• 64(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Oh, I thought XySubFilter was enabled in the Starter Kit files. According to the configuration thread, you need not modify the config files to get LAV Filters and XySubFilter working:

Quote:The DSPlayer Starter Kit contains configuration files for LAV Filters and XySubFilter. All required filters have been added along with the correct selection of filters for each file type. These files: mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml should be unpacked and moved to the following location:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer

Note: Any future media or filter rules created in the DSPlayer menus will alter these files in the userdata folder. If using LAV Filters and XySubFilter, making changes to the provided files should be unnecessary.
I just remote desktopped to my HTPC and put some fresh Starter Kit config files in the right directory. The Starter Kit config files appear not to have XySubFilter configured as the subs filter. I manually set XySubFilter as the subs filter have got things working.

Everything now appears to be working fine with Reclock (and probably with the default audio renderer too). Subtitles are appearing, even when freshly downloaded!
(2015-07-22, 00:26)aracnoz Wrote: UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer 15.0 Final

some important fixes and improvement are made with this build
  • no more lag while using madVR thx to new "low latency mode"
  • adjust refresh to match fps now properly works also if configured only in madVR tryicon, at media stop the original refresh will be restored
  • solved the issue with high gpu load while pause
  • solved the issue with the Kodi GUI that could runs slowly or unresponsive after several played/stopped videos with madVR
  • solved some textures issue after completes a video in ffw

this build of dsplayer it's fully compatible only with madVR v0.88.18+ so pls update to latest madVR, older versions still works but since madvr manages the pause state in a new way it's not guaranteed the proper functioning at 100%

links at first page

p.s.

speaking about the new "low latency mode" i would put the focus on an important aspect

when we play a video with madvr opening the stats with ctrl+j we should see present queue 7-8/8 (with default settings) if there isn't any element of the kodi gui visible/rendered on the video, in this moment the "low latency mode" it's disabled and everything works as he should

when some element of kodi appears then automatically the "low latency mode" it's enabled and the present queue goes down to 1-2/2

this it's the correct behavior, so pls report if you notice that with kodi gui element visible on the screen the present queue remain at 7-8/8 or if with each element of kodi hidden the present queue it's still lock to 1-2/2

in the todo list remains to update the kodi gui to manage the new scaling algorithms added recently in madVR but until the hard work of madshi on this it's finished and released the new mvrinterface it's impossible to me

ciauz

ill be waiting for the proper full release aka when you and madshi got the scaling algorithms added with the new mvrinterface and the incorrect render times fixed
I would not hold my breath. madVR is changing weekly, it seems to be impossible to keep up with it. I moved away from dsplayer madVR settings integration and started configuring madVR directly via profiles. Low latency OSD alone is worth the upgrade, incorrect render times is a minor issue and I think madshi will fix it quickly.
(2015-07-23, 16:01)a11599 Wrote: I would not hold my breath. madVR is changing weekly, it seems to be impossible to keep up with it. I moved away from dsplayer madVR settings integration and started configuring madVR directly via profiles.
Agreed. IMHO its better to configure madVR via the tray icon, rather than through the DSPlayer Kodi GUI
well i can see where you guys are coming from , but id like the option to be able to for sakes of convenience , not to mention incorrect render times isnt something minor when it comes to perfomance testing , for me atleast, as you said it shouldnt be too long

till these are fixed and released and am sure i can wait the extra week or so , since isengard dsplayer was broken until now there really is no rush , wait for the complete thing , then go and get the goods, i guess after all the years of waiting for madvr dsplayer ive developed a certain amount of patience until certain milestone builds release and test and use them
Hi!
I tested version DSPlayer 15 final, and I am disappointed...

I am trying to play short files *.mov in a folder.

After two or three files starts flickering - switching from a black screen to repeat a few frames. The sound plays normally.
Log http://xbmclogs.com/p9zwemqr3

I tried to make a log when madvr flickering (pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+PAUSE/BREAK when crash/freeze) - but nothing like the log is not found.
Bomeranger, which version of madVR are you using?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-07-23, 12:41)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 11:45)ashlar Wrote: Hi aracnoz, I see that LAV Audio takes its Audio Delay value from Kodi's settings. What I don't understand is that I see the value (when calling LAV Audio through the DSPlayer filters entry in video menu, while playing a video) changing by itself, with no apparent reason.

