• 61(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Color Gamuts Explained

BT.709 vs. DCI-P3 vs. BT.2020

RTINGS.com: A color gamut (also known as a color space) is a range of colors found in the visual spectrum. Particular colors, one variation each of red, green, and blue, are established as the boundaries of a given range, and any colors that are found within those limits are considered part of that space.

Color gamuts are created by telecommunications standards organizations and help in establishing concrete specifications for what the TV must be capable of doing. To meet a given color gamut’s specifications, a TV must be able to display all of the colors included in that space.

At present, there are three main color gamuts that are important to TVs: BT.709 (SDR & HD Color Standard), DCI-P3 (Displayed with UHD BT.2020 Color Coordinates) and BT.2020 (HDR & UHD Color Standard).

What is Wide Colour Gamut (WCG)?

Comparing Color Gamuts

Wide Color Gamut Coverage of TVs
(2015-07-13, 23:08)aracnoz Wrote: the current version of Kodi DSPlayer it's not compatible with madvr 0.88.17 so you have to wait the next version, my hope it's to post a new build for the weekend

Has anyone seen this? Don't believe current version compatible with 0.88.17plus, which probably explains crashes.
We are waiting aracnoz hardwork& new build hopefully soon.

Glenn
i'm so excited to get the next build! ugh.
everything it's made, dsplayer work with last madvr version

no more gpu burn while pause state and especially no more lag using the interface

but now i can reproduce a bug that i think it's the same that some of you has experienced since isengard dsplayer, it's related a madvr interface IOsdRenderCallback that i began to use to make this possibile http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2015297

this it's what happens to me after several stop (10-15 stops)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6P_zjg...e=youtu.be

now with latest madvr and dsplayer changes it's even more reproducible also by me, i have to speak with madshi before to solve this problem, because as always no error from kodi side it's visible during debug, without that interface there is no problem, at least for me, but then we loose a properly pause state and lag free experience

p.s.

just to be more sure i have made a special build

it's just to test, it's not for daily use, it's not 100% working

i have to only know if with this build it's reproducible for you the issue with gui that runs slowly after several stops with latest madvr release

p.p.s

for the problem with the subtitles that are snot shown after download maybe we are trying a difference services addon, with opensubtitles works for me

you can also try to load the subtitle manually by the xysubfilter tryicon after the download just to see if the load on the fly works properly
@aracnoz Is madVR being properly released after video end? That may be the cause of the laggy videos. I would believe you would be able to update madVR, after you stop/end a video. As you can with mpc-hc. Windows see's that madVR is still open to madVR.ax can not be replaced. Shouldn't it be fully released? Or am I imagining this to be the case? Sorry, I am not a programmer any more, but I made an assumption (probably wrongly) on this.

To reproduce, start a video, let it load. Then stop; it. don't exit Kodi. now you are just in the menu with nothing loaded, so it would seem. Try to replace madVR.ax or even delete it. It shows it's still in use.
(2015-07-19, 16:55)spencerjford Wrote: @aracnoz Is madVR being properly released after video end? That may be the cause of the laggy videos. I would believe you would be able to update madVR, after you stop/end a video. As you can with mpc-hc. Windows see's that madVR is still open to madVR.ax can not be replaced. Shouldn't it be fully released? Or am I imagining this to be the case? Sorry, I am not a programmer any more, but I made an assumption (probably wrongly) on this.

To reproduce, start a video, let it load. Then stop; it. don't exit Kodi. now you are just in the menu with nothing loaded, so it would seem. Try to replace madVR.ax or even delete it. It shows it's still in use.

if close a video with mpc-hc with "file - close" or pressing ctrl+c you can see that madvr.ax still in use as with kodi, they have the same behavior on close, more precisely kodi and mpc-hc they have the same code to open and close a video.

then it's different if you use mpc-hc as external player with kodi as frontend because for each file played and stopped you basically kill the process mpc-hc.exe that it's responsible to launch madvr
ahh then i was wrong. well, i was trying to help Smile glad i could be educated though!
Photo 
I installed the new test version of DS Player and it did fix the issue of locking up if I fast forward to the end of a show and slowing down the UI, but I still get the white blocks for text. I have also upgraded my media PC, I now am running a NUC core-i7 with 8 gigs of ram and a 500 gig m.2 ssd. So apparently it is not a hardware issue. I managed to get a screen shot of what happens. If I fast forward to even a minute before the end and then hit play this does not happen.

