• 40(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2015-08-08, 14:15)whinealot Wrote: Should this work ok on Isengard?

I have just done a fresh install of Windows and Kodi and it has stopped adding new movies and tv shows to my trakt collection. Scrobbling seems to work fine though. Have tried with the regular build of the trakt addon and the one in the dev branch.

Here is my log file from Kodi. I just opened Kodi, updated library and it should have added suits s05e07 to my trakt library.

kodi.log

And in my trakt settings.xml I have the option turned on:

<setting id="add_episodes_to_trakt" value="true" />

The logfile you posted looks like you aborted or shut down the pc while updating trakt. The first syc will take the longest time, so you might want to give it some. Or execute it with the process dialog, when you try to start the trakt addon itself.

(2015-08-08, 19:56)therock003 Wrote: Is the v3 available for xbmc12? Cause it list v2 on the addons and appears as disabled for the past month or more and cant trakt any more. I do not want to update to kodi15 at the moment, looking for xmbc12 solution

Nope, that version is still using the old trakt api, which is disabled as of end of june.
And honestly, I don't see value in porting it to old versions and it's probably not what the kodi team would want. As it's preferable for them to have the users on the latest version.
I know its not what management would want, its just i've been having some issues i cannot resolve with kodi 15, so it would work if i could stay on 12 and have this addon. If not then i guess i will have to manually trakt content from website
Does Kodi keep any track of when a file is played and finished in case i dont have internet or scrobble fails, will it get scrobbled later at the correct time playback finished
(2015-08-10, 18:50)therock003 Wrote: Does Kodi keep any track of when a file is played and finished in case i dont have internet or scrobble fails, will it get scrobbled later at the correct time playback finished
Yes it does and when the trakt.tv addon does a full sync they get updated

EDIT: Let me clarify, trakt.tv updates the watched status during full sync, but on trakt.tv recently watched, it won't show the real time it was watched, instead it will show the date of the sync and may show it as manually marked as seen or something like that
If Kodi keeps time though the plugin could scrobble it on the day and time it was watched, not just add a bunch of the files at the time it synced them. Thats why i ask specifically if Kodi keeps time, in some kind of log that trakt could later access
First of all, let me say thanks to you Razze because I use this plugin on a daily baisis and it is so, so reliable! Smile

I do have a minor issue, though, not sure if it's something "fixable" or not. For movies or episodes of which I have multiple copies of (for example, SD / HD, or extended / theatrical), only one of those will be marked as watched from Trakt. For movies it's not so "annoying", because if I list them alphabetically, I can see that one of the entries is marked as watched, so I just scroll along.

For episodes though, it means that specific shows will be flaged as "In Progress" because the episodes that are there twice are not marked as watched, even though I've already watched all the episodes.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough. If not, I can take a screenshot when I get home Smile

I do realise that not many people might have multiple versions of the same movie/episode, but if you can shed some light on this issue, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.
(2015-08-10, 20:45)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 18:50)therock003 Wrote: Does Kodi keep any track of when a file is played and finished in case i dont have internet or scrobble fails, will it get scrobbled later at the correct time playback finished

EDIT: Let me clarify, trakt.tv updates the watched status during full sync, but on trakt.tv recently watched, it won't show the real time it was watched, instead it will show the date of the sync and may show it as manually marked as seen or something like that

Your edit is not correct, it does send the date it was watched. Kodi saves the last seen date (when the watch ended) and that is the one we send to trakt. So it should always be near the time you watched something, even without internet.

(2015-08-11, 11:23)samukas Wrote: First of all, let me say thanks to you Razze because I use this plugin on a daily baisis and it is so, so reliable! Smile

I do have a minor issue, though, not sure if it's something "fixable" or not. For movies or episodes of which I have multiple copies of (for example, SD / HD, or extended / theatrical), only one of those will be marked as watched from Trakt. For movies it's not so "annoying", because if I list them alphabetically, I can see that one of the entries is marked as watched, so I just scroll along.

For episodes though, it means that specific shows will be flaged as "In Progress" because the episodes that are there twice are not marked as watched, even though I've already watched all the episodes.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough. If not, I can take a screenshot when I get home Smile

I do realise that not many people might have multiple versions of the same movie/episode, but if you can shed some light on this issue, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

I'm not even sure how to tag these in kodi and how it handles them.
Can you create a issue over at github?
And give me some file names as examples?

I'm not sure if it is wise to do this for movies, as there is a danger of you watching the normal version and also having a extended one and the plugin would set both as seen.
But we might be able to add a setting for this, if it is doable.
(2015-08-11, 22:21)Razze Wrote: Your edit is not correct, it does send the date it was watched. Kodi saves the last seen date (when the watch ended) and that is the one we send to trakt. So it should always be near the time you watched something, even without internet.

-Are you sure cause i turned off the internet, watched a file, exited, turned it back on, did a manual sync, and nothing got scrobbled.

-And besides that some files have been added to collection lately with 31 Dec 1999 and 1 Jan 2000 lately.

(2015-08-11, 23:30)therock003 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 22:21)Razze Wrote: Your edit is not correct, it does send the date it was watched. Kodi saves the last seen date (when the watch ended) and that is the one we send to trakt. So it should always be near the time you watched something, even without internet.

-Are you sure cause i turned off the internet, watched a file, exited, turned it back on, did a manual sync, and nothing got scrobbled.

-And besides that some files have been added to collection lately with 31 Dec 1999 and 1 Jan 2000 lately.

You might want to check the date on your box. The only time this ever happened to me is when the date on my box was reset for some reason...all newly added files were dated 1 jan 2000
(2015-08-11, 22:21)Razze Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 20:45)aptalca Wrote:

Your edit is not correct, it does send the date it was watched. Kodi saves the last seen date (when the watch ended) and that is the one we send to trakt. So it should always be near the time you watched something, even without internet.

I stand corrected :-)

I guess it's been a really long time since my htpc failed to scrobble correctly.
(2015-08-12, 00:41)RavRob Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 23:30)therock003 Wrote:

You might want to check the date on your box. The only time this ever happened to me is when the date on my box was reset for some reason...all newly added files were dated 1 jan 2000

What box? If you mean the PC the date is running fine
(2015-08-01, 17:17)speeko Wrote: Just fresh installed a new machine with Win10 and isengard.

When syncing movies, it appears to hang on "X movies playcount will be updated in kodi" the number of movies in this case is 305.

also getting the same error and hanging "loading movies from Kodi" screen,

after checking the logs, this seems to be what's happened. It doesn't seem to like movies that the scraper has failed to handle properly. Will run the DB through MediaElch and see if the problem is easy to solve.
(Now just have to figure out how to share the kodi folder / HTPC drive without a keyboard/mouse plugged in ... )
Long time XBMC/Kodi user but new to trakt.tv. I have successfully setup syncing between Kodi - trakt.tv and watch status get updated as expected at the trakt.tv site.

Sorry for this noob question but how do I get the watched status to automatically get synced FROM the trakt.tv site to Kodi? I have found one configuration option that would initiate a sync after a library update in Kodi but as I understand it that option will also make info about my whole TV/Movie collection to get synced to trakt.tv which I don't prefer.
(2015-08-12, 09:46)therock003 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 00:41)RavRob Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 23:30)therock003 Wrote: -Are you sure cause i turned off the internet, watched a file, exited, turned it back on, did a manual sync, and nothing got scrobbled.

What box? If you mean the PC the date is running fine

In Kodi!!! Check your time zone, date and time.
In kodi the dates fine as well
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35