• 89(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-08-05, 08:46)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius I have one question, have you consider movie-set? If rschiks figures out how to handle movies together with sets then I guess it would be good if you can visualize the set somehow in your view.

The movie sets are no problem. When retrieving the movies I know which movies belong to a specific movie set and how the movie set is called (e.g. The Matrix Collection).
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-08-05, 12:02)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 08:46)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius I have one question, have you consider movie-set? If rschiks figures out how to handle movies together with sets then I guess it would be good if you can visualize the set somehow in your view.

The movie sets are no problem. When retrieving the movies I know which movies belong to a specific movie set and how the movie set is called (e.g. The Matrix Collection).

So If I understand you correctly you will be able to handle movie-set together with the rest and show all movies in same list instead of having movies without set separated like it is right now?
An example:

My movies list:

- Lucy (set id = 0)
- The Bourne Identity (set id = 1)
- The Bourne Supremacy (set id = 1)
- The Matrix (set id = 2)
- The Matrix Reloaded (set id = 2)
- Watchmen (set id = 0)

A set id = 0 means does not belong to a set.

You can do several things:
- Just list all movies as a separate item (so 6 movies). When a movie is selected you can also display its set members (if applicable)
- Combine the movies which have the same set id to 1 collection item. You will then get the following:
- Lucy
- The Bourne Collection
- The Matrix Collection
- Watchmen

Keep in mind that when using filters (like watched status, hide options) they could interfere.
thanks for the explanation.

I would like to have it combined as your example. then it is easier to search and find movies.
In what way would you get problem when watched status and hide options is selected?
The filters watched and hide are applied first. You can have a collection with one movie watched and one not. Depending on the filter you can see a collection with only one movie instead of two. But hey...that's why it's called a filter :-)
(2015-08-05, 15:57)rschiks Wrote: The filters watched and hide are applied first. You can have a collection with one movie watched and one not. Depending on the filter you can see a collection with only one movie instead of two. But hey...that's why it's called a filter :-)

exactly Smile well anyway will you be able to have this combined list in upcoming releases?
(2015-08-05, 17:39)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 15:57)rschiks Wrote: The filters watched and hide are applied first. You can have a collection with one movie watched and one not. Depending on the filter you can see a collection with only one movie instead of two. But hey...that's why it's called a filter :-)

exactly Smile well anyway will you be able to have this combined list in upcoming releases?

Well, in a new view it won't be a problem to add (you can immediately take this in account), for the other views it's different. Mainly to the fact that if you have the collection in your list and you select that collection you want to know about the other movies in the selection (at least I would). Sort of what you see now in the movie sets option. Now it only displays the movie info. You have to do something different then.
This is also the reason why I made it a separate menu option (and also Kodi does that)

The collections putting in the list and remove single collection items from the list is not the issue (I could make a setting for that). What happens when you select that collection is. I haven't figured it out what to do....I have some ideas....

BTW it's on the to do list.
but its not possible to have it like folder structure? when you find a collection set in the movie list, you can then click to go into that folder and display the movie set for that particular collection and when you want to go back, you basically just jump back in the folder structure.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly Smile but we will find out when you have done some changes and I can play with it Smile
(2015-08-05, 18:34)Goliath2000 Wrote: but its not possible to have it like folder structure? when you find a collection set in the movie list, you can then click to go into that folder and display the movie set for that particular collection and when you want to go back, you basically just jump back in the folder structure.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly Smile but we will find out when you have done some changes and I can play with it Smile

Yes, that would be possible, but it's not as nice when it's really integrated in the view itself.
I was thinking for the other views that if it's a collection, and you click on it, you will get a screen similiar to the movie sets view, but on top of the movie view.
Hi both I might have an idea for movie sets so that it can also work in the movies part. Like Richard said you could have a separate movies set and also a option In The movies.

I also like my collections I. The movies part I will try and show you later in rough what I mean if I have time.
@meridius yes please, do so Smile

@rschiks I forgot to mention to you to add chapter selection for movie view in your list, you might wanna add it!?
(2015-08-06, 06:03)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius yes please, do so Smile

@rschiks I forgot to mention to you to add chapter selection for movie view in your list, you might wanna add it!?

I already checked the chapter selection, but it's not available :-(
Sorry I did not have time last night I was busy with other things as I got a solid state for windows 10 and 6tb drive to put in my server.

Will try tonight.

@Richard how's the touch coming on since the last test.
Just need to test it. The code is already in.
Last time it was a review period of 3 days...this time it was 45 minutes.
Version 1.6.1 should be available any minute now.

If you like this app, please leave a review on the App Store!
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8