• 58(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-07-03, 19:28)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks
oh! Very beautiful! Just for my understanding will the info section on the top appear only when you click on the movie or is this view fixed?
btw, are you also going to add the same way as for musicview where the album is in a CD case jewel but in this case in a bluray case? I know that you don't like it Smile but perhaps an view option to switch between? Smile

It's fixed all the top view will be fixed untill the theme is fully finished. once it gets to that point we all can have some input and tinker with it for new and more views.
(2015-07-03, 19:39)meridius Wrote: I have but imagine the music view but with posters for the movies.

It would be cool to see how it would look like if they were inside a bluray case or dvd case.
There will be no case as there's no room and it's a poster View but remember it's a remote not a skin for kodi.

Remember the movie view is easy it's the TV show views that's the hardest to design as there are seasons and episodes.
(2015-07-03, 19:47)meridius Wrote: There will be no case as there's no room and it's a poster View but remember it's a remote not a skin for kodi.

Remember the movie view is easy it's the TV show views that's the hardest to design as there are seasons and episodes.

Poster view is great and I hope there will be more views added afterwards Smile
There will be but want to get the whole theme finished and usable and then look at extra views.
Hi.
I have been playing about the app over the last few days and I believe that custom bar at the bottom of the screen will be brilliant for navigation. Currently the bar at the top, clicking into the remote does not show the bar anymore so you have to click back before you can then navigate to other menu buttons etc.

I would like to ask a few questions and possible requests if possible.

1. Will the bar at the bottom always be visible despite what screen ir tab you are in etc? Clicking the buttons on that bar will always be available despite being in any "child objects/forms" etc?

2. You suggested you can add the option to queue files that are not in the library, would it be possible to add the ability to do this for youtube videos too?

3. Is it possible in the remote and/or bottom custom button bar, to add buttons that can call other apps by the URL scheme they may have available? Likewise, does this app have a URL scheme to call the app? (Its so I can open the AV amplifier application (and others) and then also switch back to the remote etc)

4. I have over 1300 movies listed and opening the movies view (posters) is very, very slow despite the cache optins being enabled. Even once the app and movies view has been opened, switching to series and back to movies etc still loads the page very slowly. It becomes almost unuasble due to this, is their anything I or you can do to help alliviate this issue? My previous app would take a while to load the movies page initially, but once it had been opened, it was instant when switching between "tabs" etc. closing the app and reopening would then delay in the opening the movies again on the first entry etc.

Thats it for now and I appreciate all the work going into this. Thanks!
(2015-07-03, 22:00)DrJogalog Wrote: Hi.
I have been playing about the app over the last few days and I believe that custom bar at the bottom of the screen will be brilliant for navigation. Currently the bar at the top, clicking into the remote does not show the bar anymore so you have to click back before you can then navigate to other menu buttons etc.

I would like to ask a few questions and possible requests if possible.

1. Will the bar at the bottom always be visible despite what screen ir tab you are in etc? Clicking the buttons on that bar will always be available despite being in any "child objects/forms" etc?

2. You suggested you can add the option to queue files that are not in the library, would it be possible to add the ability to do this for youtube videos too?

3. Is it possible in the remote and/or bottom custom button bar, to add buttons that can call other apps by the URL scheme they may have available? Likewise, does this app have a URL scheme to call the app? (Its so I can open the AV amplifier application (and others) and then also switch back to the remote etc)

4. I have over 1300 movies listed and opening the movies view (posters) is very, very slow despite the cache optins being enabled. Even once the app and movies view has been opened, switching to series and back to movies etc still loads the page very slowly. It becomes almost unuasble due to this, is their anything I or you can do to help alliviate this issue? My previous app would take a while to load the movies page initially, but once it had been opened, it was instant when switching between "tabs" etc. closing the app and reopening would then delay in the opening the movies again on the first entry etc.

Thats it for now and I appreciate all the work going into this. Thanks!

1. In almost every screen the bottom menu bar will be visible. For now there are a few exceptions, like the power menu and the remote control view. In the new theme the remote control view will have a bottom menu bar.

2. Sure I can do that. It could be that I am not going to do this in version 1.6, but a version after that. I was asked to release smaller updates, so they will come a bit faster. I will place it on the to do list.

3. The url scheme for this app is kodicontrolcenter://
Of course I can add url buttons. Keep in mind that this app really closes.

