• 53(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-06-29, 04:59)brendo87 Wrote: Any ideas on why my DTS or AC3 passthough is not working??
I have an emotiva UMC-200 which can handle most formats.

Netflix DD+ passthrough works correctly, however Kodi 15.2 with passthrough enabled, and AC3 + DTS compatible reciever checked.

Once a media file is opened, a Digital Static sound is heard. I have confirmed the file and HDMI port works perfectly on another player.

Basically it sounds like your having the same issue I stated here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2037260

Kodi on Android doesn't like certain AVRs (that probably goes for pre-amps too). Mine does the same thing, but can be worked around by switching the decode mode on the AVR, but that's only a fix until I restart Kodi or the frame rate switches.

The only other work around is to turn off pass-through and let Kodi do the decoding and output multi-channel PCM.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-06-29, 09:30)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 04:59)brendo87 Wrote: Any ideas on why my DTS or AC3 passthough is not working??

Netflix DD+ passthrough works correctly, however Kodi 15.2 with passthrough enabled, and AC3 + DTS compatible reciever checked.

Once a media file is opened, a Digital Static sound is heard. I have confirmed the file and HDMI port works perfectly on another player.

Kodi on Android doesn't like certain AVRs (that probably goes for pre-amps too). Mine does the same thing, but can be worked around by switching the decode mode on the AVR, but that's only a fix until I restart Kodi or the frame rate switches.

The only other work around is to turn off pass-through and let Kodi do the decoding and output multi-channel PCM.

I also have this same problem, I get nothing but static when I enable Dolby digital pass-thru. What decode mode did you switch your reciever to? The only way I can also get surround is to let Kodi convert to 5.1 PCM in software.
Has anyone gotten Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN up and running on the Nvidia Shield? I hear it is not available in the Android TV version of the Play Store. I assume the .apk can be loaded but was wondering if anyone was able to do that yet prior to making a purchasing decision. Thanks.
Posting this here as it may be of some use for people.

Here are the pronto hex codes learned from a harmony that the built-in IR receiver will understand.

Note that many of these don't actually work, (and even fewer after the 1.2 update... That or Harmony removed them from their online DB as they didn't do anything) (see: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...2/#4578412). They may perhaps work in the future.

Credit where credit is due, I don't own a harmony remote, I got these from a user on the JP1 forums who was kind enough to learn them from a harmony and generate a Remote Master file for JP1 remotes. (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16143). I simply translated them from the Remote Master file to Pronto Hex. This worked for my URC remote (as I can input Pronto Hex for functions via CCP as it isn't in their DB yet).

Edit - code at pastebin. sorry for the wall of text.

http://pastebin.com/T1m8K61v
Seriously, remove that from the forum and use some pastebin.com
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Or use the code tag
(2015-06-29, 09:30)Tinwarble Wrote:

Do we know which receivers don't play well with Android Kodi? I'm running Shield TV through an Onkyo TXNR-616 (2012 model). DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?

(2015-06-29, 09:50)Gustovier Wrote: I also have this same problem, I get nothing but static when I enable Dolby digital pass-thru. What decode mode did you switch your reciever to? The only way I can also get surround is to let Kodi convert to 5.1 PCM in software.
Koying mentioned that the static noise problem occurs when volume mode is set to variable output in SATV settings. Change it to fixed output and see.
(2015-06-30, 04:18)futrader Wrote: DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?
What do you have "audio output configuration" and "keep audio device alive" set to?
(2015-06-30, 05:38)wesk05 Wrote: Koying mentioned that the static noise problem occurs when volume mode is set to variable output in SATV settings. Change it to fixed output and see.

Fixed doesn't allow for pass-through. Once you change it to fixed it doesn't even let you select pass-through in the settings.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-06-30, 05:45)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 04:18)futrader Wrote: DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?
What do you have "audio output configuration" and "keep audio device alive" set to?

"optimized" and "1 minute"
(2015-06-30, 05:45)Tinwarble Wrote: Fixed doesn't allow for pass-through. Once you change it to fixed it doesn't even let you select pass-through in the settings.

I am not referring to Kodi settings. This is the volume mode on the SHIELD.

(2015-06-17, 23:07)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-17, 23:05)TitoXx Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 20:12)Koying Wrote: For PT, be sure the device volume is at 100%.

We noticed a bug in the latest FW upgrade if you had set the volume control on the shield to "Fixed". You'll get static.
Just disable "Fixed" and re-enable it to apparently fix the problem forever
Tried it, still get static.

well that worked for me. maybe leave it at variable, turn it to 100% and retry.
Well... it looks like both fixed and variable works. I got static when it was set to "variable" (I will have to recheck whether it happens at 100% volume or not).
(2015-06-30, 06:12)futrader Wrote: "optimized" and "1 minute"
Have you tried "Best Match" and "Off"?
(2015-06-30, 06:31)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 05:45)Tinwarble Wrote: Fixed doesn't allow for pass-through. Once you change it to fixed it doesn't even let you select pass-through in the settings.

I am not referring to Kodi settings. This is the volume mode on the SHIELD.

Sorry, misunderstood what you meant. But that's not the issue, at least not on my end, especially since it's the same on every Android device I've owned, SATV, Ouya, FireTV, a MX2 box. And it's specific to just Kodi on Android.

(2015-06-30, 04:18)futrader Wrote: Do we know which receivers don't play well with Android Kodi? I'm running Shield TV through an Onkyo TXNR-616 (2012 model). DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?

No, it's a hit or miss thing. Others have reported the same or similar type of issue on other Android devices and it's not so much a specific brand (although Onkyo AVRs do appear to be affected most), as it differs between model to model. My Denon, which is an 3yr model is affected, but those with newer models don't seem to have a issue.
(2015-06-30, 06:38)Tinwarble Wrote: Sorry, misunderstood what you meant. But that's not the issue, at least not on my end, especially since it's the same on every Android device I've owned, SATV, Ouya, FireTV, a MX2 box. And it's specific to just Kodi on Android.

Well... it seems that the static noise that I was getting after playing a video with 7.1 LPCM is also unrelated to the volume mode. It is actually related to "Keep audio device alive" setting. If I have it on "Always" or a specific time, I get static on all DTS and Dolby tracks that I play after the LPCM track. If I leave that setting to "Off", I get no static. So, this static noise problem could be due to different reasons and could be AVR specific. If it matters, I do get this static noise problem on both Onkyo TX-NR929 and TX-NR808.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9