• 46(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
Is anyone able to test if the envy cable powers a 3.5 inch drive?
(2015-08-04, 17:46)stammie Wrote: Well my sata cable turned up today, not the one from HP but a longer Envy one from Ebay.
I just folded it over and stuck it to the top of the SSD with some insulation tape, all told it took 8 days to arrive from China so not bad at all for £8:32,
time to cancel my HP order Smile
If anyone is interested this was the one I ordered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301462756004?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I tried to cancel the order from HP as it was due to dispatch on 07/07 and still hasn't, got an email to say they cant process the cancellation as the company is reorganising.
Hello folks, just gone for one of these myself. Got a offer of £86.02 from bespoke offers, and Topcashback has tracked at £13.06 so that effectively makes it just under £73 which was too cheap to turn down really.
That is good. Worthy of a mention on the opening post.
For comparison the cheapest offer I got via Flubit was £90.37 (and that was after a couple of rejected offers around the £92-94 mark). The £86 was the first offer I received from Bespoke Offers so not sure if it would have gone down or up at all if I rejected that and requested again, it could possible have gone lower still but it was cheap enough for me to not want to take a risk. The big advantage was the extra £13 from Topcashback as there's nothing available for Flubit. I've had Bespoke Offers cashback track and pay out successfully in the past so don't see any problems there. Ordered yesterday and got the despatch notice this morning.
(2015-08-05, 10:44)sausage Wrote: Hello folks, just gone for one of these myself. Got a offer of £86.02 from bespoke offers, and Topcashback has tracked at £13.06 so that effectively makes it just under £73 which was too cheap to turn down really.

I never thought it will get any lower than £79, which is silly money for the HP 260 G1, but to go as far as £73? that is crazy money, seriously. thanks for sharing sausage. If you don't mind could you share the exact process you used, i'.e went on this website , done this etc... I've never used cashback and could be helpful for others that haven't also.

(2015-08-05, 10:57)Mark142 Wrote: That is good. Worthy of a mention on the opening post.

agreed, added

Methanoid have you ordered from flubit yet? maybe try bespoke and cashback and see what you get
I just tried it.. Same as flubit but you need to be both a member of topcashback and bespoke offer. Register for both then log into bespoke via topcashback to track the cashback. 15.75% then request bespoke offer to beat the ebuyer price. Does not work with the dabs website. Submit and sit back and wait for the offer.

I'll let you know what price I get. I requested 2Wink
thanks Mark! really usefl information, I'll add to the first post! goodluck
(2015-08-05, 11:49)MediaPi Wrote: Methanoid have you ordered from flubit yet? maybe try bespoke and cashback and see what you get

Not ordered.... but have done so...

FYI, for those who cancelled HP cable orders.. my refund just came through... so they are processing them now
(2015-08-04, 11:51)Methanoid Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 22:49)stammie Wrote: With regard to updating to Windows 10 I would advise anyone to create a recovery disk/USB first (it was a quite simple and painless task to do a fresh install of 8.1 with Bing on my new SSD using the recovery USB I made the other day).
I've also read in several places that you need to first choose to upgrade to 10 then your 8.1 key will be converted to a 10 key, after that you can do a fresh install of 10 if you wish and your new key will be recognised.
That being said I've run into no issues on my Surface 3 which has just been upgraded rather than having a fresh install, sticking to the "if it aint broke don't fix it" mantra I'm going to leave it as is rather than going through the rigmarole of a fresh installation, hard drive space aside this may be good policy for the G1.

I have seen reports of UPGRADES to Windows 10 but no reports of clean install Win 10. Mine upgraded fine and it also re-sizes the Wimboot partition from 8Gb to under 1Gb...which is handy but I would prefer to do a clean install. Anyone done that? I might have used wrong Rufus options when making my USB stick but my 260 doesnt pick up the USB stick to boot from it...

Would be interested to know how much spare space you had prior to your upgrade, recommendation is 20gb?
Glad the info is of use.

