• 1(current)
Req J* feature request thread
Here's a list of open requests -
Here are a few of mine...
  • Fixed in latest Isengard nighlies. Textcolor variables for Label2 and Edit controls, for discussion see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203327
  • Already added for J***. Be able to use $VAR and/or $INFO in Color tags when used in the textbox of an itemlayout/focusedlayout. The following doesn't currently work, it would be useful for appending the tagline to the plot and making it a different color.
    Code:
    <itemlayout>
       <control type="textbox">
          <label>[COLOR $VAR[custom.color]]...[/COLOR]</label>
       </control>
    </itemlayout
Thanks Hitcher for starting this.

(2015-07-17, 20:27)braz Wrote: Here are a few of mine...
  • Textcolor variables for Label2 and Edit controls, for discussion see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203327
  • Be able to use $VAR and/or $INFO in Color tags when used in the textbox of an itemlayout/focusedlayout. The following doesn't currently work, it would be useful for appending the tagline to the plot and making it a different color.
    Code:
    <itemlayout>
       <control type="textbox">
          <label>[COLOR $VAR[custom.color]]...[/COLOR]</label>
       </control>
    </itemlayout

Seems that $VAR for textboxes has been fixed for J*****
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7205

+1 for built in label2 controls and edit controls
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
As one of the only skinners in my country, I can just pray for some feature request....

1.When control button is aligning to the right - "label2" is still in the right side, when its obviously wrong. It is importent in the Settings area..
2. Some Control cannot be align to the right at all, like:
- Horizontal Grouplists... left alignment is: 1-2-3-4-5, but right isnt: 5-4-3-2-1
- EPG grid (be able to show the channel names on the right side of the table)
3. Some Problems with RTL languages:
- when using RTL language, and label is too long, the 3 dots "..." appear in the wrong side of the text, like: "...w I met your mother" instead of "how I met yo..."
- when using RTL language - <scroll> is to the wrong direction...
- When kodi passes label content to the virtual keyboard - it makes it fliiped, like "abc" shows as "cba" - best way to check is try to "edit title" to some movie, and directly press "enter" - the title will be flipped right away.
- Jump to.... when pressing "Shift + letter" is not supported for non english languages

some solutions I can tought about:
fix label2 alignment when "right" alignment is set...
Add <scroll> - attribute for "ltr" or "rtl" in label controls
align "right" in grouplist will give the mirror effect, like I said, 5-4-3-2-1
add some "<rtl>true</rtl> option to buttons and label, whice make the "..." shows up in the right place.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-07-17, 20:47)Jayz2K Wrote: Seems that $VAR for textboxes has been fixed for J*****
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7205

+1 for built in label2 controls and edit controls
Thanks for letting me know, will look forward to using this.
Some of mine :

$VAR available for <height> <width> <posx> <posy> ... for my opinion a huge step forward for dynamic layouts.

Conditions available at $PARAM level when using the new include type (should solve the lack of $VAR in some cases and should be an alternative to my previous request). Also reduce a lot the code when using multiple params.

+1 for CurrentItem and NumItem for grouplists.

+1 for currentitem and numitem in grouplists

and:
- multiple contents for dynamic lists
- visible states for dynamic lists to hide various items based on a condition
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-07-17, 23:31)sualfred Wrote: +1 for currentitem and numitem in grouplists

and:
- multiple contents for dynamic lists
- visible states for dynamic lists to hide various items based on a condition
What he said, and diffuse for textbox and label's. Also a bool to flag if text is LTR so that we can use the correct diffuse image for in the case we want to fade the end of a text string in a label or button.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
colordiffuse and diffuse for thumb in <content> could be usefull
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
- Get rid of the slider control. It messes with navigation inputs and could just as well be a spin control.
- Replace all current spin controls with buttons triggering DialogSelect
A grayscale feature / animation should be great too ...

I would like to add 3 more requests:

1. Possibility for using $INFO[$INFO[]]:

This one is nothing new.
I've already seen a few posts asking for it but as I don't see it on the current feature request list, I want to add it:

There should be the possibility to use $INFO[] labels within other $INFO[] tags for stuff like:

Code:
$INFO[Window.Property( $INFO[ListItem.DBID, DynamicPropertyName.] )]

Of course, it's just one of many imaginable use cases.

2. Possibility to overwrite list items <onclick> actions on the fly:

I really would like to see an implementation like an <itemonclick> feature or similiar
which can be used to overwrite (replace) the original <onclick> action.

Code:
<control type="list">
    [...]
    <itemlayout />
    <focusedlayout />
    <itemonclick />
    <content target="video">special://playlist.xsp</content>
</control>

This way you could easily do things like:
Code:
<itemonclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</itemonclick>

Or with conditions and multiple <itemonclick>-tags also a bit more "complex" stuff like:
Code:
<itemonclick>Window.SetProperty(CustomInfo, $INFO[ListItem.DBID])</itemonclick>
<itemonclick condition="SubString(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)">ActivateWindow(32001)</itemonclick>
<itemonclick condition="SubString(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)">ActivateWindow(32002)</itemonclick>

This way we could combine the superior performance of lists filled by Kodi with the flexibility of custom created lists.

Of course, it would be also nice if there will be a similiar possibility for more dynamic on the fly manipulation in future.
But I guess <onclick> has the most usecases and therefore a higher priority.

3. Possibility for extended button layouting:

Right now the options for button layouting are quite limited. That's why I've already seen a few
workarounds with surrounding control elements (images, labels) which were made conditionally depending
on the buttons status (e.g. focus) to appear like a part of the button itself.

I think a more skinner-friendly solution would be to allow button layouts to contain other elements.
So why not adapting the approach from list controls for list items (which are in some way a kind of buttons)
and allow something like:

Code:
<control type="button">
    [...]
    <layout />
    <focusedlayout />
</control>

It's just a ruff idea, but something like that would be nice. Maybe the best solution were if these tags
will be optional, so that you can still use button control elements just like before but with the newly gained
possibility to additionally add other elements to the button layout - depending on if the button is focused
or not. So e.g. for adding an selection indicator to an existing button, it would be enough to just place the
proper image element into the <focusedlayout>-tag.

Simplified use case example:
Code:
<control type="button">
    [...]
    <texturefocus>cover.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>cover.png</texturenofocus>
    <layout>
        <control type="image">
            <texture>overlay.png</texture> <!-- darken whole button via overlay while not focused -->
        </control>
    </layout>
    <focusedlayout>
        <control type="image">
            <texture>indicator.png</texture> <!-- proper placed indicator image to show current selection-->
        </control>
    </focusedlayout>
</control>

In reality this can get more complex with more images/labels and so these suggested tags would be even more helpful.

Yep, these are my current top three wishes for the skinning engine.
Hopefully someone else would like them too.

Cheers,
Josch Smile
Sounds like this old list control -

http://kodi.wiki/view/List_Control
<oninfo> tags that work like <onback> but for info key.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-07-21, 14:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: <oninfo> tags that work like <onback> but for info key.

oninfo for controls
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1