service.library.data.provider
Can anybody shed any light on this? When scrolling through the home screen, I get a script error when I reach the 'music' section
(not everytime, but often enough)

22:27:13 T:1762006048 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 567, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 113, in __init__
self.parse_song( 'randomsongs', 32015, full_liz )
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 418, in parse_song
liz.setInfo( type="Music", infoLabels={ "Artist": item['artist'][0] })
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:27:13 T:1616503840 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=randomsongs&reload=20150416212341
Nobody?
Hello, did you ever solve your error? I'm getting nearly an identical error every time I access the Music section:

21:15:33 T:6816 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('files',)
File "C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\1service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 567, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\1service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 135, in __init__
for item in json_response["result"]["files"]:
KeyError: ('files',)
21:15:33 T:5076 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=playliststats&id=ActivateWindow(10501,"smb://DEBPC/Users/Public/Deb's Music/",return)
should both be fixed with https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...22fc9c8312
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi Phil, thanks very much for responding. I'm completely new with Kodi and have no idea what to do with the info on the linked page. Could you give me a step-by-step explanation?

Thank you!

Deb

Never mind! I think I figured out how to make the revision. I went into my C drive, under my user name, opened AppData, opened Roaming, then opened Kodi, then found and opened Addons, located and opened service.library.data.provider, discovered more files including the default.py, then right clicked on default.py and edited using Notepad++ (which is a free, awesome program for anyone who doesn't know), and then copied and pasted the revisions given at your link. Then I launched Kodi and went into the Music section and no error!!! Woot! Woot! Thanks Phil! So happy to not get the error message. Nod
Hi Phil, started having the script error message again. I repeated everything and updated the default.py again; however, whenever I access music (only happens with music), I receive the same script error message (and log) as above. Not sure what is exactly not functioning, or throwing an error, as everything seems okay to me -- the music plays fine, stops, and starts, etc., but I get the script error message. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!
complete debug log again, please.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Here you go. Please let me know if you need anything else to help with this. Thanks very much! Deb

18:42:29 T:9364 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:42:30 T:3992 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:42:30 T:3992 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('resume',)
File "C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 589, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 150, in __init__
if item["resume"]["position"] > 0:
KeyError: ('resume',)
18:42:30 T:2832 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=playliststats&id=ActivateWindow(10502,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/7.xsp,return)
18:42:35 T:8128 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
18:42:35 T:8128 NOTICE: Saving settings
18:42:35 T:8128 NOTICE: stop all
18:42:35 T:8128 NOTICE: stop player
18:42:35 T:9820 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:14
18:42:35 T:8128 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
18:42:36 T:8128 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
18:42:36 T:8128 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
18:42:36 T:8128 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
18:42:36 T:8128 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...
18:42:37 T:9048 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
18:42:37 T:8128 NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
18:42:37 T:8128 NOTICE: clean cached files!
18:42:37 T:8128 NOTICE: unload skin
18:42:40 T:10072 NOTICE: StorageServer-2.5.4 Closed down
18:42:41 T:9176 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py): the python script "C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_Director
(2015-07-16, 03:44)HistoryChaser Wrote: Here you go. Please let me know if you need anything else to help with this. Thanks very much! Deb

That is not a complete debug log.
Follow these instructions to provide one. debug log/easy (wiki)
It is generally frowned upon placing log snippets in a thread.
Hello, I followed the steps in the "debug log/easy" wiki page and submitted a debug log. It seemed to go okay.
(2015-07-16, 23:36)HistoryChaser Wrote: Hello, I followed the steps in the "debug log/easy" wiki page and submitted a debug log. It seemed to go okay.

You forgot step 7 Wink
Need to post the link to the log you uploaded.
I just thought of that and came rushing back! Here you go:

http://xbmclogs.com/ppzzxwg7f

Thanks for helping me with this!

Deb
(2015-07-17, 03:45)HistoryChaser Wrote: I just thought of that and came rushing back! Here you go:

http://xbmclogs.com/ppzzxwg7f

Thanks for helping me with this!

Deb

Music playlists are unsupported for showing watched/unwatched statistics.
(2015-07-17, 21:42)BigNoid Wrote: Music playlists are unsupported for showing watched/unwatched statistics.

Hi there, so, is there something I need to turn off so the message will stop showing?

Thank you!

Deb
If i read the log right, you have playlist statistics enabled for a main menu item that is mapped to a music playlist. Turn off the playlist statistics and the error wont pop up anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.library.data.provider0