• 14(current)
Dolby atmos
No, he won't. He is rather blaming team kodi to not do his two liner that HE is in need of, cause in reality he only thinks of his system, his audio experience ... it does not matter a single bit for him, if contributing to an oss software might be useful for others, others don't exist in his world. Demanding, demanding, blaming, demanding ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-19, 08:20)nickr Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 06:06)C.Taylor Wrote: Thanks, but I've already added it to my own system long ago. I'm not a Kodi dev member who could have done it likely faster and easier than a complete noob who knew nothing. Obviously adding it isn't something the Kodi team cares about. They'd rather post on the internet about not wanting to do it.

Cheers!
Well then submit a PR.

As what I did is exactly what you described I'm sure one of the smarter-than-I devs could have it put into the next nightly in a few minutes. I have no time to figure out how it's built into anything in the actual system. As I said, better to spend time posting about it online than adding it into the default code.
Hehe - it seems team kodi devs learned from you and now do exactly the same. Posting about it, fixing it locally, rather than doing something to get it solved ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-19, 08:28)fritsch Wrote: No, he won't. He is rather blaming team kodi to not do his two liner that HE is in need of, cause in reality he only thinks of his system, his audio experience ... it does not matter a single bit for him, if contributing to an oss software might be useful for others, others don't exist in his world. Demanding, demanding, blaming, demanding ...

LOL OK.

My system shows Atmos logos and has for months. I got it to work for me in my set-up. It doesn't work for Joe Blow when they install Kodi by default. Too bad for them since I'm so selfish and greedy and only care about myself that I want the devs to do add something into the default Kodi system that I don't need for myself.

You guys sure are a grouchy bunch. Off to watch some Atmos movies with Atmos flags now. Sorry to all those who'd like to enjoy the same but the dev team feel I'm too demanding of them for myself.

Cheers!
(2015-06-19, 08:29)fritsch Wrote: Hehe - it seems team kodi devs learned from you and now do exactly the same. Posting about it, fixing it locally, rather than doing something to get it solved ...

FYI, I've already did something publicly to help others out.

(2015-02-04, 05:28)C.Taylor Wrote: For those who'd like to add Atmos logos to your skin you need to use "atmos" in your file and path naming convention, then add the following code in the following places.

Variables.xml

Atmos logo on menu screens.

Code:
    <variable name="AudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">atmoslogo</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]\</value>
    </variable>

Atmos logo on Video Player OSD

Code:
    <variable name="SourceAudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">atmoslogo.png</value>
        <value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</value>
    </variable>

Plus in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml you must replace this line

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>

with this line.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">flags/audio/$VAR[SourceAudioFlagVar]</texture>

And you need to have an Atmos logo flag in your skin/medi/flags/audio folder, in this case named atmoslogo.png.

Here are 3 versions of an Atmos logo.

My question still stands. Are the devs going to build this support into Kodi itself so everyone can flag their Atmos movies as they can flag Blu-ray and DVD or just continue to put down those who ask about it on the internet?
No we are not going to add some hacks by using substrings based on file name. The support will only come when ffmpeg will support the audio flagging.
Good that you are happy with it. We rather wait till it's properly done.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i would like it too :p
Yes, even for dts:X and auro..
I got no coding skills , so i'll just wait
Let's do it that way. If the "self fixer" posts his code I will take it and PR it - is that a deal?
Edit: Just have seen the post, it's gui / xml only I will ask a user that has contributed a lot to that in the last time, thx.
(2015-06-19, 09:43)fritsch Wrote: Let's do it that way. If the "self fixer" posts his code I will take it and PR it - is that a deal?

i think the posted code is the "fix" that was referred to.
it's just adding "atmos" in the file name and the skin reads it from filename
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn: Jep I have seen that. The "real" fix is somewhat more complicated and lowlevel code ... we need to detect the format, which is for now not possible without parsing changes.
Funny, recently I was looking at atmos streams as they are ID as TRUEHD but in preparation for proper ID I done https://github.com/uNiversaI/revamped.th.../atmos.png I also have Dolby Digital Surround EX (or whatever its called).

But yes seems the proper ID comes somewhere from ffmpeg or Kodi.
(2015-06-19, 08:46)Martijn Wrote: No we are not going to add some hacks by using substrings based on file name. The support will only come when ffmpeg will support the audio flagging.
Good that you are happy with it. We rather wait till it's properly done.

Hacks like Blu-ray and DVD tags?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Media_flags#Media_source

And wait till it can be done properly like 3D?

http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags

Gotcha.

Thanks for the answers. Mine works great. But again I'm just selfish and demanding and care only for my system. Apologies to all those who want but don't know how to get Atmos tags as I figured out.
I don't really care about this discussion because I firmly believe ATMOS is bullshit meant to sell you new speakers, but those two examples don't support your argument.

Bluray and DVD tags are supposed to be source tags, not resolution tags. In other words, it's a way to say what you ripped the content from. This is also why there is a VHS, HDDVD, and TV tag along with Bluray and DVD. Kodi already has separate tags for resolution.

3D only pulls data from the file name if it cannot pull this from the stream info. That's clearly outlined on the wiki page about 3D, and file names are only used if the first two methods can't be used.
Quote:3D only pulls data from the file name if it cannot pull this from the stream info. That's clearly outlined on the wiki page about 3D, and file names are only used if the first two methods can't be used.

To be honest, this would also be the case here. Though I really dislike that method, as in ffmpeg the extension is already skipped - so at least we could easily know if there is "TrueHD+" e.g. TrueHD + extension.
(2015-06-19, 10:45)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't really care about this discussion because I firmly believe ATMOS is bullshit meant to sell you new speakers, but those two examples don't support your argument.

Your negative opinion on Atmos doesn't make my argument any less relevant.

(2015-06-19, 10:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Bluray and DVD tags are supposed to be source tags, not resolution tags. In other words, it's a way to say what you ripped the content from. This is also why there is a VHS, HDDVD, and TV tag along with Bluray and DVD. Kodi already has separate tags for resolution.

Who claimed Blu-ray and DVD tags are to be used for resolution? Not I. They are tags that use naming convention to indicate something that can't be pulled from the stream. And Atmos is an audio source anyways.

(2015-06-19, 10:45)Ned Scott Wrote: 3D only pulls data from the file name if it cannot pull this from the stream info. That's clearly outlined on the wiki page about 3D, and file names are only used if the first two methods can't be used.

So 3D tags are pulled from the stream of a MVC MKV or Blu-ray ISO? Oh wait.

And 3D is just as much "bullshit", as you put it, to sell people new TV's with expensive active glasses, yet the dev team felt inclined to show flagging support for it.

Bottom line is the devs don't care. And they sure are a touchy bunch when asked if they are going to help out those who enjoy using Kodi but don't have the knowledge or time to figure it out themselves. They'd just rather blame someone for asking and hurl around baseless insults with impunity.

Good chat!!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3