It doesn't appear to honor the latency settings one can insert in advancedsettings.xml, for instance:

Code:
<latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>105</delay>
    </refresh>
  </latency>

it appears to be ignored. For some videos I find Audio Delay set in LAV Audio at 104 ms and I am sure to never have written 104ms anywhere. Do you have any idea where these values come from? Is there an explanation or should I try to reproduce and attach logs?

if you change the delay from the VideoOsd with a remote or with the keyboard there is a step progression of 25ms, but changing the value of the slider with the mouse can produce a not so regular value and even resetting the delay to 0 it's stored into the db with float value that could be as 0.07ms or -0.012ms etc etc, so it's probably that with these movie where we have edited manually with the mouse the delay you can have a slight difference with the delay set into latency
I've never changed the delay manually. For no movie in my library.
And yet the value in LAV Audio was changed.

(2015-07-23, 11:45)ashlar Wrote: Also, now that we need to have the refresh rates detailed in madVR Display Modes section, I thought about switching refresh rate just with madVR, but then I thought that Kodi might not "know" the refresh rate and fail to apply the <latency> corrections... alas, it seems to ignore them anyway but I'm still curious about that, should we be using just madVR for refresh rate change or is it better to use Kodi and madVR together?

Quote:i prefer to change the refresh only by kodi that works as before, now it's also possibile to change refresh only by madVR, everyone can make the preferred choice
Yes, but I am asking a different thing. If you look at the latency instruction set in advancedsettings.xml, you can see that it's possible to pre-program different delays for different refresh rates. But I don't see LAV Audio complying to these latency settings.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-07-23, 14:34)TMDaines Wrote: Oh, I thought XySubFilter was enabled in the Starter Kit files. According to the configuration thread, you need not modify the config files to get LAV Filters and XySubFilter working:

Quote:The DSPlayer Starter Kit contains configuration files for LAV Filters and XySubFilter. All required filters have been added along with the correct selection of filters for each file type. These files: mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml should be unpacked and moved to the following location:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer

Note: Any future media or filter rules created in the DSPlayer menus will alter these files in the userdata folder. If using LAV Filters and XySubFilter, making changes to the provided files should be unnecessary.

I made a mistake in the Starter Kit for two entries. XySubFilter needed to be added.
(2015-07-23, 21:09)ashlar Wrote: Yes, but I am asking a different thing. If you look at the latency instruction set in advancedsettings.xml, you can see that it's possible to pre-program different delays for different refresh rates. But I don't see LAV Audio complying to these latency settings.

i've 150ms for all videos and 250ms only for 23,976hz/24hz

this is what it's configured in my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<latency>
  <delay>150</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24.01</max>
      <delay>250</delay>
    </refresh>
</latency>

and this it's a part of my debug log
Code:
21:54:54 T:4524   DEBUG: CmadVRAllocatorPresenter::SwapDevice Swapped device from Kodi to madVR
21:54:54 T:4832  NOTICE: Display resolution for madVR ADJUST : 1920x1080@ 23.98 #2 - Full Screen (76) (weight: 0.000)
21:54:54 T:4832   DEBUG: CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreen (windowed fullscreen) on screen 1 with size 1920x1080, refresh 23.976023
21:54:54 T:4832   DEBUG: CRenderManager::UpdateDisplayLatency - Latency set to 250 msec

during debug there are alot of updatedisplaylatency but the latest one just after the refresh change should report the set delay, everything works in my case, obviously the refresh change must be managed by kodi to make it recognize the refresh and then apply the delay

pls report your full debug log, also you can try to change manually the delay with the video osd just to see if there is effect on lavaudio, the delay set in lavaudio tryicon should be the latency set + the delay set manually with the GUI

(2015-07-23, 20:55)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi!
I tested version DSPlayer 15 final, and I am disappointed...

I am trying to play short files *.mov in a folder.