4. I have added an experimental keep in memory switch in version 1.6 for movies (and still have to do it for series).
It keeps the movies in memory as long as you don't leave the app. When leaving and returning to the movies view it will get the movies from memory and will apply, if applicable, filters.
The current cache switch loads it from storage, parses the output and applies filters. Purely done this for preserving memory. I still need to do dome tests, but I think it will be faster...I have only tested in a simulator and I don't have that many movies, hence the experimental switch.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Thanks for the quick and positive reply rschiks. I am grateful you are considering adding these requests. The Kodi remote is central to whole Audio/Video automation set-up I have and the ability to navigate and control various processes is really Important for me (and I am sure it benefits lots others looking for a similar integrated set-up etc).

With regard to points 3 and 4, it is advised that the application closes rather than pushed to the background. I completely understand the reasons for this (I think :-)) as I read the latter few pages of this thread, but would it possible to make that an option in the global settings? I have some other apps which give the user the option to close or keep running when pushed to the background etc (I think they are maybe forced to unload after a certain period anyway?). Relating back to automation, switching between apps that control various hardware or software etc becomes much less efficient when the apps unload and you go back to a landing screen or it has to reload/refresh when you just moved from and back to that app within a few seconds etc. (ie, to change a volume or setting on the amp etc).
Thanks again!

edit - And the experimental memory settings sound good, I'll certainly let you know I get on when released.
(2015-07-04, 00:09)DrJogalog Wrote: Thanks for the quick and positive reply rschiks. I am grateful you are considering adding these requests. The Kodi remote is central to whole Audio/Video automation set-up I have and the ability to navigate and control various processes is really Important for me (and I am sure it benefits lots others looking for a similar integrated set-up etc).

With regard to points 3 and 4, it is advised that the application closes rather than pushed to the background. I completely understand the reasons for this (I think :-)) as I read the latter few pages of this thread, but would it possible to make that an option in the global settings? I have some other apps which give the user the option to close or keep running when pushed to the background etc (I think they are maybe forced to unload after a certain period anyway?). Relating back to automation, switching between apps that control various hardware or software etc becomes much less efficient when the apps unload and you go back to a landing screen or it has to reload/refresh when you just moved from and back to that app within a few seconds etc. (ie, to change a volume or setting on the amp etc).
Thanks again!

edit - And the experimental memory settings sound good, I'll certainly let you know I get on when released.

Unfortunately the closing setting is a setting that is put on the app itself, like the icon and name under the icon for example. I can't control it during runtime.
Hi all

@Richard I changed the image for the poster view for the square version in music view.

what I did was centre the image to the poster and then placed the same image behind the image and spilt it in half so that you can see the same image at the top and bottom of the artist centre image and then darkened it and blurred it.

here is a image to show you what I mean is this possible in programming ? and what do you think and anyone.

I am going to play with a couple of other designs for that poster view to see what looks better

@meridius

I would prefer the same height as the background and for the width then the same size as the height, so it is a square. The quality of the images on fanart.tv is very high.
In my opinion this is looking a bit strange as if there's a scaling issue.
And I know the info bar is not the same anymore as the movies/series :-( the overall idea and layout still is.
I was thinking of moving it up and placing something under the image. The image I did is square I have kept it that way. In the image I uploaded

I am going to do a few designs on that and see which everyone prefers.
(2015-07-04, 11:00)meridius Wrote: I was thinking of moving it up and placing something under the image. The image I did is square I have kept it that way. In the image I uploaded

I am going to do a few designs on that and see which everyone prefers.

how about moving the year 2006 under it and perhaps you get more space for the album/artist info text also.
Don't really want to change to much of it was even thinking of getting rid of the artist poster altogether as you have the same images for fanart view anyway and putting the 4 buttons in that space. Artist. Album. Genre and year.

I am going to have a play this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Do people use artists names images ? I know there on fanart but do people use them. Might be an idea to use them under the square image poster.
@meridius, Alright then! Smile You are the designer!
btw, I had this in my mind and I forgot to mention it before to you. The star that you have followed by 4.0, I wonder if it would be better to display 5 stars (if the rating is between 0 to 5 ) and highlight 4 of 5 in this case instead of having 4.0 and this could perhaps fit under the square artist picture!? Anyway this was only an idea, just think about it. In my opinion, having visual stars is somehow easier to relate to rather than having a number.

EDIT: Or never mind! I think if its moved below the artist picture it will be confused with the album rating which I believe this stars stand for and not for the artist itself.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8