• 35(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hi to Kodi-Team.
I'm using Kodi Isengard 15.0 beta 2 on my FTV, together with Picture Slideshow Screensaver 2.1.4.
Data source is a network SMB folder.
I set the Picture Slideshow Screensaver to display additonal picture tags, because I used to modify EXIF info with help of Windows
to include tags XPTitle and XPSubject.
While Picture Slideshow Screensaver working, it displays in the lower left hand corner TWO lines of the same info, which is obviously derived from XPTitle tag of the JPG file. I'd like Picture Slideshow Screensaver to display either only ONE line or two different tags, e.g. XPTitle and XPSubject.
Thx for acceptance.
check the screensaver addon settings. each line can be disabled individually.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-07-04, 00:01)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Here is the debug log.

cool, thx!

turns out the built-in python method i used to find the location of the skin addon.xml file is flawed.
i've changed it to a json-rpc method now, that should be more reliable.

if you could please verify if it solves your issue:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.6.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-07-04, 23:25)ronie Wrote: cool, thx!

turns out the built-in python method i used to find the location of the skin addon.xml file is flawed.

Works perfectly Big Grin

Thank you very much ronie!

May I repost the link in my thread?
(2015-07-04, 18:29)ronie Wrote: check the screensaver addon settings. each line can be disabled individually.
Please explain your solution more detailed. I can only find the option "Display additional picture tags".
There is no way to select single tags.
(2015-07-04, 23:48)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 23:25)ronie Wrote: cool, thx!

Works perfectly Big Grin

Thank you very much ronie!

May I repost the link in my thread?

sure go ahead. i've also pushed it to the addon repo, so people can get it one way or the other.
(2015-07-05, 16:42)hale50 Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 18:29)ronie Wrote: check the screensaver addon settings. each line can be disabled individually.
Please explain your solution more detailed. I can only find the option "Display additional picture tags".

the screensaver can display three pieces of info on the lower left:
first line: filename
second line: date/time (extracted from the exif tag)
third line (and onwards): title, description and keywords (extracted from iptc or xmp tags)

all three of those lines can be enabled/disabled in the addon settings.
(2015-06-25, 17:03)ronie Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 00:46)teredactle Wrote: Do I have a corrupt version??

yup, you should receive an update to v2.1.4 soon.

Sorry for the late reply. I have 2.1.4 but it's still doing the same thing... the screen goes black after a specific amount of time, not sure why this is happening. I tried to roll back to 2.1.1 to see if it makes a different, but it's automatically updating back to 2.1.4

Is there a way I can prevent it from auto upgrading?

Thanks!
(2015-07-06, 22:43)teredactle Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 17:03)ronie Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 00:46)teredactle Wrote: Do I have a corrupt version??

yup, you should receive an update to v2.1.4 soon.

Sorry for the late reply. I have 2.1.4 but it's still doing the same thing... the screen goes black after a specific amount of time, not sure why this is happening. I tried to roll back to 2.1.1 to see if it makes a different, but it's automatically updating back to 2.1.4

Thanks!

there's only a general setting to prevent all addons from updating.
there no option to just disable it for one individual addon.
(2015-07-06, 22:45)ronie Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 22:43)teredactle Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 17:03)ronie Wrote: yup, you should receive an update to v2.1.4 soon.

Thanks!

there's only a general setting to prevent all addons from updating.
there no option to just disable it for one individual addon.

Hmm rolling back should freeze updating till a new version comes by.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-06, 22:37)ronie Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 16:42)hale50 Wrote:

the screensaver can display three pieces of info on the lower left:
first line: filename
second line: date/time (extracted from the exif tag)
third line (and onwards): title, description and keywords (extracted from iptc or xmp tags)

all three of those lines can be enabled/disabled in the addon settings.

Thx. That describes the way how it works. I will modify my pictures accordingly.
I've got twenty three gazillion pictures but I see the same pictures over and over again.
It doesn't feel very random.

If I manually go into the image folder I can find pictures which were never shown by the plugin.

How does this plugin gets its randomness?
(2015-07-12, 23:26)findftp Wrote: How does this plugin gets its randomness?

Code:
import random
random.shuffle(self.items, random.random)
(2015-07-13, 19:07)ronie Wrote: [quote='findftp' pid='2051265' dateline='1436736374']
How does this plugin gets its randomness?

Code:
import random
random.shuffle(self.items, random.random)
[/quote

with 50 percent of the code being "random", it seems pretty random to me Big Grin]
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi !

I'm using this addon since a long time and love it but just wonder how we could schedule the refresh of the index via crontab or any other method..
My picture directory is constantly changing as it is my onedrive camera roll folder so at the moment my best option is to rebuild the index manually every two days or so ....
Sure it's been asked many times already though but really wish this option could be implemented..really really really ;-)

Thanks,
Jimix
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4