you for your continued work on this!

A few of comments:

1. In the first image, it is not clear to me how the artist is selected, there is no indication as to where you chose Amy Wine house.

2. My personal preference is to have the text underneath the album covers, since many times you cannot tell what the name of the album is or who the artist is by looking at the cover.

3. Again, my personal preference, would be to not have the border around the cover of the album that makes it look like a CD jewel case. I think that looks a bit dated.

4. Since this view is a music view, does it make sense to have the "Viewing ends" piece at the top? Could it perhaps be replaced by the total album duration when an album is selected?

Once more, thank you so much for continuing to make this the best Kodi remote ever, and I can't wait to try all of these new views!

Regards,

Bart
(2015-06-13, 04:27)bsoriano Wrote: Meridius,

Looking sweet! Thank you for your continued work on this!

A few of comments:

1. In the first image, it is not clear to me how the artist is selected, there is no indication as to where you chose Amy Wine house.

2. My personal preference is to have the text underneath the album covers, since many times you cannot tell what the name of the album is or who the artist is by looking at the cover.

3. Again, my personal preference, would be to not have the border around the cover of the album that makes it look like a CD jewel case. I think that looks a bit dated.

4. Since this view is a music view, does it make sense to have the "Viewing ends" piece at the top? Could it perhaps be replaced by the total album duration when an album is selected?

Once more, thank you so much for continuing to make this the best Kodi remote ever, and I can't wait to try all of these new views!

Regards,

Bart

1. There ware two ways of doing this.
a, Is that once you select any view like moves, tv or music the program has to auto select the first item in your library list and displays its info in the info bar at the top as there is nothing selected by the user and then you have to still select that item again to display more info like track lists in music or another album.

or what I could do.

b. I could design a poster an d wallpaper and a set info in the middle so that when you select that view on the ipad it has nothing selected at all in any view but has a default poster and fanart until a user selects a item form the library. I have to do this for the remote view anyway as once the remote opens up and nothing is been played it needs some sort of default artwork to display on first start-up.

2. There will be more than one for each library so that each user has at least a couple of views to select.

3. see point 2 I could do the same view but without the case as I am very very limited to what I can do in music view anyway as how the track list menu works. so there will be only 3 views. It was a right bitch to get them views right with text as I tried many ways to make it look right but not unusable. the text that does not fit would scroll automatically to read the full track list.
it was also requested by one user to have cd covers so trying to please everyone but there will be only three views
small cover with text
large covers no text with case
large covers no text with no case.

4. you do have the album duration in the top info bar of each album the "viewing ends" would be renamed to album ends but I could ask Richard (bless him I am given him some work to do here) to have both a album ends and album duration, so say it would display album ends for 5 sec and then fades out and then the album duration would fade in for 5 sec and could go back and fourth like that, what do you think of that idea ?

If you notice the track list view there are two littlie round dots abit how pages work on the iphone and ipad this is so you know there are more tracks and you would need to scroll form left to right to see the other tracks as 8 tracks can only be displayed at once for space reasons and text size.

I am also wanting to ask Richard if when selecting each album if he can somehow make each track list boarder box change colour to suit the album abit how iTunes does it. or should I leave it one colour for all albums ?

I can not wait to try the new views to but this is going to take time and a lot of work to get it into a working remote.

thanks for the kind words.
@Richard, Hi mate

is it possible to read cd art from kodi/xbmc ? as I was thinking of having a cd art in the music track list which could be animated can this be done can you pull the image and program it to be animated ?

Also wanting to ask if when selecting each album if you can somehow make each track list boarder box change colour to suit the album abit how iTunes does it. or should I leave it one colour for all albums ?
@meridius
Awesome! I really hope that all this can be realized, because it looks very good!
Just one question. If you want to stop/pause/fastforward etc will there be any button in this music view?
(2015-06-13, 09:00)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius
Awesome! I really hope that all this can be realized, because it looks very good!
Just one question. If you want to stop/pause/fastforward etc will there be any button in this music view?

Hi there thanks for the comments , all them options you asked are already there

The play and pause button is in the track list top right this will be also a play all album button, at the top of the image you can see a slider for track position which can be moved with your finger. and any of the tracks in the track view can be selected with you finger, so if your half way through a song you can select another track from the list and it will play it.

also if you jump to the remote view when playing a song you can control it from there to.

