Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds
(2015-06-07, 11:44)Koying Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 02:28)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 14:28)Koying Wrote: I have a POC for Kodi "recommendations", so it's technically working, although a bit awkward as those are only refreshed when Kodi is actually running (but they stick even if Kodi is closed).
The big question is: What to put there, considering we can have like 3 entries per app?

Personally, if possible I would say Favorites, that way someone could chose what appears instead of it being more random.

Half-a-dozen opinions, basically all different.
You see the issue Wink

I'll probably make it smart playlist based, overridable via advanced settings.

Yeah, I see were that could be an issue.

Smart playlist would be fine too, as long as the user could set what would be displayed.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Has anyone been able to get Live TV to work for Kodi on the Shield TV? I attempted to activate it but it keeps telling me its unable to locate the Add-On when I clearly enabled it already. I was attempting to use the WMC Client Add-On.

- Shield TV 16gb
- Ceton 6 Tuner on Windows 8.1 PC

Thanks,
Is it only me or that last apk only shows a package parse error when trying to install?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
(2015-06-11, 10:48)pedromvu Wrote: Is it only me or that last apk only shows a package parse error when trying to install?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

only you likely.
make sure you download it correctly.
also install last build from
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-11, 10:53)Martijn Wrote: only you likely.

That one works fine, is only the Shield specific version that i am having trouble with, will check downloading again later.
(2015-06-11, 17:41)pedromvu Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 10:53)Martijn Wrote: only you likely.

That one works fine, is only the Shield specific version that i am having trouble with, will check downloading again later.

Please report the difference and Debug Log.
updated OP with a new build
hi, i just got my Nvidia Shield and installed the latest build 6/11 but seem like the framer switch doesn't work? FYI i connected directly to my 4k tv at 60p. also does anybody know why the over picture seem really bad comparing to the open hour play 1080p content.
(2015-06-13, 05:51)tml2k2 Wrote: hi, i just got my Nvidia Shield and installed the latest build 6/11 but seem like the framer switch doesn't work? FYI i connected directly to my 4k tv at 60p. also does anybody know why the over picture seem really bad comparing to the open hour play 1080p content.

Today i was finally able to get refresh rate switching to work, it appears to be related to the order in which the connected devices are turned on, it's not conclusive but in my case it appears the Shield TV needs to be turned after my receiver and projector, at first it wasn't working and it worked after i selected restart on the shield, also for some reason the first time it switches, it ends up staying at 60hz, but every other time it worked.

I don't know what everyone is talking about 23.976hz, it looked pretty smooth once i got the 24p, didn't notice any stuttering or audio sync issue, it even worked with a few 25fps files i have, it switched the display to 50hz.

It would be great to have a global switcher to be able to check Netflix or Hulu, it seems most commercial streaming apps don't care for the proper framerate.

Anyway for me once it works it is awesome, thank you very much for this feature.
One thing i wasn't able to do though is play video files encoded with HEVC, i just get audio, let me know if they are supposed to work to see if i can get a log.
(2015-06-13, 11:33)pedromvu Wrote: One thing i wasn't able to do though is play video files encoded with HEVC, i just get audio, let me know if they are supposed to work to see if i can get a log.

try playing it on windows/linux/apple first in Kodi.
if they work there then get a Debug Log or sample
i have a problem with shield and usb hdd.
its look like kodi cant write on usb hdd.. i cant delete or rename folder from kodi, cant save subtitles.
i can rename and delete file from internal storage. and i can rename and delete files from es file explorer.
New build in first post
Hi!
@ Koying
When I update stalker client pvr add-on v8.0 its not working but ur built in v7.1 is working. Can u pls update it in ur KODI build pls.
Thanks
(2015-06-13, 17:33)shuvro Wrote: Hi!
@ Koying
When I update stalker client pvr add-on v8.0 its not working but ur built in v7.1 is working. Can u pls update it in ur KODI build pls.
Thanks

that has nothing to do with this build. This is about shield specifics and not about pvr addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds1