• 15(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
It says script failed when i select yes.
(2015-06-16, 17:22)NeelP Wrote: It says script failed when i select yes.

can you post a debug log?
I am using Isengard Beta 1. I have found this addon is now removing the commas in the number of votes. For example, (100,000) has become (100000).

Is there any way to reverse or correct this behavior?
The number is still correct. There are tons of locale settings, have you checked those?
Hi Jandalf,

I've been using your add-on, and I have to say it's pretty brilliant! Big Grin

Anyway, there's one very minor thing I've noticed, and it's in the csv file that is generated after each run (the one that shows which entries of the Top250 you don't have). All of the columns are seperated by ; instead of commas, is there a specific reason for this? Tongue I highly doubt it matters, just my OCD having a go!

Keep up the good work! Smile

Cheers,

corrigami
(2015-06-23, 01:32)Warner306 Wrote: I am using Isengard Beta 1. I have found this addon is now removing the commas in the number of votes. For example, (100,000) has become (100000).

like HeresJohnny said: it seems to be a language setting, this add-on used always plain numbers. kodi will format the number based on your language settings...

(2015-06-23, 22:49)corrigami Wrote: Hi Jandalf,

I've been using your add-on, and I have to say it's pretty brilliant! Big Grin

Anyway, there's one very minor thing I've noticed, and it's in the csv file that is generated after each run (the one that shows which entries of the Top250 you don't have). All of the columns are seperated by ; instead of commas, is there a specific reason for this? Tongue

Keep up the good work! Smile

Cheers,

corrigami
Thanks was hard work Wink
yeah the reason is, that the movie names could contain commas which would result in a new column. ; seems pretty safe to use with movie names.
which program do you use to open the file? OpenOffice/LibreOffice will ask you for the seperator. If you use Microsoft Office you may need to change the seperator in the regional settings of your operating system...
(2015-06-23, 23:00)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 01:32)Warner306 Wrote: I am using Isengard Beta 1. I have found this addon is now removing the commas in the number of votes. For example, (100,000) has become (100000).

like HeresJohnny said: it seems to be a language setting, this add-on used always plain numbers. kodi will format the number based on your language settings...

The numbers are arabic numerals, so I don't know why language settings would apply?
It's not language settings, it's regional settings.
(2015-06-24, 05:17)Warner306 Wrote: The numbers are arabic numerals, so I don't know why language settings would apply?

the regional settings (under the language settings) the format of time, date, numbers etc. is set. so in germany a number would be 100.000 and in USA 100,000.
(2015-06-23, 23:00)Jandalf Wrote: Thanks was hard work Wink
yeah the reason is, that the movie names could contain commas which would result in a new column. ; seems pretty safe to use with movie names.
which program do you use to open the file? OpenOffice/LibreOffice will ask you for the seperator. If you use Microsoft Office you may need to change the seperator in the regional settings of your operating system...

That does seem sensible :p was just curious, as I opened it with MacVim and had no major drama Smile just seemed funny to me having a comma seperated value file seperated by colons Wink
(2015-06-24, 20:12)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 05:17)Warner306 Wrote: The numbers are arabic numerals, so I don't know why language settings would apply?

the regional settings (under the language settings) the format of time, date, numbers etc. is set. so in germany a number would be 100.000 and in USA 100,000.

I am still struggling to have commas in the number of votes. My language settings are as follows:

Language: English (US)
Characters: Arabic (ISO)

Can someone recommend settings for an English speaker that are compatible with this addon? The commas have disappeared since the upgrade to Isengard.
(2015-06-28, 23:50)Warner306 Wrote: I am still struggling to have commas in the number of votes. My language settings are as follows:

Can someone recommend settings for an English speaker that are compatible with this addon? The commas have disappeared since the upgrade to Isengard.

sorry, I've just looked into it. for some reason the vote counts are stored in the kodi database with a comma no matter what regional settings are set. that has nothing to do with my addon but with kodi storing this value. mayb this behavior has changed with the isengard update (still on helix, so a can't test this). so if I'm correct you need to ask in the kodi forum why the numbers don't get formatted the right why.
I have a query.... Many times after updating my IMDb ratings I end up with multiple titles having the same top 250 number. I can understand if one movie is scraped at #122 then later another movie is scraped and now it is #122 but shouldn't running this add-on fix these anomalies?
(2015-06-30, 04:18)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have a query.... Many times after updating my IMDb ratings I end up with multiple titles having the same top 250 number. I can understand if one movie is scraped at #122 then later another movie is scraped and now it is #122 but shouldn't running this add-on fix these anomalies?

It fixes them for me.
(2015-06-29, 20:30)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 23:50)Warner306 Wrote: I am still struggling to have commas in the number of votes. My language settings are as follows:

sorry, I've just looked into it. for some reason the vote counts are stored in the kodi database with a comma no matter what regional settings are set. that has nothing to do with my addon but with kodi storing this value. mayb this behavior has changed with the isengard update (still on helix, so a can't test this). so if I'm correct you need to ask in the kodi forum why the numbers don't get formatted the right why.

Please read this thread for further information on the loss of commas with Isengard: 230842 (thread).
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6