(2015-08-05, 11:52)Mark142 Wrote: I'll let you know what price I get. I requested 2Wink

Mark, you might be better off going for the two separately as reading thought the old posts here and at hotukdeals Flubit give far worse prices for multiple units rather than just one (I know it doesn't make sense but that is what everyone has said). As Bespoke Offers is powered by Flubit anyway I suspect you'll get a higher unit price on two that you would for buying two separately. I could be wrong but it seems that's always been the case in the past.
(2015-08-04, 12:10)MediaPi Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 10:44)Methanoid Wrote: FYI, I am getting £92 Flubits.. and perversely.. £193 for two and similar silly price for 3... How can it be MORE than twice the price for two?

we've got the unique insight into what offers other users are getting for a product, not just on a single occasion but over a timeline. Seems like flubit do not favour multiple orders and give you less priority on best offers in a batch order, when using their algorithm.
keep resubmitting orders till you get close to £88. But stocks are starting to get low, we knew that was coming anyway since its end of line product.

Its funny that BT/dabs have had this for £100 also. they must be thinking "why is no one getting it from us"? LOL does flubit get the same deal with BT? has anyone tried flubit with BT? I'm assuming flubit really only work with amazon and on some occasions ebuyer

I used Ebuyer with Flubits and got it for £84, but did have a nightmare getting it delivered.
(2015-08-05, 12:43)sausage Wrote: Glad the info is of use.

(2015-08-05, 11:52)Mark142 Wrote: I'll let you know what price I get. I requested 2Wink

Mark, you might be better off going for the two separately as reading thought the old posts here and at hotukdeals Flubit give far worse prices for multiple units rather than just one (I know it doesn't make sense but that is what everyone has said). As Bespoke Offers is powered by Flubit anyway I suspect you'll get a higher unit price on two that you would for buying two separately. I could be wrong but it seems that's always been the case in the past.
I did not realise bespoke and flubit are the same. I'll see what I get. I can always reject and re submit.
(2015-08-05, 12:41)psionguy Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 11:51)Methanoid Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 22:49)stammie Wrote: With regard to updating to Windows 10 I would advise anyone to create a recovery disk/USB first (it was a quite simple and painless task to do a fresh install of 8.1 with Bing on my new SSD using the recovery USB I made the other day).
I've also read in several places that you need to first choose to upgrade to 10 then your 8.1 key will be converted to a 10 key, after that you can do a fresh install of 10 if you wish and your new key will be recognised.
That being said I've run into no issues on my Surface 3 which has just been upgraded rather than having a fresh install, sticking to the "if it aint broke don't fix it" mantra I'm going to leave it as is rather than going through the rigmarole of a fresh installation, hard drive space aside this may be good policy for the G1.

I have seen reports of UPGRADES to Windows 10 but no reports of clean install Win 10. Mine upgraded fine and it also re-sizes the Wimboot partition from 8Gb to under 1Gb...which is handy but I would prefer to do a clean install. Anyone done that? I might have used wrong Rufus options when making my USB stick but my 260 doesnt pick up the USB stick to boot from it...

Would be interested to know how much spare space you had prior to your upgrade, recommendation is 20gb?

I had about 8Gb I think so I popped a 16Gb USB stick in and Win 10 gives an option to use that for extra space. I think it needs all the space cos it is doing stuff like replacing the 8Gb recovery partition with a tiny one. Anyway, now on Win 10 and happy with that. Unfortunately found out that W10 does not work with drive pooling software (Stablebit, FlexRaid etc) so off to downgrade my server back to 8.1 until pooling s/w gets fixed for the new MS changes.
(2015-08-05, 12:44)psionguy Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 12:10)MediaPi Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 10:44)Methanoid Wrote: FYI, I am getting £92 Flubits.. and perversely.. £193 for two and similar silly price for 3... How can it be MORE than twice the price for two?

we've got the unique insight into what offers other users are getting for a product, not just on a single occasion but over a timeline. Seems like flubit do not favour multiple orders and give you less priority on best offers in a batch order, when using their algorithm.
keep resubmitting orders till you get close to £88. But stocks are starting to get low, we knew that was coming anyway since its end of line product.

Its funny that BT/dabs have had this for £100 also. they must be thinking "why is no one getting it from us"? LOL does flubit get the same deal with BT? has anyone tried flubit with BT? I'm assuming flubit really only work with amazon and on some occasions ebuyer

I used Ebuyer with Flubits and got it for £84, but did have a nightmare getting it delivered.

Which courier service do they use? I have undefined courier in my dispatch order but I do have a tracking number
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2