• 2(current)
v15 OSD Erratic Behavior
I think I am facing the same issue for a few months.
I use a build from git version on Arch Linux.

I do not see this behavior when fresh starting Kodi. But when I put my display (TV) to sleep and come back to it after some time, I almost always encounter this behavior. The non disapearring OSD problem is usually coupled with an inability to control playback with my remote (through CEC).

I will try to get relevant logs.
There must be something in common you guys are using causing this.

I cant see that issue, I dont user PVR and I most definitely dont use CEC.
(2015-06-29, 17:34)uNiversal Wrote: There must be something in common you guys are using causing this.

I cant see that issue, I dont user PVR and I most definitely dont use CEC.

i don't use pvr or cec and i have it when i use isengard. also, i compared add ons with some others and there isn't anything that stands out as vastly different or the same. no idea. will need to find the time to get the logs and reload isengard.
FWIW I have been having the same bug for months on a Win7 x64 as well, so it's not OS specific.

I think it's related to the code for showing popups from addons or something, it happens to me when I turn off the TV (some popup must happen overnight), but also as soon as a trakt rating popup appears at the end of an movie/episode.
I continue to have this problem even with the latest version of Isengard

Chromebox
OpenElec 5.95.3

link to my log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zBYWy...sp=sharing

here is a video i made showing what the problem is i have described multiple times in this thread. to reiterate - this problem always eventually occurs maybe not as soon as the unit is booted up but it will appear eventually. the problem is the info shown when you hit pause, fast forward, skip chapters, etc will not go away like it should when you hit play. the overlay stays on the screen for a random amount of time and will eventually go away. this is not a skin problem as it occurs in any skin i may use and confluence.

video link:

https://goo.gl/photos/DSByjKWDV1B7K4jn7
(2015-07-21, 01:43)knives of ice Wrote: I continue to have this problem even with the latest version of Isengard

Chromebox
OpenElec 5.95.3

link to my log

here is a video i made showing what the problem is i have described multiple times in this thread. to reiterate - this problem always eventually occurs maybe not as soon as the unit is booted up but it will appear eventually. the problem is the info shown when you hit pause, fast forward, skip chapters, etc will not go away like it should when you hit play. the overlay stays on the screen for a random amount of time and will eventually go away. this is not a skin problem as it occurs in any skin i may use and confluence.

video link:

I would swap out your remote or keyboard or whatever you're using.
hardware problem for sure.

(2015-07-21, 02:05)freebs Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 01:43)knives of ice Wrote: I continue to have this problem even with the latest version of Isengard

Chromebox
OpenElec 5.95.3

link to my log

video link:

I would swap out your remote or keyboard or whatever you're using.
hardware problem for sure.

definitely not a remote problem as it never occurs in Helix and it will occur with the android remote as well. the same thing happens in the original poster's post.

also, i don't even have to use the remote for it to happen. if i "send" a youtube video to kodi with yatse the circular logo will appear on the screen well after the video is playing
well.. this is definitely a strange one. have you reloaded kodi from scratch ?

(2015-07-21, 02:31)freebs Wrote: well.. this is definitely a strange one. have you reloaded kodi from scratch ?

sadly, yes. see post #7

i basically have the exact problem the original poster describes in his videos as well. there are 4-5 of us here that have reported having it thus far and we have no idea why.
I keep thinking there has to be a common setup in between you guys that causes this, but none of you acully post details about your setups and peripherals connected what exactly you are using to compare and maybe isolate this.
(2015-07-21, 07:34)uNiversal Wrote: I keep thinking there has to be a common setup in between you guys that causes this, but none of you acully post details about your setups and peripherals connected what exactly you are using to compare and maybe isolate this.

what do you need? the thread starter posted this:

System:
Git 2015-06-01-c58a7b7
Ubuntu Trusty
Kernel 3.13.0-29
nVidia GeForce GTX 750

and i said i was running the latest version of OpenElec on a Chromebox. what do you need?

i've also compared add ons with the thread starter and we aren't using anything outside of common add ons that are the same.
(2015-07-21, 07:38)knives of ice Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 07:34)uNiversal Wrote: I keep thinking there has to be a common setup in between you guys that causes this, but none of you acully post details about your setups and peripherals connected what exactly you are using to compare and maybe isolate this.

System:
Git 2015-06-01-c58a7b7
Ubuntu Trusty
Kernel 3.13.0-29
nVidia GeForce GTX 750

and i said i was running the latest version of OpenElec on a Chromebox. what do you need?

i've also compared add ons with the thread starter and we aren't using anything outside of common add ons that are the same.

I have the same setup as you Asus chromebox OpenElec running Isengard beta build and Madnox skin and have the same issue mainly when using the pause screen after i unpause film / tv show the info might go after several minutes our if not have to use backspace

Just thought on this might be an OpenElec problem because i'm running same on a windows 7 htpc build same skin and Isengard beta 2 and the problem is not happening on that one
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-07-21, 08:36)wints Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 07:38)knives of ice Wrote:

System:
Git 2015-06-01-c58a7b7
Ubuntu Trusty
Kernel 3.13.0-29
nVidia GeForce GTX 750

I have the same setup as you Asus chromebox OpenElec running Isengard beta build and Madnox skin and have the same issue mainly when using the pause screen after i unpause film / tv show the info might go after several minutes our if not have to use backspace

ok excellent. i like you thought it must be a skin issue initially. then i would switch to confluence and the same thing happens as you can see in the video i posted above.

we need to do more to make this issue known i'm not sure why it effects some people but it drives me insane. its a big problem for some users and hopefully we can figure out what could be causing it or someone can step up with a way to fix it.
Just edited my post as you where posting mate
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I have the same types of problems reported in this post using an Asus Chromebox and a Pulse-Eight CEC adapter. It started after an upgrade to OpenELEC 6 beta 2. After some troubleshooting I eventually did a clean re-install but it didn't fix the issue and had to revert back to 5.0.8 as the setup wasn't useable. My complete setup is:

Asus Chromebox M004U
Yamaha RX-V671 AVR (connected via HDMI ARC)
Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter
Logitech Harmony Home Control Universal Remote (IR to TV -> CEC control)
Panasonic Viera E50 TV
OpenElec 6 Beta 2

I also have an Amazon Fire TV stick connected to the same AVR and TV. Isengard RC2 is installed on it and controlled via the Logitech Harmony paired via Bluetooth. It doesn't have any issues.

So the main differences are OpenElec/Kodi and CEC/Bluetooth control. I will have to try OpenElec 6 on my raspberry pi on the same AVR/TV and see if there are any problems.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Erratic Behavior1