• 59(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-07-09, 15:26)ashlar Wrote: I'm still having problems with the interaction of refresh rate switching and Reclock having trouble detecting the correct refresh rate of my TV (this never happens when using MPC-HC).

I'm using a GTX 660. The TV is capable of 23, 24, 50 and 60Hz.

Tried MadVR exclusive, tried MadVR overlay, tried Kodi Exclusive, tried Kodi windowed... one way or the other results are never perfect. Anyone with a perfectly working combination?

Sometimes I find the Reclock icon yellow, sometimes MadVR states that composition rate is 60Hz, sometimes it doesn't. All seemingly random, even on the very same file played back once and then twice, leading to different CTRL+J stats...

Often Kodi exits from playback and, although it has switched back to 60Hz, it renders the interface at 24fps.

I am getting the correct refresh rate during playback. Have you tried enabling refresh rate switching in Kodi and madVR by filling out all of the compatible display modes in madVR?

If not, what happens when madVR does the display mode switching? Wouldn't the result be the same as MPC-HC?

The Kodi refresh rate switcher should behave the same regardless of which player you are using.

The following parameters can be added to advancedsettings.xml to help with this problem:

Code:
<!-- Settings for when "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" is enabled, available since r33806. -->
  <adjustrefreshrate>

<!-- "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" will try to select the best refreshrate for the video fps but it doesn't always get it right, for example it might switch to an unsupported refreshrate. You can add overrides here to switch to a certain refreshrate based on video fps. It's possible to add as many overrides as you need.  Overrides are processed in order, if the first one doesn't match the fps or no refreshrates match that override, it will try the next one until no overrides are left -->

<override>
      <fps>23.976</fps>       <!-- if the fps is between 23.966 and 23.986 -->
      <refresh>60.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 59.99 and 60.01 -->
    </override>

<override>
      <fpsmin>29.96</fpsmin>        <!-- You can also specify the fps range yourself -->
      <fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
      <refreshmin>59.0</refreshmin> <!-- Same for the refreshrate -->
      <refreshmax>61.0</refreshmax>
    </override>

<!-- It none of the overrides match, or none of the refreshrates match any of the fps matching overrides, it will choose a fallback refreshrate. Fallbacks are process in order, if the first fallback doesn't match any refreshrate, it will try the next one until no fallbacks are left -->
    <fallback>
      <refresh>50.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 49.99 and 50.01. -->
    </fallback>

<!-- You can also specify the range for the fallback yourself -->
    <fallback>
      <refreshmin>49.0</refreshmin>
      <refreshmax>51.0</refreshmax>
    </fallback>

<!-- If none of the overrides match the video fps, or no refreshrates match any of the fps matching overrides, and no fallbacks are specified or no refreshrates match any fallbacks, it will automatically choose the best refreshrate (same as having no overrides and fallbacks). -->
  </adjustrefreshrate>
I have a suspicious problem on both my clients. Sometimes if the machines have idlet and I want to use it, it doesn't get bright again afterwards, which means the dim effect is still activated, and I can't always use the cursors. Am I the only one who have faced this issue?
(2015-07-10, 10:42)Bjur Wrote: I have a suspicious problem on both my clients. Sometimes if the machines have idlet and I want to use it, it doesn't get bright again afterwards, which means the dim effect is still activated, and I can't always use the cursors. Am I the only one who have faced this issue?

Are you sure the screen dimming isn't that set by the desktop screensaver in Windows?
i try to use DSPlayer Setup: 15.0 Isengard rc1 - build (20150702-bd81fec) and i want to know if imon vfd
are already support ?
Kodi Helix 14.2 - Windows 7 64 bits - Zalman HD160 Plus
anyone else notice gpu downclocking while using isengard for a while in fullscreen mode? , meaning playing a movie for a while say about 15-30 minutes then stopping playback back out into the menu , it will break your navigation and after a while your gpu will go into a downclocked state stuck there until you restart your driver , im using 350.12 nvidia driver , which is the most stable as of currently , i went back to helix until this is fixed
(Wrong thread, sorry please delete)
(2015-07-11, 21:56)hentai23 Wrote: anyone else notice gpu downclocking while using isengard for a while in fullscreen mode? , meaning playing a movie for a while say about 15-30 minutes then stopping playback back out into the menu , it will break your navigation and after a while your gpu will go into a downclocked state stuck there until you restart your driver , im using 350.12 nvidia driver , which is the most stable as of currently , i went back to helix until this is fixed

Yes, I've noticed this. Although, I couldn't determine what was going on. I noticed the menu can be become choppy after stopping a video. I'm not certain this happens every time, but it is possible. I found restarting Kodi seemed to fix this issue. I haven't tried to debug this problem as of yet.
good to see im not the only one that noticed this bug, hope this gets fixed in the final build isengard, until then its helix for me
UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer RC2, link updated at first page
(2015-07-11, 21:56)hentai23 Wrote: anyone else notice gpu downclocking while using isengard for a while in fullscreen mode? , meaning playing a movie for a while say about 15-30 minutes then stopping playback back out into the menu , it will break your navigation and after a while your gpu will go into a downclocked state stuck there until you restart your driver , im using 350.12 nvidia driver , which is the most stable as of currently , i went back to helix until this is fixed

Yes, I have had this for quite some time on my corei3 and built in gpu but I thought it was just under powered so I purchased and nvidia card and installed the latest drivers but it still happened. I also have complete crashes where I get a message from madvr saying it tried to reset the video driver several times and I completely lose video, then I have to re-boot the computer.

I have looked at settings after watching a movie and the UI is barely working and the fps in settings will show .05 fps, but the weird thing is that if I start playing another movie the movie runs normally...

My computer is over 10 years old so I thought it was time to upgrade..
One more thing I forgot to mention, has anyone had an issue where you fast forward through the end of the credits in a show, and when the UI comes back all of the writing is just white square blocks? I have to stop KODI and re-start it to get the writing back.
(2015-07-12, 04:28)Warner306 Wrote:

Yes, I've noticed this. Although, I couldn't determine what was going on. I noticed the menu can be become choppy after stopping a video. I'm not certain this happens every time, but it is possible. I found restarting Kodi seemed to fix this issue. I haven't tried to debug this problem as of yet.

I already discovered the this and posted about it a while back. madVR is not being released fully after playback is finished. Open dsplayer, don't load a video, update madVR with same version. play video. stop video. madVR appears closed yes? not in tray anymore yes?

so you should be able to update madVR. try it again. you won't be able too.
(2015-07-12, 15:38)aracnoz Wrote: UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer RC2, link updated at first page

Thanks Aracnoz
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Can someone create a debug log with the improper menu behavior on stop? In the interm, I have set DSPlayer to Force madVR to exit fullscreen before stop to see if this fixes the problem.
(2015-07-12, 22:28)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone create a debug log with the improper menu behavior on stop? In the interm, I have set DSPlayer to Force madVR to exit fullscreen before stop to see if this fixes the problem.

This is a scenario I can't use, because I can't use exclusive mode, as it kind of messes with other monitors that i'm trying to do things on while I am watching a video. And logs don't show any problem.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47