• 36(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Sorry for being ignorant, but I got a Pi 2 today and installed Openelec 5.95.3 which has the newes Kodi.
But I cannot get it to display my MAKEMKV converted 3D movies.

Is there anything else one has to set up?

I have 3D SBS in the filename, it also shows up as 3D, but when the movie should stast, there is no signal.
I have a Denon AVR, could it be hdmi sync issues?
(2015-08-10, 22:29)3dgeek Wrote: Sorry for being ignorant, but I got a Pi 2 today and installed Openelec 5.95.3 which has the newes Kodi.
But I cannot get it to display my MAKEMKV converted 3D movies.

Is there anything else one has to set up?

I have 3D SBS in the filename, it also shows up as 3D, but when the movie should stast, there is no signal.
I have a Denon AVR, could it be hdmi sync issues?

I'm not sure that build is new enough. Can you try this one:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234678
Thanks, will try it tomorrow.

But what is strange even with SBS movies as soon as I play them, TV looses signal. So soemthing happens when 3D is output by the PI

I mean normal SBS should even run on the version I have got, should it not?
Yes sbs should work. Logs?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does anybody know if there is a player that offers:

simultaneous output of lossless audio through HDMI and lossy audio through optical/coax

This is an important feature for use with the D-BOX motion system in a home theater environment. Currently non-Kodi media players like Mede8er will do simultaneous output but you only get lossy audio through HDMI. My Oppo Blu-ray player is the only device I have found that will meet the requirement listed. I shouldn't have to stick with disc to get the best audio that is compatible with D-BOX.
hdmi optical splitter? same have HDMI/optical/coax out
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Well, I reinstalled Openelc and now 3D works - it is absolutely great! Now I will start converting my ISOs with MakeMKV and probably keep the ISOs in a safe place.

This tiny cheap little machine rocks - so I guess it is goodbye to me A-400...
(2015-08-11, 17:36)3dgeek Wrote: Well, I reinstalled Openelc and now 3D works - it is absolutely great! Now I will start converting my ISOs with MakeMKV and probably keep the ISOs in a safe place.

This tiny cheap little machine rocks - so I guess it is goodbye to me A-400...

I don't get it. I was told that Kodi won't play 3D ISO's, How did you get it to play them?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-08-11, 17:39)patseguin Wrote: I don't get it. I was told that Kodi won't play 3D ISO's, How did you get it to play them?

It does not play the 3D ISOs, but after converting them with MakeMKV, the original 3D stream plays with the Pi2.

Converting is pretty quick and very easy!

MakeMKV
(2015-08-11, 16:33)looun Wrote: hdmi optical splitter? same have HDMI/optical/coax out

No, D-BOX is very picky about the stream and every time someone tries to do that it breaks compatibility. The stream is used to detect which movie is playing and syncs the motion code to the movie that is playing.
(2015-08-11, 17:47)3dgeek Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 17:39)patseguin Wrote: I don't get it. I was told that Kodi won't play 3D ISO's, How did you get it to play them?

It does not play the 3D ISOs, but after converting them with MakeMKV, the original 3D stream plays with the Pi2.

MakeMKV

How does that work? I use MakeMKV but as far as I know all it does is just rip movies from blu ray's.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-08-11, 18:17)patseguin Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 17:47)3dgeek Wrote:

MakeMKV

How does that work? I use MakeMKV but as far as I know all it does is just rip movies from blu ray's.

You mount the ISO and then you use MakeMKV just like it is the original Blu-ray.
(2015-08-11, 18:17)patseguin Wrote: How does that work? I use MakeMKV but as far as I know all it does is just rip movies from blu ray's.

Just click on "open file" select the ISO and then make sure youselect the 3D stream in the programme - that is all.

The good thing is also that the MKV is quite a bit smaller. But ORIGINAL quality.
(2015-08-11, 18:45)3dgeek Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 18:17)patseguin Wrote: How does that work? I use MakeMKV but as far as I know all it does is just rip movies from blu ray's.

Just click on "open file" select the ISO and then make sure youselect the 3D stream in the programme - that is all.

The good thing is also that the MKV is quite a bit smaller. But ORIGINAL quality.

Does that give you a file that will play in Kodi in 3D SBS then? I really hope 16 can play 3D ISO's but since DVDFab is not working at all for me right now, I need a way to rip my 3D movies that I still buy.
(2015-08-11, 19:10)patseguin Wrote: Does that give you a file that will play in Kodi in 3D SBS then?

No, it is not just SBS it is actually the original non compressed or reduced stream of the movie. In other words exactly as it would be on the Blu-Ray.
That is the great thing. You have to name the file SBS so Kodi will pick it up as 3D.

This is perfect especially for branched titles, like Disney stuff - which would be troublesome playing from ISO with a light Menu.

Give it a try, you will be amazed how easy it is and how well the Pi performs.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17