[RELEASE] Library Editor script
Noob here, I have the Aeon Nox skin enabled but cannot see how I can access this feature?
It's not available on the repo version yet, only the git version.

Press 'c' key on an entry(tv show, movie, etc).
(2013-03-11, 18:06)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 17:49)huviolan Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 20:52)phil65 Wrote: i wrote a small script which uses JSON to manipulate the database info.
pretty much every database info can be edited.
only for movies atm, will probably extend it to episodes / etc

https://github.com/phil65/script.libraryeditor

Usage:

RunScript(script.libraryeditor,DBID=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

that will open a popup where you can choose what to edit.

You´ll have to use " / " to seperate genres etc.

can be integrated into dialogvideoinfo and / or context menu.

cheers.

Hi Phil65
Thanks for the scripts! It is what I was looking for!!
But what it´s not so clear for me is the way of integrating it to the Aeon Nox skin (the one I am using, in the version 4.0.9)
Could you please give some more detailed idea about what you mean when you say "can be integrated into dialogvideoinfo and / or context menu" ??. How should I do that??
Sorry for my really basic question ( I suppose) but I am really new to the XBMC world, and I'll really apreciate your help on this, so I could use your script on it.
I´ll wait for your comments.
Regards and thanks in advance!

wait for the next version. it will be included then.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a new version has been released yet. How could I make this work in the current version. I love the skin and having an option to edit data and genre info for movies within XBMC would be awesome.

THanks for your hard work.
(2013-06-22, 16:43)tungmeister Wrote: Could Sort title please be added to the list of editable items for movies?

Please.
Hi together,

I'm really not an expert using scripts and so on.
I'm using Aeon MX skin in Frodo.

What I have to do, to make this db editor work within XBMC?
Have I place the script in which place in the XBMC folders?
Have I change settings within the script?
Hi, now I get the Editor run with the Cirrus ext. V3 Skin.
Would it be possible in the future to click/select as multiple choice through e.g. Genres?
Reason: I use normally until 7 own genres for each movie out of around 30 own genres.
In your solution genres input is free text. This causes user input errors. Also is missing an overview about all the genres in order to select several of them.
I can not get it to work with the audio library and TV series.. as the skin using the Ace
With the film works perfectly
Is it available for Gotham?

Edit : I was wrong, I meant, "Is there going to be an update for HELIX
(2013-10-23, 16:17)japes Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 16:43)tungmeister Wrote: Could Sort title please be added to the list of editable items for movies?

Please.

I've just come across this script add-on and found this to be the only (and one of the most important things) missing from it. Is this script still supported?

If not, I know in the default.py the list of items the script looks for to edit is as follows,

Code:
self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(369),"title" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20376),"originaltitle" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(345),"year" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(515),"genre" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20417),"writer" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20339),"director" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(202),"tagline" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(207),"plot" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(203),"plotoutline" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(13409),"top250" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20457),"set" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20459),"tag" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(21875),"country" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(572),"studio" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20074),"mpaa" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(20410),"trailer" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(567),"playcount" )
            self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(563),"rating" )

Theoretically you'd just need to add 1 more like of "self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(XXXX),"sorttitle" )" but I don't know where to find the LocalizedString number for the sorttitle. Might anyone know?

Thanks!
Not sure it's needed in this script as edit title & sort title are available from within kodi.
Context menu>Manage>edit sort title.

All kodi's local strings should be in a addon package located in the kodi install dir /addons/resource.language.en_gb /resources/strings.po (default lang pack).
Sort title is '171'.
(2015-07-26, 04:25)Steveb Wrote: Not sure it's needed in this script as edit title & sort title are available from within kodi.
Context menu>Manage>edit sort title.

All kodi's local strings should be in a addon package located in the kodi install dir /addons/resource.language.en_gb /resources/strings.po (default lang pack).
Sort title is '171'.

Thank you for your response. I know that sort title is available through the context menu but all these other options are not. My goal is to have 1 button in the video information screen to be able to edit all this information, which this add-on will do, save for the sort title.

Unfortunately my theory did not work in reality. I added the extra line to the default.py file with the string you've noted and it produced an error with the script. The error continues if I delete the line and re-save the file as well. I have to copy in a fresh version of the original file and restart Kodi to get the script to work properly again, without the sorttitle option of course.
I just tried adding the line..
self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(171),"sorttilte" ) . It didn't throw a error but it just goes into a select action loop.

That's because it's not that simple, you would also need to edit 'def _choose_action( self,actionstring ):' function.

PHP Code:
elif actionstring == "sorttitle" :

self._edit_db_string(xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.xxxxx'),self.TYPE,"sorttitle"

Unfortunally I dont think there is a InfoLabel for 'sorttitle' (listItem.xxxxx). I could be wrong Smile
So I don't think its possible.

Edit got it working with..

PHP Code:

self._edit_db_string("",self.TYPE,"sorttitle"

The sort title edit line is blank, but I can't find any ref to sorttitle infolabel.

here is the code
Pastebin code
(2015-07-26, 05:32)Steveb Wrote: I just tried adding the line..
self._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(171),"sorttilte" ) . It didn't throw a error but it just goes into a select action loop.

That's because it's not that simple, you would also need to edit 'def _choose_action( self,actionstring ):' function.

PHP Code:

self._edit_db_string(xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.xxxxx'),self.TYPE,"sorttitle"

Unfortunally I dont think there is a InfoLabel for 'sorttitle' (listItem.xxxxx). I could be wrong Smile
So I don't think its possible.

Edit got it working with..

PHP Code:

self._edit_db_string("",self.TYPE,"sorttitle"

The sort title edit line is blank, but I can't find any ref to sorttitle infolabel.

here is the code
Pastebin code

Thanks for looking into this. For some reason when I make the same changes I just keep getting a Library Script Error. I am not sure why but will check the log.

Anychance you can post your default.py file so I can see if that works?

Edit - This is the error from my log.

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('unexpected indent', ('C:\\Users\\Dave\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.libraryeditor-master\\default.py', 45, 3, '\t\t\tself._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(171),"sorttilte" )\n'))
                                            IndentationError: ('unexpected indent', ('C:\\Users\\Dave\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.libraryeditor-master\\default.py', 45, 3, '\t\t\tself._AddToList( xbmc.getLocalizedString(171),"sorttilte" )\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Looks like a indentation/tab error, if using notepad++ set to replace tab with space in settings.

Here is my default.py
default.zip
OK got the sort title to come up (without errors) in the options list. But it doesn't seem to access the actual sorttitle from the metadata. So getting there but not quite arrived yet.

Thanks for all the help to this point though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library Editor script3