• 29(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
It has a Average Drive Rating of 1300 (PassMark Software) and ranked 1304
http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd.ph...06&id=9315

(incase users miss the post just posted on previous page
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2058915
good information about hdd screws that are needed for hardrive)
(2015-07-20, 15:06)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 11:32)LarrxX Wrote: My latest (somewhat minor but annoying) issue: I set everything up so that I can power the unit on and off with the IR remote (activate the correct settings in the BIOS and connect the receiver to the "keyboard" USB port). And it works, I can power on from complete off state... unless the unit stays off for several hours!

I shut it down (and I mean really shut down, no standby or hibernate nonsense), press the power button on the remote, and it turns back on, as expected. But if it stays off for a few hours, I can't get it to turn back on using the remote (the IR receiver doesn't even flash red when I press the remote buttons, it's as if it's not receiving any power).

I tried looking into the BIOS settings for power saving and other stuff, but haven't found anything that might be the cause of this particular problem.

Any ideas?

Hi LarrxX, I've encountered a remote problem and found that if I use the 'power off system' option then my 260 won't startup from remote, but if I just use general 'exit' and thne shutdown windows itself then the remote works everytime regardless of how long it has been off.

Might help.

Mike
FYI, I reset all the BIOS settings to default and just enabled the "wake on keyboard" option and it seems to be working now. Must have activated one power savings setting too many (and I'm not really up to testing everytihng one by one since it takes several hours to diagnose the problem).
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
If you type in "internal wifi card" in ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=i...d&_sacat=0

they are going for less than £1.5 (ask here before you purchase since I'm not 100% sure that all are compatible)
couple with this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Laptop-2-4-...2c9de1e280
@ £2

you got internal wifi for £3.5 Big Grin

@LarrxX thats awesome news
does anybody know what that header is for thats next to the sandisk drive? it has metal things sticking out
Can anyone recommend some drive cloning software please (preferably free)?
My plan was to clone the current drive onto my now spare SSD when my sata cable turns up then remove the m.2 drive, place it in an anti static bag and put it in a drawer for emergencies.
I've only used Paragon Migrate in the past to clone an OS onto a new SSD but having a little play around just now out of curiosity that program will only allow me to clone the OS partition and not the recovery one too.
Otherwise I suppose I'll have to use the recovery drive I made and install Windows afresh.
Has anybody else tested if their unit works with flirc (to power it on from cold boot)

on the C1 thread wrxtasy posted
"I also use a FLIRC usb dongle mapped as a Kodi keyboard to select boot options. FLIRC can be IR mapped to any spare remote you have lying around the house. It a brilliant piece of Kit."

and now with LarrxX posting that if you reset BIOS and just turn on the setting to wake keyboard ONLY then it succeeds.

Being able to use flirc to boot this up, would be pretty cool, anyone else got a flirc to test?
noggin can you also restest with resetting BIOS and trying again with flirc, thanks
(2015-07-22, 17:49)MediaPi Wrote: Has anybody else tested if their unit works with flirc (to power it on from cold boot)

on the C1 thread wrxtasy posted
"I also use a FLIRC usb dongle mapped as a Kodi keyboard to select boot options. FLIRC can be IR mapped to any spare remote you have lying around the house. It a brilliant piece of Kit."

and now with LarrxX posting that if you reset BIOS and just turn on the setting to wake keyboard ONLY then it succeeds.

Being able to use flirc to boot this up, would be pretty cool, anyone else got a flirc to test?
noggin can you also restest with resetting BIOS and trying again with flirc, thanks
Don't forget to connect your USB receiver to the port marked with a small keyboard icon (in the back). It won't work on other ports!

I'll try and take the time to detail all the BIOS settings on my unit. That's one more thing to add to my ever increasing list of things to write in the review.
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
thanks LarrxX, don't rush the review Smile take your time bud
Actually I wanted to ask something: I keep seing posts of the machine being able to decode something-or-other audio with something-else encoded video with or without deinterlacing etc. Are there any "standard" files I could test performance wise? I'm an extremely total n00b whit this kind of stuff (as long as I'm being able to decode the files on my NAS with 5.1 surround sound, I'm a happy user, and that's the case).
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2051085

was my attempt to summarise the testing links for the new Linux code, there is a link in it to the samples, and a couple of posts below that link there is the two 4K samples.
(2015-07-22, 18:06)john321 Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2051085

was my attempt to summarise the testing links for the new Linux code, there is a link in it to the samples, and a couple of posts below that link there is the two 4K samples.

Ok thanks, I'll look into it.
On the subject of powering up (keyboard or remote) I never expected my cheap £4:50 RC to work but was a little disappointed to find my wireless keyboard and mouse wouldn't either when I first got the unit.
Now the keyboard and mouse work perfectly for starting it up, I haven't changed that bios setting since first getting the unit and the only thing I've changed which should have no bearing on the issue is changing Windows power settings so that the power button powers off the unit rather than putting it to sleep.

Its a kindly weird bios though, today I changed it to give post messages, hey call me old fashioned but I miss that familiar beep when I power on a PC, I still don't get that beep though DOH! But rather than what I expected of a few seconds longer boot time it appears to have got quicker, so much so I just put a stopwatch on it and using Launcher4kodi from power on to Kodi accepting RC inputs is 18 seconds!
LMAO haha stammie, getting the stopwatch out classic! but seriously 18 seconds? didn't noggin manage 24 seconds for openelec. your getting this from windows? thats awesome. and I can understand when your used to something and the familiarity is nice.

stammie are you using the LG kr400 thing?
SATA cable update. Ordered two. One from Lamdatek and one a repeat order from HP. HP have suggested delivery in early August at the earliest. Lamdatek have just emailed with a revised delivery date of sometime in September.
Thanks for update noggin, so it seems that Lambdatek just order from HP acting as a middleman and charging you for it lol, can you cancel Lamdatek?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2