Here is a screen capture of what I see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp5pbqzbo10arl...e.JPG?dl=0

Here is the log file I captured when this happened:
http://goo.gl/SYc9ux
(2015-07-20, 18:09)vmax Wrote: I installed the new test version of DS Player and it did fix the issue of locking up if I fast forward to the end of a show and slowing down the UI, but I still get the white blocks for text. I have also upgraded my media PC, I now am running a NUC core-i7 with 8 gigs of ram and a 500 gig m.2 ssd. So apparently it is not a hardware issue. I managed to get a screen shot of what happens. If I fast forward to even a minute before the end and then hit play this does not happen.

Here is a screen capture of what I see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp5pbqzbo10arl...e.JPG?dl=0

Here is the log file I captured when this happened:
http://goo.gl/SYc9ux

I figured out where is the problem, i will include the fix with the next Isengard Dsplayer rc3
Wow, thanks aracnoz!
so youve figured out the issue with the messed up kodi gui that happens whenever a movie finishes playing or has been playing for about 15-20 minutes and longer then ? , this would be great then i can finally upgrade , and the fixed

gui lag that ive been complaining about in the past while backing out into the homescreen while playing a movie has also been fixed then i see? if so then i tip my hat to you aracnoz , great stuff , oh and the fixed gpu burn on pause

was deffinitely needed , hell you didnt even need furmark as gpu oc stability tool anymore with that "feature" , lols
There is a lag after watching a movie or part of a movie. It's no big deal and I'm sure the brains behind this build will get it fixed.
Yeah, there a number of bugs which make DSPlayer more effort than its worth currently. My big two:

1) Subtitles not appearing if none were available to load at the start of the video. Currently if a video has no subtitles available upon starting, subtitles will not show if they are downloaded through an addon. The subtitles are downloaded but you have to kill Kodi and play the video anew to get the now downloaded subtitles to appear.

2) The GUI either being unresponsive, not functioning properly or the application just crashing after a video completes. Plenty have documented this one.

I have gone back to vanilla Kodi for the time being, but will certainly be back when these can be addressed.
(2015-07-21, 12:03)TMDaines Wrote: Yeah, there a number of bugs which make DSPlayer more effort than its worth currently. My big two:

1) Subtitles not appearing if none were available to load at the start of the video. Currently if a video has no subtitles available upon starting, subtitles will not show if they are downloaded through an addon. The subtitles are downloaded but you have to kill Kodi and play the video anew to get the now downloaded subtitles to appear.

as i said before it works for me, this is a video

I have no doubt that don't works for you but i need more details since it's not a thing that not works at all, like a full debug log, the service that you are using to download, the method that you are using to download, kodi it's so big

(2015-07-21, 12:03)TMDaines Wrote: 2) The GUI either being unresponsive, not functioning properly or the application just crashing after a video completes. Plenty have documented this one.

I have gone back to vanilla Kodi for the time being, but will certainly be back when these can be addressed.

i'm working for the laggy gui after stop with madvr, i will hope to include the fix for isengard dsplayer rc3
Hi,

Can anyone help with this - please??
I'm using the latest RC build from page one, followed the instruction to Warner's instructions (thank you!)

I've swapped my backend to TVHeadEnd running on linux as that uses rtps
Using DVDPlayer everything seems to work fine but not DSPLayer.

TVHeadEnd used RTPS to communication for pvr.
So I'm thinking it will work because RTPS is supported by DSPlayer.....right? nope.... SIGH

From log file snippet below you can see the creation of the filter graph is not working.
The message about "LoadFilterRules Extension "" not found." seems to offer some clue but not sure what that exactly means as there is a rule for rtps in the mediasconfig.xml file.

Snippet of log

23:13:23 T:5852 DEBUG: PVRFile - XFILE::CPVRFile::Open - playback has started on filename pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1970978686.pvr
23:13:23 T:5852 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening:
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
23:13:23 T:5268 DEBUG: CDSGraph::SetFile Successfully added XBMC to the Running Object Table
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Extension "" not found. Please check mediasconfig.xml
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
23:13:23 T:5268 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 0.16ms
23:13:23 T:5268 INFO: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess Loading file. Elapsed time: 24.55ms
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47