• 200(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2015-07-02, 17:28)Dave the Minion Wrote: Hi all, I have a question that may prove how silly I am.

Is there a way to make music player controls default on screen? I seem to have to back out of every menu before I can get the controls to come up just to get a song to stop playing if I don't want any other music to play.

Unless I am doing something wrong?
Press "m" for media controls.
(2015-07-02, 19:36)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-02, 17:28)Dave the Minion Wrote: Hi all, I have a question that may prove how silly I am.

Is there a way to make music player controls default on screen? I seem to have to back out of every menu before I can get the controls to come up just to get a song to stop playing if I don't want any other music to play.

Unless I am doing something wrong?
Press "m" for media controls.

Thanks for the tip!

Is there no way to have them on screen by default?
Where does Nox save the skin settings? To be specific, the submenu config? Usually when I do a reinstall, I just install the skin, place the guisettings.xml and I'm done. With Nox5, the main menu config gets transferred, but the submenus remain default. I have multiple clients and a central MySQL db and I want all my Noxes to look the same Big Grin

And another (small?) question: I'm using shift as my default view for movies and in Nox 4 you had the option to tap down twice (once for page left/right) to view fullscreen fanart. I know Nox5 has the option in the info screen, but how can I restore the old behavior since it is way quicker.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2015-07-04, 09:22)Raytestrak Wrote: Where does Nox save the skin settings? To be specific, the submenu config? Usually when I do a reinstall, I just install the skin, place the guisettings.xml and I'm done. With Nox5, the main menu config gets transferred, but the submenus remain default. I have multiple clients and a central MySQL db and I want all my Noxes to look the same Big Grin

And another (small?) question: I'm using shift as my default view for movies and in Nox 4 you had the option to tap down twice (once for page left/right) to view fullscreen fanart. I know Nox5 has the option in the info screen, but how can I restore the old behavior since it is way quicker.

The sub-menu cfg is handled by 'script.skinshortcuts', I think Smile
I would say, backup.. "..\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\.. "

As for fs fanart, what is available is good enough for me, sorry. Wink
(2015-06-30, 16:17)Loewkie Wrote: Nox is now doing the music, film and tv fanarts beautifully, but I would still love to be able to create a slideshow on the main menu. So instead of only showing the gravity fanart it would cycle through multiple pictures. I know this can all be changed by going to the appdata folder on windows and you could even write a batch file to change on every boot up, but I'm using OSMC on a RaspPi 2.

Since it can also call up a slideshow of fan art for a specific movie or tv show, wouldn't it be a great idea to have it also call up arbitrary fanart for the main menu and create a slideshow out of it? I would most definitely love this. Or is there already a way to do this and am I just not in the know?

PS: I know that this might make the skin slow and sluggish for perhaps an old RaspPi, but if that's a problem then it should be included as an option with the warning **might slow down kodi** or something. I'm pretty sure my Pi 2 could handle it though.

I created a folder for each submenu and put all the pictures I wanted into each specific menu item. Then in skin settings just choose multi image and the folder for that menu.

My box is quad core 2g memory and it works fine. Dual cores with 1g memory is very sluggish. I even change the 7 second time inbetween images to 5 seconds.
I guess there's no way to make the music player controls on screen by default?

Anyways, not sure if this is a skin question or not but I'm curious if there's a way to access all the movie trailers you have stored locally. I have a trailer in the same directory of every film but it would be great to be able to access just a full list of trailers. Is that possible?

The other wrinkle to throw in is I also have another directory of just movie trailers, for movies that are coming soon to theater of I've just not added to my collection yet. So it would be great to be able to access both this folder plus all the locally saved trailers as a list.

If there is someplace else I should be asking about this please let me know.

Thanks!
(2015-07-04, 09:22)Raytestrak Wrote: And another (small?) question: I'm using shift as my default view for movies and in Nox 4 you had the option to tap down twice (once for page left/right) to view fullscreen fanart. I know Nox5 has the option in the info screen, but how can I restore the old behavior since it is way quicker.

I know now that in the old nox it's related to this:

Code:
<ondown condition="!Control.IsVisible(61)">109</ondown>
<ondown condition="!Control.IsVisible(61)">109</ondown>

New nox only has <ondown>61</ondown>, but the old code doesn't work in Nox5.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
An issue I've discovered, unsure if it's a bug or setting or by design, when on the movie info screen and selecting the + to access options to manage the movie if you try and use the mouse the entire screen disappears to show the full fanart. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks!
(2015-07-09, 00:20)Dave the Minion Wrote: An issue I've discovered, unsure if it's a bug or setting or by design, when on the movie info screen and selecting the + to access options to manage the movie if you try and use the mouse the entire screen disappears to show the full fanart. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

Kodi is designed to be controlled by remote, so I'm not sure if there is a workaround.
(2015-07-09, 01:21)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 00:20)Dave the Minion Wrote: An issue I've discovered, unsure if it's a bug or setting or by design, when on the movie info screen and selecting the + to access options to manage the movie if you try and use the mouse the entire screen disappears to show the full fanart. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

Kodi is designed to be controlled by remote, so I'm not sure if there is a workaround.

The same thing doesn't happen on older Aeon Nox skin for Frodo. You can access the refresh button, for example, with keystrokes or the mouse without the menus all disappearing. That's why it seemed like a bug to me. Did changing XBMC to Kodi change something there?
When I'm watching live tv I get a "Channel group logo" in the middle of the screen. How do I remove it?
(2015-07-09, 05:07)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 01:21)Warner306 Wrote:

Thanks!

The same thing doesn't happen on older Aeon Nox skin for Frodo. You can access the refresh button, for example, with keystrokes or the mouse without the menus all disappearing. That's why it seemed like a bug to me. Did changing XBMC to Kodi change something there?
EDIT: Fixed on git. Will be fixed with next update for Isengard.

(2015-07-09, 14:47)Bjur Wrote: When I'm watching live tv I get a "Channel group logo" in the middle of the screen. How do I remove it?
You should update the skin with the newest one in repo if running Isengard RC1. If its not updating, there's probably something wrong with your addons.db. Deleting it will help in that case and the skin should update automatically when you restart kodi.
Cool, that did it!

Thanks!
Another question I found while watching some Top Gear tonight.

When playing a TV Episode and pressing I to bring up the info screen, there's no season listed for any TV Show specials. It also shows the episode number as S##. That looks a little odd. Anyway to have it say "Specials" or something similar?

I don't know if this is part of the skin or part of Kodi itself so I apologize in advance if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Thanks!
(2015-07-09, 14:47)Bjur Wrote: When I'm watching live tv I get a "Channel group logo" in the middle of the screen. How do I remove it?
You should update the skin with the newest one in repo if running Isengard RC1. If its not updating, there's probably something wrong with your addons.db. Deleting it will help in that case and the skin should update automatically when you restart kodi.
[/quote]

I have the skin installed from official repo a couple of days ago and now the problem is gone, so thx.

However I have a suspicious problem on both my clients. Sometimes if the machines have idlet and I want to use it, it doesn't get bright again afterwards, which means the dim effect is still activated, and I can't always use the cursors. Am I the only one who have faced this issue on RC1?
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537