• 142(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-07-26, 09:46)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 09:43)sualfred Wrote: Would be useful for skinners. Any plans to add it?

No, Addon = Content-Provider. What is your intention, especially if skinners need it, wouldn't other addons need this kind of support also?
I use some lists for widgets and if I'm not logged in I'll get content provider "un
known kind" errors. I just want to disable that widget contents for that case.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-07-26, 10:09)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 09:46)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 09:43)sualfred Wrote: Would be useful for skinners. Any plans to add it?

No, Addon = Content-Provider. What is your intention, especially if skinners need it, wouldn't other addons need this kind of support also?
I use some lists for widgets and if I'm not logged in I'll get content provider "un

I must ask again, how often trigger these widgets the addon? I'm really concerned about the quota it his case. If it's not this skin, maybe some other skin, requesting over and over again data, which is only displayed but not used. We have nothing from that but only a nice looking gui and a maybe disabled addon.
Also which call do you use for which you need the login?
only once the skin is loaded or if the content is going to be changed. I took care of the quotas. No need to worry Wink
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-07-26, 10:14)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 10:09)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 09:46)bromix Wrote: No, Addon = Content-Provider. What is your intention, especially if skinners need it, wouldn't other addons need this kind of support also?

I must ask again, how often trigger these widgets the addon? I'm really concerned about the quota it his case. If it's not this skin, maybe some other skin, requesting over and over again data, which is only displayed but not used. We have nothing from that but only a nice looking gui and a maybe disabled addon.

The news about a single API key being used for all copies of this addon is simply horrifying. I can understand now how certain arbitrary limitations are creeping into the final versions.

This is to punish the software developers for end user behavior, so that they keep their software in check before it's released. This "quota partitioning system" for applications is absolutely disgusting, and corporate-cold.
(2015-07-27, 14:25)codekrash Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 10:14)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 10:09)sualfred Wrote: I use some lists for widgets and if I'm not logged in I'll get content provider "un

The news about a single API key being used for all copies of this addon is simply horrifying. I can understand now how certain arbitrary limitations are creeping into the final versions.

This is to punish the software developers for end user behavior, so that they keep their software in check before it's released. This "quota partitioning system" for applications is absolutely disgusting, and corporate-cold.

It's more for lazy developer who shouldn't develop at all Wink Google/YouTube has to deal with the whole traffic and we are using the infrastructure for free...so if you were Google you would do the same thing Wink I would at least.

But I saw some code regarding YouTube which should be banned or forbidden...better...the dev. shouldn't use a keyboard ever again, that's why we have to deal with a quota...in APIv2 there wasn't really one...but more and more devs. programmed terrible YouTube adaptations which literally burned resources for nothing, so we got a strict quota system with APIv3.

Just remember the hijacked key a few month back..just a trailer search for some magical script for some super duper skin was able to deplete the whole quota in one day (in the week where people should be at work ^^)!
> if you were Google you would do the same thing

I am not naive about this. I know all of them do it. Amazon at least, and extensively throughout the industry, not to say it's not nasty as fuck or that the result isn't less "consumer friendly".

They want to control (obviously for profit)

it's an unauthenticated token, of course it will be used for shenanigans, and to track "rogue" applications, again, I can't stress enough that it's all about control, and the only way around the bullshit nowadays is to become a resentful developer and trick the easily tricked control structure.

ONLY the "bad guys" get the privilege of "large" datasets - only they're bad because they want better functionality? what?

concerning the industry as a whole, how about that serious lack of sort (and sometimes even search), missing filtering, tiny lists etc. This is standard bullshit for profit saving because fucking stupid cunt-bag users don't even know what they're missing, PROFIT

also, large datasets are so much harder to search and sort with, and youtube is fucking HUGE

sometimes a company will have the slight nerve to say that filter/sort/search are "business features". Users don't appreciate how much resource it takes to have these features, nor do they even pout when it's missing. If you don't ever let them have it, then they won't ever want it (even when they might or should) It's one of those things that if the CEO were to give the no-ROI features to the users they would be fired/sued, in spite of his/her principle. you get no ROI or "good guy points". It's like anonymously donating to charity (pure charity).

I had the notion that this also corporately applies to Youtube and thus your plugin. I just wanted to make sure.

