Release t1m test repository for Kodi Addons
To save wear and tear on the Kodi team (particularly Martijn who has the patience of a saint), I've created a test repo for public use.
I will always release my addons to the Kodi.org repo when fully tested (it's up to them to accept the addon, but I don't recall having one rejected). Folks who are interested in helping test new versions can get a less tested version in my test repo, if the version number is higher than the one in the kodi.org repo. My only request is that if you try something from the repo, let me know if it doesn't work for you so that I can look into the issue. This is my first attempt at a Kodi addon repo on github and hopefully I got it right.

Addon to install the repo is in github at:
https://github.com/learningit/repository.../1.0.2.zip

Installing the repo addon will have the t1m repo appear on the list of repos in Kodi. You will then have to do a refresh to see all the addons appear.
You can set auto update to receive any updates automatically. I will probably keep 2-3 stable versions back for rollback puposes.

Currently the repo contains the following addons:

plugin.video.abcfamily - ABC Family Channel (1080)
plugin.video.bravo - Bravo Channel (1080)
plugin.video.cbc - Canadian Broadcasting Corp (PBS)
plugin.video.cbsn - CBSN News (1080)
plugin.video.cook - The Cooking Channel
plugin.video.diy - DIY Network (Home improvement)
plugin.video.esquire - Esquire TV (1080) - American Ninja Warrior
plugin.video.foodnetwork - Food Network (US)
plugin.video.foddnetwork.canada - Food Network Canada
plugin.video.fox.news - Fox News (US News)
plugin.video.gq - GQ Magazine (Lifestyle) (1080)
plugin.video.hallmark - Hallmark Channel (TV and Movies)
plugin.video.hgtv - Home and Garden TV
plugin.video.hgtv.canada - Home and Garden TV Canada
plugin.video.i24News - i24 News ( News)
plugin.video.linktv - Link TV (Documentaries)
plugin.video.mediacorp - Singapore TV Entertainment & News Channels (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil)
plugin.video.metv - MeTV (Classic US/British TV Shows) - changes episodes every Monday
plugin.video.myvevo - VEVO Music Videos (1080)
plugin.video.npr - National Public Radio Music Videos
plugin.video.oxygen - Oxygen Channel (1080)
plugin.video.popcornflix - Popcornflix (Movies)
plugin.video.portico.tv - Portico TV - (US Magazine Videos )
plugin.video.rt - Russia Today News
plugin.video.si - Sports Illustrated
plugin.video.smithsonian - Smithsonian Channel (Documentaries)
plugin.video.snagfilms - Snag Films (Movies & TV) (1080)
plugin.video.sonyliv - Sony LIV (Hindi TV and Movies)
plugin.video.sprout - Sprout Online (kids) (1080)
plugin.video.sundance - Sundance Channel (TV and Movies)
plugin.video.syfy - Syfy Channel (1080)
plugin.video.tcm - TCM Channel
plugin.video.thinktv - Think TV (US PBS)
plugin.video.travel - Travel Channel
plugin.video.tubitv - Tubi TV (movies & TV)
plugin.video.tvo - TV Ontario (Canada PBS)
plugin.video.tvokids - TV Ontario Kids (Canada PBS)
plugin.video.viewster - Viewster (Movies)
plugin.video.wabc - WABC ABC TV Progarms
plugin.video.wnbc - WNBC NBC TV Programs
plugin.video.wral - WRAL CBS TV Programs
plugin.video.wsj - The Wall Street Journal (News)
Thanks for all the great work!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Congrats. Will install and help you test for sure.
i like and use your addons a lot - they are great - im currently using isengard rc1 and have installed your repo - but the repo doesnt show up in the repo list but the addons show up when i click on the all repos - then video add-ons - a little strange but im not to concerned as the addons can be found - i thought i should mention it to you - im on win 7 pro pc
(2015-07-05, 19:21)udangaribaldi Wrote: i like and use your addons a lot - they are great - im currently using isengard rc1 and have installed your repo - but the repo doesnt show up in the repo list but the addons show up when i click on the all repos - then video add-ons - a little strange but im not to concerned as the addons can be found - i thought i should mention it to you - im on win 7 pro pc

You are probably seeing the addons that are in the Kodi.org repo (they're pretty much the same right now). I am also using Isengard RC1.
So you downloaded the .zip from the link above and did an "Install from .zip" to install the repo addon? Did Kodi give a message "Add-on Enabled" when you installed it?

The repo should appear on the Repo list if the .zip installed correctly. You may want to try downloading the .zip again.
The addons in the t1m repo may not appear until you do a "Check for Updates" and then look in the repo again.

If you're still havng a problem, please exit Kodi, start Kodi again, enable debug logging and try loading the .zip. Please post the debug log to xbmclog.com or pastebin.com and then post the link here.
i downloaded and re-installed like you said - it is now sorted - thanks - and great work on them addons mate
Much thanx to you.
There was a bug in my create repo script that was compressing the plugin/script with the version added on. The result of this is that there will be additional folders created in 'addons' which have version numbers attached to them. The addons probably run ok, it's just really wasteful and confusing.