After two or three files starts flickering - switching from a black screen to repeat a few frames. The sound plays normally.
Log http://xbmclogs.com/p9zwemqr3

I tried to make a log when madvr flickering (pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+PAUSE/BREAK when crash/freeze) - but nothing like the log is not found.

you should open madvr stats with ctrl+j while this "repeated frames" occurs and report the "present queue", then you have to try to enable and disable the kodi GUI to see if there is some improvements on the issue
For anyone who used the Starter Kit from the set-up guide from the last 2 1/2 weeks, XySubFilter was missing from the media rules. This was corrected today.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Those who couldn't get subtitles working likely had this issue. That probably includes 1,000 views or so.
(2015-07-23, 10:17)Flotho Wrote: I have installed the new version of DSPlayer with madvr and LAV filters yesterday.
It runs really smooth. My question is now, my picture is really dark?
I try some KODI settings with RGB. With limited RGB i have a blacked crush. With RGB Full, the picture is washed out grey.

My hardware:
Intel Nuc D34010WYK
Windows 10
Panasonic ZT60
Onkyo 509

Have someone an idea what that could be?

It sounds like you need to calibrate your TV for the connected PC. Having incorrect Contrast and Brightness settings for your PC is the likely problem.

You could tweak a few settings in madVR devices section beforehand to see if it gets you anywhere. Try using gamma control with a curve of 2.20. Also, make certain your display is set as already calibrated in the devices section.

As for the color space, I would set it as follows:

(LAV Video) All Output Formats -> (madVR) PC levels (0-255) -> (GPU) Limited Range RGB 16-235 -> (TV) Output as RGB 16-235

Kodi should be left at full range. Your GPU would then convert TV levels before output.

More information on TV vs PC color spaces here.
(2015-07-23, 21:09)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 12:41)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 11:45)ashlar Wrote: Hi aracnoz, I see that LAV Audio takes its Audio Delay value from Kodi's settings. What I don't understand is that I see the value (when calling LAV Audio through the DSPlayer filters entry in video menu, while playing a video) changing by itself, with no apparent reason.

It doesn't appear to honor the latency settings one can insert in advancedsettings.xml, for instance:

Code:
<latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>105</delay>
    </refresh>
  </latency>

it appears to be ignored. For some videos I find Audio Delay set in LAV Audio at 104 ms and I am sure to never have written 104ms anywhere. Do you have any idea where these values come from? Is there an explanation or should I try to reproduce and attach logs?

if you change the delay from the VideoOsd with a remote or with the keyboard there is a step progression of 25ms, but changing the value of the slider with the mouse can produce a not so regular value and even resetting the delay to 0 it's stored into the db with float value that could be as 0.07ms or -0.012ms etc etc, so it's probably that with these movie where we have edited manually with the mouse the delay you can have a slight difference with the delay set into latency
I've never changed the delay manually. For no movie in my library.
And yet the value in LAV Audio was changed.

(2015-07-23, 11:45)ashlar Wrote: Also, now that we need to have the refresh rates detailed in madVR Display Modes section, I thought about switching refresh rate just with madVR, but then I thought that Kodi might not "know" the refresh rate and fail to apply the <latency> corrections... alas, it seems to ignore them anyway but I'm still curious about that, should we be using just madVR for refresh rate change or is it better to use Kodi and madVR together?

Quote:i prefer to change the refresh only by kodi that works as before, now it's also possibile to change refresh only by madVR, everyone can make the preferred choice
Yes, but I am asking a different thing. If you look at the latency instruction set in advancedsettings.xml, you can see that it's possible to pre-program different delays for different refresh rates. But I don't see LAV Audio complying to these latency settings.

This was working fine for me. You may be experiencing audio drifting from content to content. advancedsettings.xml cannot fix this. The delay, for me, was never consistent across titles.
Right, back at home. Subtitles appear to be loading OK now, but I am now having trouble with an audio delay. With both the default audio renderer and Reclock, I am having the same problem where upon starting the video, the sound starts about a second late and the audio remains constantly out of sync by that amount. This is the same either when playing the video directly in Kodi or through PleXBMC.

Can anyone see why from this log? http://pastebin.com/Fxipidbv
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47