• 12(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Looking great, thanks!
Well, didn't go further in the dialog skinning because I was not satisfied with the design of them.
I made a "huge" rewrite and cleanup of the designer code and layout management.
I totally revamped the dialog management and added some more features.
The dialog panel is no more connected to sidebar and it's now possible to choose where it appears (LEFT, TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM).
I also added an option to choose how the panel opens :

- OVER : display over the opened window (as before)
- PUSH : it pushes and slides the whole window to keep important things still visible (ex of lists). The push function work with intelligent detect of the blocs : for exemple if the Dialog panel is left side and there's no blocs in first column(list, info, art, etc ...), it will only push the non-empty area and stick to the first bloc detected Smile ...)

Of course I added options in the color scheme editor to change the complete look of the dialog panel.
I'ts possible to make it totally different from the other parts of the skin (and give it a flashy background for exemple).

Some "In progress shots" (This will require some time to rebuild all the dialog and fix the new irrelevant navigation due to the new dialog management).

[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Everytime I come here this looks better.

Fantastic work
Quick video preview of the revamped dialog system.

First viewtype is "OVER" (classic over the top slide type)
Other views are new "PUSH" system (pushes the whole window content)

Awesome Jayz2K! I can't wait to try this skin! Smile
This skin is looking better and better! I cant wait for it to come out I know it will be my next default. Smart well designed and fully custimizable. I can see this replacing confluence as the default skin for Kodi. Gets my vote already.
Looks very promising can't wait to test it.
Also nice improvements on the last screens.
Keep up the good work.

I hope you will implement Plex like amber.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Thanks
(2015-07-28, 21:15)dejitaru Wrote: This skin is looking better and better! I cant wait for it to come out I know it will be my next default. Smart well designed and fully custimizable. I can see this replacing confluence as the default skin for Kodi. Gets my vote already.
Thank you. I just want to warn about 1 important point. My code works with a HUGE amount of variables, Skin.Strings and cascading $PARAM's include calls. This makes KODI to handle thousands (yes ... thousands) additional values that requires some hardware power. I have no ways to test it on low end devices because I only use a Design station and a Gaming station for use / dev. But I also have a MS Surface pro 2 that starts to slow down :/ ... That's why I'm sure KOver will never get over confluence which is still a reference for features and reliability on any devices.

Well Jayz, we're here to test if you want Smile

I have an Openelec box and an Nvidia Shield to test on...
(2015-07-29, 19:45)dankerschen Wrote: Well Jayz, we're here to test if you want Smile

I have an Openelec box and an Nvidia Shield to test on...
Hehe ... That was a good try Big Grin
But even if I wanted to, I have written all the parameters manually and haven't made the startup file which writes all of them in order for things to work. And these are the thousands I spoke about. I made a request to Phil65 to try to use the script.toolbox that could make things really easy but didn't get an answer for now. Otherwise, it's a long and boring job I planned to do at the end of the dev.

Wink 
@Jayz2K

This is amazing.
You finally broke the pandora and because of your efforts we can finally have "That Skin"
which should replace Confluence since Confluence looks rather #old and #dull now

Well done!
Would love to test if needed on my Xtreamer / OpenElec
(2015-08-06, 06:45)Toki Wrote: @Jayz2K

This is amazing.
You finally broke the pandora and because of your efforts we can finally have "That Skin"
which should replace Confluence since Confluence looks rather #old and #dull now

Well done!

Thanks.

Quote:Would love to test if needed on my Xtreamer / OpenElec

Soon ! Wink

Tongue 
I have been following this thread for ages, never posting (I'm actually a new-ish user to posting here), but.

Have you gotten to a point where we can try this? Everything looks great! But, as it looks great, it is also teasing us to no end.

Also, as someone else awhile back asked, is the Plex addon supported, or have planned support?

I currently have Kodi running on 12 TV's (32 - 40 inch) and two 55 inch TVs. The 14 total TVs are located on multiple floors in a building, and each is connected to our network via Gigabit Ethernet which houses 2 FreeBSD servers running Plex Media Server. The residents love being able to watch the movies that we've made digital copies off, watch tv, if they have netflix, use that, and other add-ons available for Kodi.

The biggest complaint is the skins, and your skin would solve most of those problems. Having the EPG / Channel Line up immediately available and looking like it does would be a huge help. But having Plex integrated would put this skin off the charts.

So... When can we download and test. Smile Smile
(2015-08-14, 06:05)obsidiancomm Wrote: I have been following this thread for ages, never posting (I'm actually a new-ish user to posting here), but.

Have you gotten to a point where we can try this? Everything looks great! But, as it looks great, it is also teasing us to no end.

Also, as someone else awhile back asked, is the Plex addon supported, or have planned support?

I currently have Kodi running on 12 TV's (32 - 40 inch) and two 55 inch TVs. The 14 total TVs are located on multiple floors in a building, and each is connected to our network via Gigabit Ethernet which houses 2 FreeBSD servers running Plex Media Server. The residents love being able to watch the movies that we've made digital copies off, watch tv, if they have netflix, use that, and other add-ons available for Kodi.

The biggest complaint is the skins, and your skin would solve most of those problems. Having the EPG / Channel Line up immediately available and looking like it does would be a huge help. But having Plex integrated would put this skin off the charts.

So... When can we download and test. Smile Smile

As written in the title, it will be available in Alpha stage for Jarvis Alpha. I know it's a long wait since the beginning of KOver but it's also a long dev. It's now about 10 monthes I work on this (I try a little everyday) and these days I have hard times with my job (summer is a rush period for me). Yes, it reached (almost) a point you will soon be able to try this. If you check often the to-do list, there's less than 10 Windows to code and for a really usable version, only startup and loginscreen need to be done. I still have some fixes to apply (irrelevant nav, missing pictures) and home widgets for weather and music. Other fixes will be done during Alpha release.

That said, a download should be available during next month (if you use a Jarvis dev build or Jarvis Alpha is out).

Concerning addons, again, I won't start to take a closer look to them until KOver will be stable and RC stage. However, most of them use the same layout as VIDEOS, MUSIC, PROGRAM, etc. Some should work "out of the box". Priority is to get everything working fine.

Login screen and LOGO Wink matching made Color scheme.

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18