• 49(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Lol that's it I am retired I can not beat Richards photoshop skills I am packing my bags.
The more I look at it the more I like both been solid. I think with the blur fan art and the solid boxes makes it stand out more.

I think with a lighter blur effect on the fanart it should bring it out more.
(2015-06-19, 17:28)meridius Wrote: lol which solid version theres two, I do like the solid info box but not to sure which I like between the solid or transparent subtitle & audio track menu box

here's the layout back with a littlie tweak, is this better Richard ?

I like them all solid!

Regards,

Bart
Hi all,

I found a Hugh problem in my design I forgot about the button when you want to leave the remote and thought long and hard about how I could do this without damaging the design.

I decided to use a two function on one button system, as you can see from the image on the far left bottom there's a new button called select/menu. When you tap it once the bottom bar switches between the remote button functions menu bar and the main menu bar functions this way you don't need a back button. If you touch and hold the button will display the menu settings and other important things very similar to Richards menu button now.

here is what I mean,

this is the remote view with remote buttons now

Now lets say you want to go to other views you would have to use a back button, not any more just hit the select/menu button once and this happens.

and vice versa. if your in a any other view apart from the remote view on the ipad it will be disabled as its not needed for other views as the menu bar in image 2 will be displayed all the time anyway its only for the remote view as there are different buttons for that view.

you hold the select/menu down you get a menu that pops up the same design as the audio track menu (not done yet)

what you think ?

I also moved the commands button over and renamed it to functions and changed the icon, it will be designed to work with audio track, subtitles, functions and power menu design. and is all solid now

I have started to give Richard my designs and he has some of the layouts now, it will take some time but he now has some of the info needed to start
Hi all, Richard sent you some emails to don't know if its still going to junk

here's the search menu

Hi there,
first of all thanks for Version 1.5 looks very nice and its working, no issues found so far.

i still have an open issue with actors:
1) select a movie and go to detail information, tap on an actor
2) all movies that you display here are taken from the internet and not related to whats in the local DB store
within Kodi you get the list of movies/shows that you have in the local DB, so does XBMC Touch as well
Is this still something on your todo list or was that missed?

i also like to mention performance:
even if the performance increase with the local db cache its still not "snappy" :-)
maybe its based on the amount of movies, but i compare it with XBMC Touch on the same tablet:
display movie view: XBMC Touch 1 Sec, KCC 8 - 9 Sec (same result on switching between shows & movies)
search within kodi DB: "vampire", result displayed in 4 minutes, ( XBMC Touch 5 sec, but not comaprable, because it searches for titles only)

Get me right i am saying that there might be room for improvement for performance and just like to give you some feedback on a bigger Kodi DB.
Best Regards & thanks for this great work.
(2015-06-20, 11:24)Linusorg Wrote: Hi there,
first of all thanks for Version 1.5 looks very nice and its working, no issues found so far.

i still have an open issue with actors:
1) select a movie and go to detail information, tap on an actor
2) all movies that you display here are taken from the internet and not related to whats in the local DB store
within Kodi you get the list of movies/shows that you have in the local DB, so does XBMC Touch as well
Is this still something on your todo list or was that missed?

i also like to mention performance:
even if the performance increase with the local db cache its still not "snappy" :-)
maybe its based on the amount of movies, but i compare it with XBMC Touch on the same tablet:
display movie view: XBMC Touch 1 Sec, KCC 8 - 9 Sec (same result on switching between shows & movies)
search within kodi DB: "vampire", result displayed in 4 minutes, ( XBMC Touch 5 sec, but not comaprable, because it searches for titles only)

Get me right i am saying that there might be room for improvement for performance and just like to give you some feedback on a bigger Kodi DB.
Best Regards & thanks for this great work.

For point 1& 2: Are you talking about the normal search or the new search in Kodi option?
Because the search in Kodi option is searching in Kodi, not on the internet.

When searching in Kodi, you could check which items you want to check. The results are cached, so the next time it will be faster (without leaving the app).
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi Richard,
i am talking about the search in kodi during my performance statement, but not for the actor thing 1) & 2) (this is not a search, its tapping within the movie detail on the actor and expect that you see only movies from this actor that is in the local Kodi installation)
my statement on the actor is targeting that i would like to get a similar expirience when i select an actor within the movie detail window like i have in kodi.
selecting an actor in kodi will display only the movie that you have in the local db, selecting a movie from the list will bring you straight to the movie detail window of this movie and so on.

Even if searches are cached (which is fine), its at least from my point maybe a good place to optimize, because you will have a lot of different searches and if everything takes this amount of time, .... not very handy.

Same i asume for the performance 8 sec is quite a long response time for switching between movies & shows (without leaving the app

Just my 2 cents
(2015-06-20, 12:27)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Richard,
i am talking about the search in kodi during my performance statement, but not for the actor thing 1) & 2) (this is not a search, its tapping within the movie detail on the actor and expect that you see only movies from this actor that is in the local Kodi installation)
my statement on the actor is targeting that i would like to get a similar expirience when i select an actor within the movie detail window like i have in kodi.
selecting an actor in kodi will display only the movie that you have in the local db, selecting a movie from the list will bring you straight to the movie detail window of this movie and so on.

Even if searches are cached (which is fine), its at least from my point maybe a good place to optimize, because you will have a lot of different searches and if everything takes this amount of time, .... not very handy.

Same i asume for the performance 8 sec is quite a long response time for switching between movies & shows (without leaving the app

Just my 2 cents

Ah, ok...

The actors returned via the api don't have an unique identifier, just a name, role and thumbnail. This why in the first place I am getting the info for a movie from the internet. I then have a unique id for an actor. Of course in the database from Kodi the actor itself has a database id and can search for that. I don't have access to that. I am depending on what I get back from the api. That's why I don't like to work with only the info from the kodi db (but I guess you already figured that out :-)).

The search in Kodi searches for the name of the actor and not the id. If you have two actors called the same I can't distinguish them. Only a unique id can.

And may I ask on which iPad generation you are doing the search queries and the amount of movies/series.
You can send me a pm about that. I have then a little bit of a reference.
As requested I have added a grid view to the Add-ons option:

A reminder....36 hours left...

(2015-06-19, 17:33)rschiks Wrote: Good news!!!

Almost 20,000 downloads since the release!!!

To celebrate, this weekend only, you can get 25% off the Pro version!!!
I have used my best photoshop skills to make a screen shot of this :-)

Hi mate one other thing I noticed is that when you play tv shows back, the remote is half empty. I would use the season poster for what ever season your playing to fill in the empty poster box, and I would also use the fanart of that show in the blurred background. I do like the thumb it uses of the episode it is playing in the fanart box.

Ill do a littile design for your view and post it here
Hi mate so when playing a tv show it looks like this, if possible, takes the poster from seasons images

(2015-06-21, 08:02)meridius Wrote: Hi mate one other thing I noticed is that when you play tv shows back, the remote is half empty. I would use the season poster for what ever season your playing to fill in the empty poster box, and I would also use the fanart of that show in the blurred background. I do like the thumb it uses of the episode it is playing in the fanart box.

Ill do a littile design for your view and post it here

The season art is not returned by Kodi (for now playing info). The poster box is filled with the poster of the series (atleast I see it).
It also depends how you started an episode. There's the normal database way, so series and click on a episode, and the files way, just browse via files to a file. The latter gives even less info, because Kodi simply has no info. It had not scanned it to the database,
can you not use the fanart instead of season art ? when I use the remote to select my tv show library (Not Files) theres no poster art. I never use files all my tv shows and movies are in a library database
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8