Help regarding FANART Background
Hi

I have 4 folders that make up my movie collection; and I'm using AEON MQ 5. When in library mode, 3 of the folder locations changes the background to go with the movie but one of them does not. It just uses a default one for all of my movies, aaaahhhhh. So I installed kodi on another pc with the same directory and all 4 file locations look fine. Is there a setting whereby you can change the background for a given directory so it does match the fanart to the movie ?

Thanks
http://kodi.wiki/view/FanArt
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Fanart always shows up if there is a video in the immediate folder and it's appropriately named 'fanart.jpg' but if your movies are in a sub folder of the main source folder which has no direct videos then a default is used. If the folder is a sub folder e.g 'Jame Bond' in source 'Action', then a fanart.jpg if present will be used, otherwise the default will be used. Once a the default is used, changing it would require a re-scan of that folder.
(2015-08-15, 23:30)killersurfer Wrote: Hi

I have 4 folders that make up my movie collection; and I'm using AEON MQ 5. When in library mode, 3 of the folder locations changes the background to go with the movie but one of them does not. It just uses a default one for all of my movies, aaaahhhhh. So I installed kodi on another pc with the same directory and all 4 file locations look fine. Is there a setting whereby you can change the background for a given directory so it does match the fanart to the movie ?

Thanks

In Aeon MQ 5, you have options when viewing videos. These are accessed from the top menu while in a video viewmode. On the rightmost tab (drop down) list of the top menu are the art controls for the background.

(Note: these settings can be made independently for movies, musicvideos, tvshows, seasons, and episodes).

Default Fanart: This will display what Kodi returns as ListItem(fanart) (typically either fanart.jpg or movie_filename.jpg, or from a scraped URL but addons could change this in the library). If the library has no fanart assigned, it displays a generic movie.jpg.

Curtains: This will display a fixed jpg of movie screen curtains.

Reserve Fanart: This a folder that you create and contains jpg files (not specific to any single movie).

Extra Fanart: This looks for jpg files in a /extrafanart/ subfolder within the folder that contains the movie file. If that subfolder doesn't exist or is empty, it will instead show the Default Fanart.

(Note2: If you are displaying movie genres view, the fanart used is determined by the genre -- the "curtains" jpg, genre fanart from the Aeon MQ extrapack add-on, or a folder of jpgs you designate, again set from the top menu.)

scott s.
scott967 and PatK
Thank you so much for you help. I'ts people like you that make this Forum Awesome!

All fixed, looks brilliant....yaaahhhh

Simon
I re-read this today and see I made a mistake. So if anyone in the future finds this thread the correct fanart filename is in bold here:

(2015-08-18, 04:32)scott967 Wrote: Default Fanart: This will display what Kodi returns as ListItem(fanart) (typically either fanart.jpg or movie_filename-fanart.jpg, or from a scraped URL but addons could change this in the library). If the library has no fanart assigned, it displays a generic movie.jpg.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help regarding FANART Background0