• 65(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-07-24, 00:34)TMDaines Wrote: Right, back at home. Subtitles appear to be loading OK now, but I am now having trouble with an audio delay. With both the default audio renderer and Reclock, I am having the same problem where upon starting the video, the sound starts about a second late and the audio remains constantly out of sync by that amount. This is the same either when playing the video directly in Kodi or through PleXBMC.

Can anyone see why from this log? http://pastebin.com/Fxipidbv

What happens when you play the sound through DVDPlayer? Some systems need an audio delay, specifically at 1080p24.
The sound is perfect through DVDPlayer.

Rather curiously I tested another 3-4 files from a different source and they work fine. The files related to this source all have the audio delay when the file is started. I'll try and look for a pattern.
Hi Guys,

Everything was working fine with the previous RC2. However, undated to the latest final, and now I get video layback like its looping 2-3 frames in exclusive or windowed...but if I bring up the overlay like pressing i, then its plays ok.

Any ideas?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2015-07-24, 09:29)oldpainless Wrote: Hi Guys,

Everything was working fine with the previous RC2. However, undated to the latest final, and now I get video layback like its looping 2-3 frames in exclusive or windowed...but if I bring up the overlay like pressing i, then its plays ok.

Any ideas?

K

that's because something it's not working with "low latency mode" in your case, can you pls post a full debug log, and explain in details how to reproduce

used skin, opened menus/dialogs, etc etc

thx
(2015-07-24, 10:23)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 09:29)oldpainless Wrote: Hi Guys,

Any ideas?

K

that's because something it's not working with "low latency mode" in your case, can you pls post a full debug log, and explain in details how to reproduce

used skin, opened menus/dialogs, etc etc

thx

Thanks Aracnoz - will upload a debug and description/overview shortly.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hi Thanks for all the work,

Having issue with 0.88.20 and Latest 21st July Dsplayer build, Isengard Aeon Mq5 skin (mod version for isengard)

Quite strange ?sync issues, monitor loses screen mode, blank screen, monitor inputs shown, sometimes screen back quickly, othertimes green lines.
Would occur during playback but also when browsing menu, with no playback.
Log would show: D3DERR Device Hung

Tried with debug logging enabled -- different issue ?bc of onscreen debug display - would not show image unless I show madVR stats Ctrl-J, remove them and screen paused.

Code:
13:55:55 T:3772  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed
13:55:55 T:5060  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.14)
13:56:01 T:5336  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:56:01 T:2900  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:56:06 T:3772   ERROR: D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG
13:56:06 T:3772   ERROR: CGUIFontTTFDX::CopyCharToTexture: Failed to copy the new character (0x8876086C)
13:56:06 T:2404   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:56:06 T:2404  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:56:07 T:3772   ERROR: CGUIFontTTFDX::CopyCharToTexture: Failed to copy the new character (0x8876086C)
13:59:11 T:3772   ERROR: Previous line repeats 5 times.
13:59:11 T:3772   ERROR: exception in CApplication::Process()
13:59:11 T:3772   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
13:59:14 T:3772   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
13:59:14 T:3772   ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions

2nd Issue:
On Pause - unpause
Pause text remains middle of the screen - skipping forward with seek removes, but until do this remains indefinitely.

Sorry about lack of debug log - will keep trying to capture.

Glenn
I had sound issues with the latest build, some files didn't have sound at all and others worked fine. Reverted to RC2 as it works well.
Refresh rate switching is not working as well as past builds. On my system, the refresh rate is activated and there is a pause before the screen changes. The menu remains visible for a second or two before switching to fullscreen playback.

Kodi will not switch to the correct refresh rate on its own. I had to fill out the madVR display modes.
I took a low quality video on my iPhone of the delay in refresh rate switching -- from 1080p60 -> 1080p24.

Notice the menu is visible for a second before the video switches to fullscreen. Also, the menu is slightly laggy after the video has stopped (I don't think this is noticeable in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizGyB5d...e=youtu.be

I am using:

Direct3D 11 Presentation Path
Fullscreen exclusive mode
Kodi Adjust display refresh rate
madVR display modes active (1080p23, 1080p50, 1080p60)
Force madVR to exit Fullscreen exclusive mode before stop
(2015-07-25, 05:49)Warner306 Wrote: I took a low quality video on my iPhone of the delay in refresh rate switching -- from 1080p60 -> 1080p24.

Notice the menu is visible for a second before the video switches to fullscreen. Also, the menu is slightly laggy after the video has stopped (I don't think this is noticeable in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizGyB5d...e=youtu.be

I am using:

Direct3D 11 Presentation Path
Fullscreen exclusive mode
Kodi Adjust display refresh rate
madVR display modes active (1080p23, 1080p50, 1080p60)
Force madVR to exit Fullscreen exclusive mode before stop

that's expected if you manages the refresh with madvr because it will change the resolution when the pins are attached so before playstart, i cannot change this behavior with madvr
instead with kodi that manages the refresh it's executed at the playstart, then i also added an option to change the refresh with kodi when the pin are attached to anticipate the process to give more possibility if someone was experiencing some problem, so it's normal

the only one difference with this isengard final build it's that now at stop madvr resets the refresh to the original state that was before any modification, so there should not be differences at playstart, using kodi or using madVR, and there are not in my case, I can see in your video that at stop the refresh it's reset to 60hz so it works i suppose

anyway what happens if you change the refresh with kodi?
it still remain at 60hz?
there is a refresh change to 24hz and then back to 60hz?
this happens also with dx9 presentation?

