• 128(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Yes it does indeed. I now have 10 Items showing in my Subscriptions too. It's a small thing, but very useful and much appreciated Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Rainbow 
please add in to first post, when is problem to login youtube:

1) https://security.google.com/settings/sec...ermissions and remove your device from list
2) remove plugin cache from: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

for me it works Smile
Hey bromix, my YouTube autoupdated today (frodo) to 5.1.6 and now i cant play videos on 480p. They áre played in 360 instead.
720p works as expected.

Tried to go back to 5.1.3 but the issue is still there. Can you point me in the code where can i add some prints to check the returned video streams? If i choose select quality, 480 stream is not there neither 1080. But the video has those streams at YouTube web.
(2015-06-19, 08:47)maur Wrote: Hey bromix, my YouTube autoupdated today (frodo) to 5.1.6 and now i cant play videos on 480p. They áre played in 360 instead.
720p works as expected.

Tried to go back to 5.1.3 but the issue is still there. Can you point me in the code where can i add some prints to check the returned video streams? If i choose select quality, 480 stream is not there neither 1080. But the video has those streams at YouTube web.

Enable 'Always ask video quality' in the addon settings to see which qualities are available.

The addon can't play all streams which are available on the web.
I did and 480p was not available. But is there any way in previous versions it was for the same videos? or I'm getting crazy.
(2015-06-19, 16:14)maur Wrote: I did and 480p was not available. But is there any way in previous versions it was for the same videos? or I'm getting crazy.

Please give me id of the video and I take a look, but I think that's how it is.
This is the video id https://youtu.be/10r9ozshGVE

Thxs!
(2015-06-19, 17:01)maur Wrote: This is the video id https://youtu.be/10r9ozshGVE

Thxs!

Jo, the 480p is DASH and not supported...that's why you only see 720p and 360p.
(2015-06-12, 01:07)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 00:25)schudel Wrote: I got a crash when skipping to another timestamp (for example, using the slider in Yatze remote control) playing a video with the youtube plugin (I'm on kodi / osmc / youtube plugin 5.x.x).

When I start a youtube video, everything plays fine. When I skip forward (through Yatze for example) it goes right one time. Skipping again, to another timestamp again: kodi freezes.

Anyone encountered this before?

Also, pressing "stop" after skipping the first time takes ages to return to the main menu, sometimes freezing Kodi.
Debug log (wiki) please after you tried skipping. Also do you have the same problem while skipping directly in KODI (without Yatse)

debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/y8jvBj9J
Skipping and freeze happens at about 20:40:34.

Seems only to happen in Youtube plugin (uitzending gemist and offline skipping works fine).
I have version 5.1.6.

Turning on debug shows another interesting thing in the debug info on screen:
After the second skip forward, CPU usage goes to 100% and memory starts to leak / drain. After about 30 seconds, it runs out and kodi restarts itself.
This is all on a Raspberry Pi 1.

I also tried uninstalling the youtube plugin, deleting the user data, and reinstalling it. After walking through the setup wizard, the problem appears again after the second skip forward in the first video I open.
hardware: Raspberry Pi 2
environment: Ubuntu 15.04 image by Mequa https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...6&t=113438
Kodi 14.2
YouTube 5.1.6

YouTube 5.1.6 videos playback with a transparent appearance over the Kodi UI. What I am trying to describe is that in the area of the Youbtube video, I see both a washed out video and the Kodi window.

Ran this configuration for the first time today. Have some sysadmin experience from another lifetime but this is the first time I have touched a Raspberry Pi 2.

Pointers to other troubleshooting resources appreciated. Thank you.
(2015-06-15, 01:44)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:14)findftp Wrote: Today I reinstalled Kodi through kodibuntu instead of installing it on top of ubuntu 4.10

However, when signing into my youtube channel with the youtube add-on, I am signed in into my default youtube channel.

I have two channels, one old channel which I use for everything. And one newer channel which was created by google to connect to google+ and stuff like that.

When I log-in into my youtube account, you have to go to youtube.com/activate to fill in a code, twice.
When redirected to that page I see two channels I can choose from.
But when I choose the old channel, and fill in the codes, Kodi shows me the result of the newer youtube channel.

It feels like youtube API is returning the wrong information when entering the codes, but I'm not sure.
I thought I ask here first.

edit: also tried with the 5.1.6 and log added
http://pastebin.com/yc0NR5MP
Keep your accounts in order. Your old YouTube channel/account must be connected to G+ too. That's how APIv3 works today.

Wow, I missed your lightning fast reply...
You are right about the G+! Now it works. Many many thanks!!!

By the way, I see you accept donations, but do you accept bitcoin as well? Options suggested only do dollars.
(2015-06-21, 01:37)atlr Wrote: hardware: Raspberry Pi 2

Sigh. Never mind. I turned it (the Pi) off and on again and Kodi+Youtube is working as expected. Thanks to the IT Crowd.
I'm getting a quota exceeded error when trying to do anything today.
Are we still having the limit where everyone is using the same API-key? Or is this something that only effects me?
Tried logging out and in again but it didn't help.

Let me know if this is something everyone is experiencing right now, or if I need to provide a debug-logg.
(2015-06-21, 08:12)tofen Wrote: I'm getting a quota exceeded error when trying to do anything today.
Are we still having the limit where everyone is using the same API-key? Or is this something that only effects me?

Let me know if this is something everyone is experiencing right now, or if I need to provide a debug-logg.

Ditto. (BTW tofen, look back to page 90)

Freaked me out at first, Google brought me here and now I understand the issue. So, what can be done?
(2015-06-21, 08:22)Smegger Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 08:12)tofen Wrote: I'm getting a quota exceeded error when trying to do anything today.

Ditto. (BTW tofen, look back to page 90)

Freaked me out at first, Google brought me here and now I understand the issue. So, what can be done?

Great! Then we know it's really a API-key problem and not a user specific issue.
I already read back around page 90. I just didn't manage to find an answer for if there has been any changes to how the plug-in uses API-keys since then or of it's still the same problem. There was a key-hijack I while back to, so I know the key was changed at one point.
I guess we just have to wait for bromix to change the key in the plug-in and try to find out why we exceeded the quota.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20