RANT COMPLETED!!!!!
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, though, not new to Kodi.
I'm running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC as my OS. Every time I try to open the Youtube Addon I get the script failed error.
Any help would be much appreciated, I've (hopefully) linked my log file below:

http://xbmclogs.com/p5x3rotbn

Looks like the error starts around line 1317
(2015-07-27, 20:18)ikilledbill1510 Wrote: Hi,

I'm new to the forum, though, not new to Kodi.
I'm running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC as my OS. Every time I try to open the Youtube Addon I get the script failed error.
Any help would be much appreciated, I've (hopefully) linked my log file below:

http://xbmclogs.com/p5x3rotbn

Looks like the error starts around line 1317
Remove the cache.sqlite file of the addons user folder. Also please remove the banned_add-ons (wiki) there is so much running all the time. Seems the database got corrupt because of a crash?
Hello, excellent addon BTW, Im trying to show a playlist to another addon by using the example you made :
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/PL7DBFFA1831EA52D3/

But it show error and doesnt show the list, if I change to this:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PL7DBFFA1831EA52D3

The playlist is played correctly but without showing the list.

Im doing something wrong?
Thanks!
@Bromix:

Unfortunately I have another question about the token / authorising / logging in Blush

I have multiple devices, each with multiple Kodi profiles, and when we have a youtube update that requires requires re-authorising it means I need to go to every device AND every profile to do this. Its quite a big job with many devices and profiles.

Is there any chance that the authorisation details can be stored centrally on each device, so that re-authorisation only needs to be done once per device, instead of once per profile?

In my case they are all my devices, so each profile uses the same youtube login, however the profiles allow for different use cases and/or locations. But I can see a case where other users have different youtube logins for each profile, because each profile is for a different person. So I guess this needs to be taken into account too.

I look forward to your thoughts. THANKS Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-07-29, 14:39)kersian Wrote: Hello, excellent addon BTW, Im trying to show a playlist to another addon by using the example you made :
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/PL7DBFFA1831EA52D3/

But it show error and doesnt show the list, if I change to this:
For that you could give me a debug log (wiki) and maybe know what's happening Wink

(2015-07-29, 14:39)kersian Wrote:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PL7DBFFA1831EA52D3

The playlist is played correctly but without showing the list.

Im doing something wrong?
Thanks!
That's because the items will be added to the current playlist Wink nothing to show. Based on the skin Confluence you will see the playlist on the left panel (navigate to the left)...there should a menu entry called "current playlist"
(2015-07-29, 15:30)jmh2002 Wrote: @Bromix:

Unfortunately I have another question about the token / authorising / logging in Blush

I have multiple devices, each with multiple Kodi profiles, and when we have a youtube update that requires requires re-authorising it means I need to go to every device AND every profile to do this. Its quite a big job with many devices and profiles.

Is there any chance that the authorisation details can be stored centrally on each device, so that re-authorisation only needs to be done once per device, instead of once per profile?

In my case they are all my devices, so each profile uses the same youtube login, however the profiles allow for different use cases and/or locations. But I can see a case where other users have different youtube logins for each profile, because each profile is for a different person. So I guess this needs to be taken into account too.

I look forward to your thoughts. THANKS Nod

KODI profiles seems to be broken. Search this thread and you'll find more problems. That's something which needed to be fixed in core of KODI not the addon. The addon doesn't know KODI profiles.
(2015-07-29, 15:33)bromix Wrote: KODI profiles seems to be broken. Search this thread and you'll find more problems. That's something which needed to be fixed in core of KODI not the addon. The addon doesn't know KODI profiles.

Hmmm, ok, pity. I will defer to you in relation to the fact that they are broken from a technical perspective, however from a user point of view they seem to work all ok for me on Helix 14.2.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-07-29, 15:49)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 15:33)bromix Wrote: KODI profiles seems to be broken. Search this thread and you'll find more problems. That's something which needed to be fixed in core of KODI not the addon. The addon doesn't know KODI profiles.

Hmmm, ok, pity. I will defer to you in relation to the fact that they are broken from a technical perspective, however from a user point of view they seem to work all ok for me on Helix 14.2.

In relation to addons they are broken.
(2015-07-29, 15:49)jmh2002 Wrote:

Some more info on that Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225331
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228690
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225228

There is more to go...
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20