if your problem it's reproducible only with dx11 presentation should execute madVR in debug mode and then catch a debug log of the two situations and send them to madshi

@GlennNZ

i need a FULL debug log to figure out what happens in each executed thread

p.s. you should activate the debug mode in advancedsettings.xml in this way http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ttings.xml
what is the different between :
DSPlayer Setup: 15.0 Isengard final - build (20150721-e67b8c1)
DSPlayer ExeOnly: 15.0 Isengard final - build (20150721-e67b8c1)
DSPlayer PDB :15.0 Isengard final - build (20150721-e67b8c1)

thanks
(2015-07-23, 21:05)ashlar Wrote: Bomeranger, which version of madVR are you using?
madVR v0.88.20
(2015-07-23, 22:22)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 20:55)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi!
I tested version DSPlayer 15 final, and I am disappointed...

I am trying to play short files *.mov in a folder.

After two or three files starts flickering - switching from a black screen to repeat a few frames. The sound plays normally.
Log http://xbmclogs.com/p9zwemqr3

I tried to make a log when madvr flickering (pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+PAUSE/BREAK when crash/freeze) - but nothing like the log is not found.

you should open madvr stats with ctrl+j while this "repeated frames" occurs and report the "present queue", then you have to try to enable and disable the kodi GUI to see if there is some improvements on the issue
After pressing ctrl+J, I see a normal video playback. Сlose madvr stats with ctrl+j - again see "repeated frames" video.

all as in the post when we play a video with madvr opening the stats with ctrl+j we should see present queue 7-8/8 (with default settings) if there isn't any element of the kodi gui visible/rendered on the video, in this moment the "low latency mode" it's disabled and everything works as he should

but without " any element of the kodi gui"
I am now pretty happy with my setup. madVR, Reclock and XySubFilter are all working correctly and my content looks great.

I have madVR set to offer display modes of 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50 and 1080p60 all of which are refreshing correctly with my Samsung 32F5000 TV. I have two madVR profiles: one for most content and one for content with a frame rate greater than 30, e.g. from 720p50 European HDTV broadcasts. It took me a while to work out why I was having so much stuttering with 50fps content, but of course there are more frames to process, so there is less available time for each one. I therefore needed a less resource-intensive profile for these video files.

Questions:

1) I need to do some more experimentation but cannot currently get 25 to 24 fps working the way I would like with Reclock and madVR. I'd like to get 25fps stuff playing back at 24fps in 1080p24, but keep 50fps playing back in 1080p50. The 25fps to 24fps conversion is working sweetly, when I delete the 1080p50 display mode from madVR and turn smooth motion off. 50fps content is then being pushed into 1080p60, unfortunately. As I'm writing this, I am wondering whether I can get around this with a madVR profile?

2) As my HTPC has a Blu-ray drive, I followed somebody's advice from much earlier on in this thread to get DVDs (and it seems Blu-rays) working with DSPlayer using DVD Navigator. They too work fantastically well from my limited testing. My only issue is with Blu-rays, whereby launching the disc gives you no sort of option to choose which playlist you want to play or any sort of onscreen menu. This is no matter what your menu settings are under Video > Discs. I know Kodi only has limited Blu-ray menu support, but I am getting nothing right now at all with DSPlayer. Any suggestions?

3) I am still having an audio delay issue with a couple of files, but this appears to be limited to all the episodes of the same series and have not yet found any other files with same problem. Essentially the video starts but the audio comes in only a few seconds later. Strangely, if the video is launched part way through the file does not necessarily have a problem. I will post another log or two, as well as MediaInfo specs to see if anyone can advise on the possible issue.

4) One final thing that I cannot get working with this build is Airplay. Is Airplay knowingly broken? I wanted to stream from the official iOS YouTube app, but no luck. Nothing appeared on screen. I did get Spotify going eventually though. Is there some config that I need to do to route it to DVDPlayer perhaps?
(2015-07-25, 09:22)aracnoz Wrote: @GlennNZ

i need a FULL debug log to figure out what happens in each executed thread

p.s. you should activate the debug mode in advancedsettings.xml in this way http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ttings.xml

Thanks. Was unsure about d3derr hung cause so deleted and reinstalled everything I could.
Updated video driver and reinstalled video driver.
Ran windows update (a bit overdue given htpc - tend to leave off)
Reinstall latest dsplayer build.

On doing so - seems better, no hung errors as yet. . . . Have tested for a couple of hours.
It seems similar non-dsplayer build were having similar errors and the Dx11 branch seemed to solve.

How does this build fit with dsplayer?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274

&
Refresh rate
Have switched off in Kodi and selected via rates in MadVR
Turn of FSE on stop enabled
D3d11 selected.
Single d311 path in MadVR (this seemed to help)

Similar to Warner - takes a bit of time - will experiment with options a bit more

Thanks

Glenn
Zoom isn't working on the recent release, either from my remote or the UI.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47