Thanks to Lunatixz for finding this. You may need to delete of the following addons in 'addons/packages' , uninstall for Kodi and reinstall them from the repo to clean everything up:

plugin.video.hgtv
plugin.video.smithsonian
plugin.video.sonylive
plugin.video.sprout
plugin.video.syfy
repository.t1m.kodi_addons
Thanks for the heads up, Learningit. Very considerate of you.

Can you confirm by uninstall repository.t1m.kodi_addons, you mean uninstalling your repo, and re-installing it by installing it via the zip file?

And if so, would this affect any of the add-ons that were previously installed via your repo?

(2015-07-14, 04:07)learningit Wrote: There was a bug in my create repo script that was compressing the plugin/script with the version added on. The result of this is that there will be additional folders created in 'addons' which have version numbers attached to them. The addons probably run ok, it's just really wasteful and confusing.

Thanks to Lunatixz for finding this. You may need to delete of the following addons in 'addons/packages' , uninstall for Kodi and reinstall them from the repo to clean everything up:

plugin.video.hgtv
plugin.video.smithsonian
plugin.video.sonylive
plugin.video.sprout
plugin.video.syfy
(2015-07-14, 15:55)springroll Wrote: Thanks for the heads up, Learningit. Very considerate of you.

Can you confirm by uninstall repository.t1m.kodi_addons, you mean uninstalling your repo, and re-installing it by installing it via the zip file?

And if so, would this affect any of the add-ons that were previously installed via your repo?

(2015-07-14, 04:07)learningit Wrote: There was a bug in my create repo script that was compressing the plugin/script with the version added on. The result of this is that there will be additional folders created in 'addons' which have version numbers attached to them. The addons probably run ok, it's just really wasteful and confusing.

plugin.video.hgtv
plugin.video.smithsonian
plugin.video.sonylive
plugin.video.sprout
plugin.video.syfy
There's no need to reinstall the repo. If you look in your 'addons' folder you may see one or more of the above listed addons has a version number at the end of the folder name. I would delete that folder (and any others for that particular addon) and reinstall the addon from the repo. This is just to keep things 'clean', otherwise having multiple versions of the same addon installed can lead to interesting issues. The repo has been fixed so that this shouldn't happen again (unless, of course, I screw it up again). It won't affect any settings you have made.
i'm seeing quite a lot of add-ons where you already have a newer version in Helix/Isengard and there's still an active one in Gotham. Should i mark them broken and tell users to upgrade or ignore that for now (you don't have to send PRs for that)? We're trying to clean up a bit.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-17, 14:16)Martijn Wrote: i'm seeing quite a lot of add-ons where you already have a newer version in Helix/Isengard and there's still an active one in Gotham. Should i mark them broken and tell users to upgrade or ignore that for now (you don't have to send PRs for that)? We're trying to clean up a bit.

I'm fine with marking the Gotham ones that have Isengard versions as broken. I have been travelling extensively since the the start of the year and haven't had time to finish upgrading the remaining ones to Isengard. I assume that we're reaching end of life for Gotham at this point, is there a cut-off date? I can probably get the remaining add-ons done (about 22 I think) by mid-Feb.

Lastly, there are three add-ons (tubitv, sonyliv and hgtv) which are currently not functioning. I am able to fix these and upgrade them to Isengard when I find a bit of time. I have been trying to locate a AES module which can be used under GPL, but haven't had much luck - tubitv needs it to decode the playble url. I have ported their Javascript over to Python and gotten the addon to work and have also used an AES module which has binaries for different target platforms, but I'm not sure either can be used with GPL. Are you aware of any pure Python AES module available?

If you give me a day or two, I can get together a list of Gotham add-ons which have Isengard replacements to make your job easier.
We have an easy list of duplicate addons so should be no issue. There's no cut off date yet but imo if there's a newer version in newer kodi the old one won't get any support anyway. It will die silent and could give non upgraders a possible bad experience so better prevent install.
(2016-01-17, 16:02)Martijn Wrote: We have an easy list of duplicate addons so should be no issue. There's no cut off date yet but imo if there's a newer version in newer kodi the old one won't get any support anyway. It will die silent and could give non upgraders a possible bad experience so better prevent install.

Agreed. Interestingly, I haven't had any complaints from folks that haven't upgraded and haven't seen a recent support case where they didn't upgrade. I've been seeing other conversations about most of the user base being on 14.2, particularly on Android, but I know this isn't possible for most users of my add-ons as the SSL support for the player is problematic.
(2016-01-17, 16:20)learningit Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 16:02)Martijn Wrote: We have an easy list of duplicate addons so should be no issue. There's no cut off date yet but imo if there's a newer version in newer kodi the old one won't get any support anyway. It will die silent and could give non upgraders a possible bad experience so better prevent install.

Agreed. Interestingly, I haven't had any complaints from folks that haven't upgraded and haven't seen a recent support case where they didn't upgrade. I've been seeing other conversations about most of the user base being on 14.2, particularly on Android, but I know this isn't possible for most users of my add-ons as the SSL support for the player is problematic.

Sadly we can't tell on what Kodi version your addons are used. This might change in the future as we changed our repo script a bit and now download stats are made per repo for Jarvis and up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
t1m test repository for Kodi Addons0