• 12(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
Lightpack runs via prismatik software on most "none fullscreen" applications. Since i run kodi not true fullscreen but fullscreen window i use both lightpack (3lightpacks) and kodi --> hue at the same time .

While HUE ambilight is pretty cool it dosnt come close to the instant speed of lightpack. When having all at the same time kodi-> hue is so much slower that it actually is worse. (not fun with 1 second lag). But for slow tvshows and lighter stuff the kodi .->hue is fun.
But for serious movies (watching interstellar) theatre mode (where hue lights turn of at start of movie) is much better. (letting lightpack do the real ambilight)

Using lightpack is pretty CPU heavy (i have a i7 920 oc to 3.5ghz) but its better and more accurate than philips own ambiTV´s.

So hue light is meh "okay" but lightpack is "revolutionary" in terms of ambilight effects. (do some youtubeing) and youll see what imean.

Having both (as i have) is pretty fun tho Smile HUE lights can also

- Blink when certain people calling
- Set a sunrise effect alarm every morning
- Turn on when i get home (geofencing)
- Some weaker ambilight effect
- Really cool that it turns off at start of movie

but lightpack is WAYYY better at real cinematic ambilight effects (it really makes the TV bigger with zero lag.
Smile (hope i explained well)
cool I'll have to look into it.
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help me on this Problem:
Running the lastet OpenElec and I get always an script error.
Trying it on my FireTV with kodi, it works.

Here is the log File from OpenElec:
07:26 T:140275596879616 NOTICE: XBMC Hue: DEBUG creating Light instances
19:07:26 T:140275596879616 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : –>Python callback/script returned the following error<–
– NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type:
Error Contents: list indices must be integers, not str
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py”, line 462, in
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File “/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py”, line 95, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File “/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py”, line 197, in update_settings
self.light[0] = Light(self.settings.light1_id, self.settings)
File “/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py”, line 102, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File “/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py”, line 118, in get_current_setting
state = j[‘state’]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str
–>End of Python script error reportPython Interpreter Initialized<–

Sorry for my bad english,
Best regards,
Christian
Hello.

I have installed this plug-in on my SPMC on openhour chamelon. Chipset rk3288
It only work if i deactivate hardware accélération.

What is the solution ?
I need hardware accélération

Tanks
I have a question I hope someone here can answer for me. I have kodi running on Amazon firestick and I just got the Phillips Hue. I installed the hue script in kodi but after it finds the bridge and the lights it gives me a script error. I don't know too much about coding so I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get this working. The only reason I bought hue is because of the kodi integration.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Auto Discover works fine now after editing the Tools.py with hue_ip

Thanks a for that nice addon!

One Question: Is it planned to Support the HUE System for Music (like waveforhue) I ask because These 2 Addons won´t work together. If waveforhue is connected the hue ambilight for movies stops to work.

Is something like that planned in the future?

Thanks a lot!
(2015-02-16, 06:56)hardyt Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 14:18)fabd Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 21:52)hardyt Wrote: Here's a solution for some people who cannot get this to work.

Discussion: this plugin requires the lights to be in an {"on":true} state before playback begins. The plugin is also not nice in that it does not restore the lights to their pre-video settings.

Impact: My lights are normally off, so the plugin appeared to not work. The plugin would also make the lights garishly bright, washed out green at the stop of the video.

Suggested improvement: I made some modifications so it now functions in my particular case. The changes begin with #th comments. https://github.com/hardyt/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight. Ambilight works when I play video. The lights are returned to their original state on stop, pause, or end. I may take the time to configure this as an option, but probably not anytime soon.

Just looking at the code, if i understand you, you add a check to verify if the light are ON or not ? If, not, you switch it on. That's it ?

To use your modification, we just have to replace lib/tools.py ?

Another question : can someone explain me the advanced function ? I'm french and don't really understand some off these function

Replace both tools.py and default.py.

The modification adds:
-check and save initial light state
-ensure lights are on
-on stop/pause/end the lights go to the initial light state

Example 1: Lights are off, movie plays, plugin functions (not tested with theater mode), movie ends, lights off
Example 2: Lights red, movie plays, plugin functions, movie ends, lights go red

Can someone please post the modified files again as the above link does not work anymore?
I want to fix the state of my lights. Now everytime the movie stops or pauses the lights return to the color as they where when my pc started. If I change my lights after the pc started it wont go back to this color when the movie ends or pauses.
(2015-07-04, 11:37)Marcello1983 Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 06:56)hardyt Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 14:18)fabd Wrote: Just looking at the code, if i understand you, you add a check to verify if the light are ON or not ? If, not, you switch it on. That's it ?

To use your modification, we just have to replace lib/tools.py ?

Another question : can someone explain me the advanced function ? I'm french and don't really understand some off these function

Replace both tools.py and default.py.

The modification adds:
-check and save initial light state
-ensure lights are on
-on stop/pause/end the lights go to the initial light state

Example 1: Lights are off, movie plays, plugin functions (not tested with theater mode), movie ends, lights off
Example 2: Lights red, movie plays, plugin functions, movie ends, lights go red

Can someone please post the modified files again as the above link does not work anymore?
I want to fix the state of my lights. Now everytime the movie stops or pauses the lights return to the color as they where when my pc started. If I change my lights after the pc started it wont go back to this color when the movie ends or pauses.

https://github.com/hardyt/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight
Hey there,

just trying to get one of there Hue Addons running on OSMC on a Raspberry PI 2. Did someone succeed? Im just getting the structure fault ...

and which of the Hue-Addons (it seems there are a few) is the newest one?

tanks a lot ...
Hello,

We need this addon to have a music mode as well (something like waveforhue, but better). Waveforhue is using waveform, and this addon is slow and freezes my Kodi.

Thank you
Is there any chance that someone adapt this to lifx?
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
Hi,

The auto bridge configuration option in settings does not work for me. Running Kodi on Ubuntu 14.04. I've manually entered in the IP address and the bridge users as new developer, which works, but it seems to cause issues with other devices that control the lights. Is there anyway to get the addon to acquire a unique bridge id like the rest of the devices/apps that control these lights?

thx
So I'm using 0.7.1 of this by Michael Carroll, which appears to be forked from hardyt's code.

It's working great, but is there any way to determine which numbers correspond to which colors other than trial and error? Ideally I'd have it set to 6500K daylight when undimmed, and a deep purple shade when dimmed, but I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to the color setting.
Does this help? http://www.developers.meethue.com/docume...e-concepts
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0