• 42(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Awesome add-on! Big Grin

When is version 1.0 of LazyTV planned?

Will auto-refresh of the list after having watched an episode be included?
The Real Skimshady
After tinkering with it, LazyTV does demonstrate a serious issue with it's list of random order TV shows when using smart playlists and something changes. I went so far as to create a smart playlist who's only trait was to have other playlists nested in it. In this case, it's one playlist that is 'Every Live Action Series Except Game Of Thrones' (Because I save those to watch with friends) and a second playlist of 'Specifcally Selected Dubbed Anime'. My various random episode series such as Storage Wars, Diners Drive Ins and Dives, Unwrapped, and stuff like that are CONSTANTLY being unselected from random order playback. Interestingly, when the playlist changes, LazyTV doesn't IMMEDIATELY show the loss, it doesn't seem to erase the random order selections until LazyTV has been restarted. Since all of my random order series have their most recent episode watched, all EARLIER episodes are effectively ineligible to even be in a LazyTV playlist once the random order selections has been reset. This is making LazyTV kinda frustrating.
Some of the addons were updated over the last few days and now when I start lazytv I get a script error. Problem is that sometimes lazytv starts afterwards and sometimes it won't.
Awesome plugin!
I have two questions.

When is the database of LazyTV updated and can that be changed?
The reason I ask this is because I want to use the resume feature of an in progress show. When I start to watch a random created playlist and stop watching an episode and want to start a new random playlist the next day (my HTPC runs 24/7) it will not start with the in progress episode. Only after I restart my HTPC I see the notification that LazyTV is updated.
Would it be possible to update the LazyTV DB on start or stop of an item being played?

The other thing is the option to only include certain TV Shows in the random playlist would it be possible to change that to everything except?
I have a lot of shows and add new shows regularly and 99% of the time I want those shows to be in the random playlist creator.
First off... Love this add on!... I've created a list of shows I want to see the next unwatched episode for..
1. is there an option to have the next show episode in my list play automatically? (multiple same show episode auto play works great btw)
2. When the show is over and it returns to my list I can't select the next show unless I use the mouse. (the arrow keys on remote stop working)
Thanks!

1. Sure, just right click on the first show you want to watch, and choose "Play from Here".
For a more refined list, right-click and turn multi-select on, then choose all the shows you want to watch by clicking on them, right click again and choose Play Selection to start them going.

2. Try changing the list view mode to one of the others; Standard, Posters, or Big Screen. See if that helps.
Great thanks! I'm all caught up on my shows so Nuthin in my lazy list... I'll try your suggestions and report back!

One more thing... Can I have more than one lazy list? If so how do I edit and rename them?
A small topic kick, is this plugin still maintained?

Still looking for an answer on the above questions about the database update.
I was able to find a solution for everything except using a smart playlist option.
Look into cloning LazyTV on the last page of the settings. You can then have different settings for the clone.
Hi Rouzax, the list has be left as a White List, as the main purpose of it was to allow parents to restrict the shows that it contained. It would defeat that purpose if the list then added every new show to their kids LazyTV clone.

Instead you can create a smartplaylist with rules like Title does NOT contain xyz.
Hi Karnagious, thanks for the help.

Is there also a solution to let LazyTv update its database automatically?
(2014-08-07, 15:18)echo Wrote: please rename your skin files to something addon specific ... ie lazytv_main.xml instead of main.xml - this is useful for customizing the addon skin (skinners can have their own lazytv_main.xml in their skin folders without relying on the addon skin folder ....as right now main.xml could conflict with other addons)

(2014-08-07, 15:59)Karnagious Wrote: Thanks echo, good point on the file names. They will change in the next update.
Any update on when the filenames will be updated? I keep forgetting that main.xml is a LazyTV file. Smile

Thanks!
(2015-03-29, 03:36)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 02:17)bryanbrazil Wrote: Cool addon! I was looking at editing the skin files to match Mimic, but noticed they use fairly common file names. Any chance of renaming them using script theme naming conventions? For example, main.xml --> script-lazytv-main.xml, etc.

Thanks!

Sure, I will look at that.
Any update on when/if the skin file names will be updated? I also posted in the other LazyTV support thread, looks like they are both active. Thanks!
(2015-08-06, 17:26)braz Wrote: Any update on when/if the skin file names will be updated? I also posted in the other LazyTV support thread, looks like they are both active. Thanks!

(2015-08-06, 09:06)Rouzax Wrote: Hi Karnagious, thanks for the help.

I will try to get on both of those things that today or over the weekend.
(2015-08-07, 01:47)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 17:26)braz Wrote: Any update on when/if the skin file names will be updated? I also posted in the other LazyTV support thread, looks like they are both active. Thanks!

(2015-08-06, 09:06)Rouzax Wrote: Hi Karnagious, thanks for the help.

I will try to get on both of those things that today or over the weekend.

OK, committed the changes to Github. Still need to test it though, but will update official Kodi repo when done.

The skin files have been appended with "script-lazytv-", so main.xml is now script-lazytv-main.xml.

The addon will now refresh the window whenever a show has finished playing. The root data was always being updated, but the window wasnt. This will mean that returning to the window will take longer than is currently the case, as the window is being entirely recreated. Its not ideal, but will work as an interim measure.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4