How too on reset or Delete Library
I would like to reset my movies and TV shows delete the library and rescan
Updating or removing videos (wiki)
I would like to remove all Movies and TV shows and then rescan i have to change Hard drives if i rescan it will double all movies and i don't want to go and delete each one at a time last time i just wiped my box but i don't want to do that because of mash up gone i found a way to keep it on there so it won't delete itself if i wipe it i will not be able to install again most everything still works
You won't get any kind of support to continue using your unsupported addon.
But you can go to video-files scroll to the source you want to remove, bring up the context menu [c] & remove source.
Add new source by selecting 'add source'
Same answer, it's all documented on the page Updating or removing videos (wiki). Use the "clean library" option.
thanks for you help i think i got it now
Hi all, I have the same problem but a very strange one. The source is not there anymore, but the files keep living in the Library (I've been messing around too much before....). So I would need to do a "Hard Reset" of the Video Library. How can I do that?
(2015-08-11, 07:12)Nukles Wrote: Hi all, I have the same problem but a very strange one. The source is not there anymore, but the files keep living in the Library (I've been messing around too much before....). So I would need to do a "Hard Reset" of the Video Library. How can I do that?

Two ways. One is to follow this: phantom source (wiki).

The other is to just use the file manager (wiki) and go into the "Profile directory" -> Database -> and delete all of the "myvideos##.db" files. Then restart Kodi. That will completely reset the video DB.
(2015-08-11, 07:27)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 07:12)Nukles Wrote: Hi all, I have the same problem but a very strange one. The source is not there anymore, but the files keep living in the Library (I've been messing around too much before....). So I would need to do a "Hard Reset" of the Video Library. How can I do that?

Two ways. One is to follow this: phantom source (wiki).

The other is to just use the file manager (wiki) and go into the "Profile directory" -> Database -> and delete all of the "myvideos##.db" files. Then restart Kodi. That will completely reset the video DB.

I had a similar issue where I moved the location of my videos (family and music) therefore changed the paths in my Kodi shortcuts.

All was working and appeared well until I had a look in my kodi log, which was full of errors saying information could not be found regarding a video showing the old path and that it would not be added to the library.

Not being sure what the cause was I removed all my video source entries, cleaned my library, BUT still got all the errors reported in my kodi log.

So I deleted all my favourites and all my skin shortcuts thinking they may be the problem, BUT still got all the errors reported in my kodi log.

As you recommended I deleted my MyVideos99.db and all the errors in the log went away.

When I remove all my library video sources and cleaned my library, shouldn't that mean all my old references should be deleted from the kodi library database?

Now I need to re-add all my favourites and submenu options :-(

Thanks for your tip which worked a treat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How too on reset or Delete Library0