• 30(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
(2015-07-22, 20:16)noggin Wrote: SATA cable update. Ordered two. One from Lamdatek and one a repeat order from HP. HP have suggested delivery in early August at the earliest. Lamdatek have just emailed with a revised delivery date of sometime in September.

I've also ordered one from lamdatek, I ordered on the 12th July, I emailed them yesterday to get an eta, they emailed back saying the 30th July, I will believe it when I see it.

I cant believe how difficult it is to get one of these cables.
update to the screws
Quote:Regarding the screws that I used to secure the 2.5" hard disk, they were a set of M3 x 5mm (I think) that I had in my odds-n-ends box. The key factors are the thickness of the washers (2mm all round to snugly fit in the plastic frame), and having fairly large domed heads on the screws, as they're the part that clips into the frame (the washers are just spacers between the disk and frame).
Regards,
Charles.
Just checked my HDD and it has about 5-6mm depth inside the case, the washers take 2mm, so I would say get a 6mm bolt to give you 4 mm inisde the case.
£1.45 for 10 @ 6mm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-PACK-A2-STA...338460ff21

The ebay washers I linked to won't do because the inner diamter is to small for M3
so the tried and tested Maplin will do
£2.99
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/anti-vibration-washers-a26gf

so thats £4.44 (unless you can get your own screws)

(this is an update to this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2058915)

so now users that are wanting to get screws have an affordable option.
Thanks. How many washers in Maplin pack?
Methanoid, its a pack of 50 (maplin doesnt state it but Charles brought them and said its a pack of 50)
Methanoid have you decided to buy one now?
(2015-07-22, 20:36)Speighty Wrote:
(2015-07-22, 20:16)noggin Wrote: SATA cable update. Ordered two. One from Lamdatek and one a repeat order from HP. HP have suggested delivery in early August at the earliest. Lamdatek have just emailed with a revised delivery date of sometime in September.

I've also ordered one from lamdatek, I ordered on the 12th July, I emailed them yesterday to get an eta, they emailed back saying the 30th July, I will believe it when I see it.

I cant believe how difficult it is to get one of these cables.

I get the feeling they EOLed the box, and had zero interest in upgrades from corporate customers, so no demand and thus no supply. Then a whole bunch of us latch on to the platform and want them...
(2015-07-22, 18:23)stammie Wrote: On the subject of powering up (keyboard or remote) I never expected my cheap £4:50 RC to work but was a little disappointed to find my wireless keyboard and mouse wouldn't either when I first got the unit.
Now the keyboard and mouse work perfectly for starting it up, I haven't changed that bios setting since first getting the unit and the only thing I've changed which should have no bearing on the issue is changing Windows power settings so that the power button powers off the unit rather than putting it to sleep.

Its a kindly weird bios though, today I changed it to give post messages, hey call me old fashioned but I miss that familiar beep when I power on a PC, I still don't get that beep though DOH! But rather than what I expected of a few seconds longer boot time it appears to have got quicker, so much so I just put a stopwatch on it and using Launcher4kodi from power on to Kodi accepting RC inputs is 18 seconds!

stammie, would you be kind to share your bios settings, I have enabled the wake from keyboard thing which does not work on my logitech k400 wireless keyboard only with the default keyboard. Also mine takes 34 seconds from pressing the button to be in kodi using launcher4kodi...no where near 18 seconds. When do you start the timer?
My thoughts exactly noggin, still though you'd think if they had huge surplus of stock (ebuyer selling at a further reduction to £94) they would have had a some stock of these.

well saying all this, I read that cjed (on hukd) got his after 3 weeks wait, and then the deal was up for about week before kodi members found out so the supply depleted in that time. Wonder how much stock they had to offload.
Mediapi yeah I am about to flub it.
flub it lol, I like that phrase, report back on what they offered yo!
It was a mobile typo for Flubit
I also flubbed it Smile Been offered £82.68 inc delivery via Fireworks Direct.
Very tempted (this will be my second one, first one was from Ebuyer for £99.00 and thought that was a bargain!)
Go for it. I have too many boxes already but would happily have these in every room in the house.

Ps got the keyboard working now just to improve the start time.
yes mark, awesome news. What did you do different?

I love the name xbox 360

can we all start calling this box
HP260

sounds alot better than HP 260 G1, what does the mob think?

also I hear by term it "flub it" or "flubbed it" Big Grin

thanks Mark, I'm sure it'll come in handy to try for other members Smile
Not sure to be honest. I reset everything to default and it worked.
(2015-07-22, 21:10)Mark142 Wrote: stammie, would you be kind to share your bios settings, I have enabled the wake from keyboard thing which does not work on my logitech k400 wireless keyboard only with the default keyboard. Also mine takes 34 seconds from pressing the button to be in kodi using launcher4kodi...no where near 18 seconds. When do you start the timer?

Off of the top of my head the only bios settings I've changed has been to enable the wake from keyboard one, wake up from lan and enable post messages.
The enable post messages hasn't changed anything except I've noticed that if my tv is on when I first switch power on to the HP from the wall socket there is a very brief 3 lines of messages that display on the screen, I haven't determined what they say because they come on then go off too quickly, but this leads my uneducated brain to believe that this machine even in what we believe to be powered off isn't so and is in a deeper than normal hibernation mode.

As for the boot time I timed it from pressing the keyboard to Kodi accepting RC inputs, the only thing I can say for this is that apart from Kodi, Launcher4kodi and Windows required updates I have nothing else installed or enabled, as this is a 95% Kodi use box I've even turned off any anti virus or malware protection until I can setup some additional internal storage.

I'm a bit short of time for the rest of the week but I'll look into my exact settings over the weekend for you
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2