• 31(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
I have checked the log

Login ok.

then the system prompts: A registered mobile device is required.What does that mean?
Hello,

I just tried the addon, but I get an error when I try to start it.

According to the log file, it seems like an issue with accented characters :

Code:
10:14:17 T:8680  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:17 T:8680  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.4]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
10:14:18 T:8680   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe8' in position 62: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\501101\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 54, in <module>
                                                xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Notification(%s,%s,5000,%s)" % (utils.plugin, addon.getLocalizedString(30105) ,addon.getAddonInfo('icon')))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe8' in position 62: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:14:18 T:9112   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
10:14:18 T:9112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
10:14:18 T:5600  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I don't know at what step the error occurs. My firstname is Cédric, so there's an accent, but u'\xe8' is "è", I think, so the error might be in some song/album title or artist name, I guess.
(2015-08-03, 09:44)michael_schmitz Wrote: I have checked the log

Login ok.

then the system prompts: A registered mobile device is required.What does that mean?

Check if you have at least one mobile device and total less than 10 devices registered here: https://play.google.com/music/listen#/settings
thx - there is no mobile device registered. Must that be an android device.
I have google music on iPhone. But I do not see a registration of that.

Best
Michael
Hi,
great tip. I have registered my iphone And now ... it works ...Very happy thx

Michael
im not quite sure what i am doing wrong. im using raspbian and i cant get this to install on kodi. says dependencies not met. ive got through the whole thread and tried an older version etc and i still cant get it to down load Sad
(2015-08-03, 16:22)mxx20 Wrote: im not quite sure what i am doing wrong. im using raspbian and i cant get this to install on kodi. says dependencies not met. ive got through the whole thread and tried an older version etc and i still cant get it to down load Sad

You need to install the dependencies listed here:
https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xb.../addon.xml
Mandatory:
script.module.decorator
script.module.requests
Optional:
plugin.video.youtube
(2015-08-03, 10:22)Ced-le-pingouin Wrote: Hello,

I just tried the addon, but I get an error when I try to start it.

According to the log file, it seems like an issue with accented characters :

Code:
10:14:17 T:8680  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:17 T:8680  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.4]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
10:14:18 T:8680   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe8' in position 62: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\501101\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 54, in <module>
                                                xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Notification(%s,%s,5000,%s)" % (utils.plugin, addon.getLocalizedString(30105) ,addon.getAddonInfo('icon')))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe8' in position 62: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:14:18 T:9112   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
10:14:18 T:9112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
10:14:18 T:5600  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I don't know at what step the error occurs. My firstname is Cédric, so there's an accent, but u'\xe8' is "è", I think, so the error might be in some song/album title or artist name, I guess.

Thanks for reporting this bug, I will release a fix shortly.
(2015-08-02, 00:12)CaBrA Wrote: Big Grin You are a genius ! Excellent Music Addon, plus the Youtube thing is really cool! Congratulations.

Rolleyes The bad part: Just a sugestion, let manually update Play Music Library. It would be cool to manually update the library, because if I just edit a MP3 tag I don´t see the changes right away, so I have to wait an hour to see changes...

You can manually update the library by right clicking or pressing 'C' on the 'My Library' menu and selecting 'Update Library'.
(2015-08-04, 05:02)foreverguest Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 00:12)CaBrA Wrote: Big Grin You are a genius ! Excellent Music Addon, plus the Youtube thing is really cool! Congratulations.

Rolleyes The bad part: Just a sugestion, let manually update Play Music Library. It would be cool to manually update the library, because if I just edit a MP3 tag I don´t see the changes right away, so I have to wait an hour to see changes...

You can manually update the library by right clicking or pressing 'C' on the 'My Library' menu and selecting 'Update Library'.

I think that I mixed some terms. I didn't wanted to say library... For example in Google Music website I edit a MP3 tag of a song that is already in my account, when it is saw in this add-on? Right away?
Only after you update the library.
New version with small fix:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.1.zip
- fix for unicode errors in notifications
(2015-08-04, 05:40)foreverguest Wrote: New version with small fix:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.1.zip
- fix for unicode errors in notifications

Thank you, it was indeed the notification text in french ("Chargement de la bibliothèque") that caused the crash.

Now the addon works, and it is very cool. Great work Smile
(2015-08-03, 16:44)Razze Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:22)mxx20 Wrote: im not quite sure what i am doing wrong. im using raspbian and i cant get this to install on kodi. says dependencies not met. ive got through the whole thread and tried an older version etc and i still cant get it to down load Sad

You need to install the dependencies listed here:
https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xb.../addon.xml
Mandatory:
script.module.decorator
script.module.requests
Optional:
plugin.video.youtube

I don't know if the heat and fatigue is getting to me or i just suck.... i cant seem to get the dependencies right...
I looked through the thread really quickly, but i noticed you had this restriction:

2 Factor Authentication Must be Disabled

Which isn't actually true, the plugin supports Google's 'App Password' authentication, which allows the plugin to authenticate, and allows you to see your uploaded music. Read more about how app passwords work here:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for a great plugin, So Thanks!!
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17