I am hoping once me and Richard get the top and bottom of the remote view done the rest will just fall into place as it uses a lot of the same feature in all the views apart form the centre.

just playing with it now adding some touches to the music view
can anyone tell me how many genres there is or what they are? so to try and get the icons in

also what happens if you have more than one genre on a song eg, a lot of my songs have this format Soul/R&B, so how would xbmc/kodi get that info and place it into the library ?
(2015-06-13, 09:12)meridius Wrote: can anyone tell me how many genres there is or what they are? so to try and get the icons in

also what happens if you have more than one genre on a song eg, a lot of my songs have this format Soul/R&B, so how would xbmc/kodi get that info and place it into the library ?

Its too many, at least above 50+, I don't think it will be possible to have icons for that. better two get the genres directly from kodi/xbmc since that info is already in each mp3/flac tag

On other thing that would be good to have is sort by year. An icon for that perhaps? Smile
Usually artist / album / genre and year is most commonly used. i.e if you want to listen only music from 80's...
(2015-06-13, 08:25)meridius Wrote: @Richard, Hi mate

is it possible to read cd art from kodi/xbmc ? as I was thinking of having a cd art in the music track list which could be animated can this be done can you pull the image and program it to be animated ?

Also wanting to ask if when selecting each album if you can somehow make each track list boarder box change colour to suit the album abit how iTunes does it. or should I leave it one colour for all albums ?

About what kind of cd art are we talking? I checked the api and a song has a fan art and thumbnail property.
Of course the track list border can be changed, do you have an example.

The viewing bar in the top of the screen can of course be changed. No problem.

Oh by the way: I think I am using my veto right Big Grin I agree with bsoriano about the jewel case. Personally I also don't like it. So I would suggest a switch on/off in general settings so that both parties are happy.
In the scrolling view I can compensate for this.

Looking at this view I really don't think other views are needed, everything is there! It's looking great!
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-13, 09:12)meridius Wrote: can anyone tell me how many genres there is or what they are? so to try and get the icons in

The genres are managed in Kodi, it's done the same way as movies. A movie can have more than one genre. It's set when scraping. You can change it afterwards through an api.

And as written earlier, there are a lot.
(2015-06-13, 09:21)Goliath2000 Wrote:

Its too many, at least above 50+, I don't think it will be possible to have icons for that. better two get the genres directly from kodi/xbmc since that info is already in each mp3/flac tag

On other thing that would be good to have is sort by year. An icon for that perhaps? Smile
Usually artist / album / genre and year is most commonly used. i.e if you want to listen only music from 80's...

bugger not doing all that, might have to be text.

year added
(2015-06-13, 09:29)rschiks Wrote: Oh by the way: I think I am using my veto right Big Grin I agree with bsoriano about the jewel case. Personally I also don't like it. So I would suggest a switch on/off in general settings so that both parties are happy.
Thanks, having an option to switch on/off is good enough Smile because both view are beautiful
(2015-06-13, 09:29)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 08:25)meridius Wrote: @Richard, Hi mate

About what kind of cd art are we talking? I checked the api and a song has a fan art and thumbnail property.
Of course the track list border can be changed, do you have an example.

The viewing bar in the top of the screen can of course be changed. No problem.

Oh by the way: I think I am using my veto right Big Grin I agree with bsoriano about the jewel case. Personally I also don't like it. So I would suggest a switch on/off in general settings so that both parties are happy.
In the scrolling view I can compensate for this.

Looking at this view I really don't think other views are needed, everything is there! It's looking great!

this is what I mean by cd art it get the cd art from fanat website. can it be pulled form xbmc/kodi if the user has fanart and can it be animated so its pins when playing music ?

removed image as one feature can not be supported at this time

as for the list boarder if you have I tunes and music in there select each album you see the boarder box changes with the album type, it must get the colours from the artwork and somehow colours the board box if you know what I mean

added play button next to song to indicate what song is been played
added year.

cd art busy in discussion what you think needs or without

the genre is in the top info box just going to leave at is as it can be pulled form kodi/xbmc
I have checked the api, fanart and thumbnail are the two only properties (concerning art) returned from Kodi, so no cd art or anything like that. It then has to be pulled down from fanart.tv.
When changing the scraper for albums in Kodi, no option becomes available for other types of art.
ok thanks for checking shame maybe in the future kodi might support it as I think its a plugin that gets the cd art as its not supported as standard

removed the image to just in case others think its supported
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8