Remote access for Raspberry-Pi
Hi There

Is there any remote access application to control raspberry-Pi kodi from a pc

I would like to provide support for people who I give boxes to

cheers
Teamviewer to the PC of your friend and SSH to the PI from there? Should be the easiest way, as direct SSH access will require port forwarding etc.

edit: or what exactly do you want to see on your end? The UI or only the Linux console?
Web interface? Would require port forwarding. Not sure about the security, however.
To borrow this thread a little...
If what was wanted was the whole UI, but just from the same local network, then what could be done?

Web interface (default or Chorus add-on) does not display the full UI. It can control movement around the menus etc. but you need to have sight of the TV screen. Is there a way to mirror the TV screen display on a remote device?
Not for Kodi on the Raspberry Pi. VNC and other similar setups won't capture the Kodi GUI because of how it's rendered.
(2015-06-25, 22:23)Ned Scott Wrote: Not for Kodi on the Raspberry Pi. VNC and other similar setups won't capture the Kodi GUI because of how it's rendered.

While it isn't possible with standard VNC (which reads the console/X framebuffer) there is a "Dispmanx VNC server" which can see the OpenGL GUI and Video layers.
Not tried it, but I spotted this was in the OpenELEC unofficial repository.

I wouldn't recommend it though. 1080p GUI with animations doesn't fit well down a VNC link (especially if you want to give remote support over internet). But might be worth a try.
We will be adding this to OSMC as well soon. There seem to have been some improvements to dispmanx_vnc lately.

S
(2015-06-26, 00:22)popcornmix Wrote: While it isn't possible with standard VNC (which reads the console/X framebuffer) there is a "Dispmanx VNC server" which can see the OpenGL GUI and Video layers.
Not tried it, but I spotted this was in the OpenELEC unofficial repository.

I wouldn't recommend it though. 1080p GUI with animations doesn't fit well down a VNC link (especially if you want to give remote support over internet). But might be worth a try.

Nice! I'll have to check that out.
Hi. I have fixed VNC for rpi2. I run it manually since i need it only to help people with gui. I am using latest Jarvis builds from Milhouse and Popcornmix.

How to fix it:
1. Download VNC addon.
2. Into folder /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.dispmanx_vnc/ copy the content of this .gz http://bite-in.com/debug/VPN_Fix.tgz and extract it.
3. Run it with: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.dispmanx_vnc/vnc.sh

It will run in foreground so feel free to mod it as you wish.
Old thread but still a relevant question. In googling, I found: http://www.linux-projects.org/

Anyone play with it?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
I recently noticed that Teamviewer is now available for RPi. I don't know anything about it except that there is a download link on their site.
Not sure how teamviewer works.... does it requiest X like vnc? Key here is accessing the feed from the Pi frame buffer as I understand it.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote access for Raspberry-Pi0