external subs on stacked movies
Hallo there,

I've come across some phenomena I am curious about, if it can be classified as a bug:

I tried to watch a movie thats actually a stacked movie from two whole feature length ones. For both of them I'd an external srt-subtitle, which are working fine on the single movies. For the stacked one I'd combined these two srt-files into one adjusting the time-indexes accordingly.

When playing the stacked film, the first part works just fine. But when getting to the second part (the video still plays fine) the subtitle-selection is been reset and when activating the external sub again, it's not shown with the correct timeindex (that's shown on playback) but starts again from beginning. So as if the two original movie-files would not be stacked into one single film.

Furthermore, the selection of an external subtitle, get you right to the folder containig the movie-file thats playing right now. Doing this with a stacked movie I'll end up on the root path of my share and need to select each subdirectory to find the external sub again.

This happens all on the latest Isengard beta 2 release. If it's helpful, I'll test this one Helix as well.
Quote:combined these two srt-files

my guess is thats your problem. don't do that.
(2015-06-29, 23:32)helta Wrote: my guess is thats your problem. don't do that.

I want to doubt that; the resulting file meets all specification of the seperate ones; The time codes just do not end at e.g. 02:04:27,877 but continues there to 04:10:12,654 which is the total running time of both.

If needed I can provide the whole file and I'd be curious to shown any problem there.
yeah but i think in kodi's eyes, even though its a stacked file, its a "separate" video that needs its own subtitle file.
(2015-06-30, 12:17)helta Wrote: yeah but i think in kodi's eyes, even though its a stacked file, its a "separate" video that needs its own subtitle file.

Think so, too:
if you have stacked files like movie bla.part1.mkv and bla.part2.mkv, then you simply must have 2 subs named bla.part1.srt and bla.part2.srt, that's the only way Kodi will be able to find the correct subs for the separate parts.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hello there,

I'm seeing your points ... I'll test this soon ...

Thanks for hint's.
Hello folks,

I've changed the subtitle generation to fit the names mentioned here. It's working just fine. The subtitles are regogniced correctly, now.

Thanks, here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
external subs on stacked movies0