• 43(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
Guys. Just a quick update. I set mine up the other day. Thanks to all those that helped.

Bluetooth dongle worked, the wireless bluetooth keyboard worked fine, updated all settings .

Think I could do with a better mouse but I still haven't installed my 2gb Ram.
I wanted to ask a quick question, If I got a Nas do you think that would be a good idea?
I would like to stream movies over, music and some word documents etc or would it be better if I got a small usb stick?
(2015-08-01, 17:49)roadie Wrote: Guys. Just a quick update. I set mine up the other day. Thanks to all those that helped.

Bluetooth dongle worked, the wireless bluetooth keyboard worked fine, updated all settings .

Think I could do with a better mouse but I still haven't installed my 2gb Ram.
I wanted to ask a quick question, If I got a Nas do you think that would be a good idea?
I would like to stream movies over, music and some word documents etc or would it be better if I got a small usb stick?

I use a HP micro server running WHS11 to stream movies, works a treat with my HP260, but a good NAS would also do a good job.
I have a synology DS413j nas sat in the office with 12tb of storage in it. WD red drives. Works a treat.
Mine arrived midweek, Set it up today really impressed

I played around with the bios settings and now if I hold F12 down it boots from my usb stick to openelec otherwise to windows

The wireless keyboard trackball I got is a bit hit and miss so far

Thanks to everybody for the advice
Other then the no HD audio issue which I'm hoping can be resolved. The only other problem I have is a bit of noise coming from it. It's almost as if the fan is off axis and its knocking. Can't decide whether to try and fix it or just ask for a replacement.
(2015-08-02, 01:04)KidLoco46 Wrote: Other then the no HD audio issue which I'm hoping can be resolved. The only other problem I have is a bit of noise coming from it. It's almost as if the fan is off axis and its knocking. Can't decide whether to try and fix it or just ask for a replacement.

With regards to HD audio have you tried an alternative displayport adapter? Or a re-install of kodi/openelec?

Make sure your AVR and TV are on and set to the correct input before booting the HP - just to be certain that all the HDMI handshake protocols are happening ok.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Have you had successful HD audio with kodi on another device with your existing AV setup?
I'd also double check the HDMI cable at both ends of the Display Port adaptor - occasionally you get odd EDID handshakes if the cable isn't properly connected at both ends, which means the PC doesn't get a full set of information about supported audio formats, frame rates, resolutions etc. (The actual HDMI audio is carried on the same pins as the video (it is carried during the blanking periods))

The advice about ensuring that the display is on and the AVR is routed correctly before powering up the 260 is also very valid.

KidLoco46 - are you running Windows? If so what audio formats are reported as supported in the sound control panel?
(2015-08-01, 13:37)KidLoco46 Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 10:11)fritsch Wrote: Is posting a Debug Log really that hard? So that you prefer whining? I asked for the log > 2 days ago.

Jees, hardly whining mate. Never had to post any Kodi log files so had no idea how to. Been using XBMC since the early days as well. Sorry, so here it is.

Just noticed a bit on your link saying not to link the whole text so ill remove it in a min if thats OK

Quote:Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/p7kd38bzg

Update : fixed it , after numerous reinstalls I tried installing when unplugged from the amp, and just plugged into the TV. Installed it all, plugged it back into the amp and options were then there.
What are people getting on Flubit offers now?
(2015-08-03, 18:03)Methanoid Wrote: What are people getting on Flubit offers now?

I got £88.85 on Friday
I just got an offer of £88.05 from Flubit, checking for a friend. I actually bought mine through Ebuyer a few weeks ago but the Flubit offer I received didn't give much of a discount at all, in retrospect I should have just resubmitted another demand.
I just took this deal £88 from flubit.

I've tried to use the search function on here abs google but cannot find an answer...does this support cec? If not has anyone used the phase eight adapter to get it to work?
No "normal" pc supports cec. I can't comment on the pulse eight adaptor but users have got flirc adaptor working
pulse eight usb adaptor should work on any usb enabled pc.

The internal one requires a special connector.

When will Intel or AMD or nVidia start supporting CEC on x86?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the replies guys

Is there any links to getting a flirc adaptor working.. this is the first time I've heard of this if I'm honest but I knew I'd need to learn a few new things on this journey.

If I am going to use this as a Kodi box 99% of the time and I really don't need the remote to be that clever (the CEC on the pi has been more than enough in the past) should I just stick with CEC or would FLirc be worth time investing in?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2