• 16(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
(2015-06-30, 04:18)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have a query.... Many times after updating my IMDb ratings I end up with multiple titles having the same top 250 number. I can understand if one movie is scraped at #122 then later another movie is scraped and now it is #122 but shouldn't running this add-on fix these anomalies?

so you mean if you run this addon in Top250 mode, two movies will have the same Top250 number?
(2015-06-30, 23:28)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 04:18)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have a query.... Many times after updating my IMDb ratings I end up with multiple titles having the same top 250 number. I can understand if one movie is scraped at #122 then later another movie is scraped and now it is #122 but shouldn't running this add-on fix these anomalies?

so you mean if you run this addon in Top250 mode, two movies will have the same Top250 number?

Occasionally, yes. I'm not able to check at the moment but I know in the past there's been 2-3 instances of 2 movies with the same number after running the update. I will check again and post any anomalies.
Just ran the update and this time there are no duplicate numbers, which is good. Although many of the movies and their rankings are just completely wacko but that's a topic for someplace else.
Any update on the missing commas problem?
(2015-07-06, 06:34)Warner306 Wrote: Any update on the missing commas problem?

you can now change the thousands separator in the settings.
it was not possible to automatically detect the system settings Sad

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.8.3.zip
I am running Android Kit Kat 4.4.3 on Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX, and trying to install 0.8.3. I am getting the message, "add on does not have the correct file structure". Does anyone know why this is happening?
(2015-07-15, 21:14)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: I am running Android Kit Kat 4.4.3 on Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX, and trying to install 0.8.3. I am getting the message, "add on does not have the correct file structure". Does anyone know why this is happening?

sorry, please download the file again.
(2015-07-13, 21:36)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 06:34)Warner306 Wrote: Any update on the missing commas problem?

you can now change the thousands separator in the settings.
it was not possible to automatically detect the system settings Sad

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.8.3.zip

Thanks for the update. The separator appears to be working as intended.
@Jandalf

Thank you for your hard work on this add-on. Would it be possible to add support for IMDB Top 250 TV shows as well?

Thanks
G
(2015-08-16, 10:27)UsefulG Wrote: @Jandalf

Thank you for your hard work on this add-on. Would it be possible to add support for IMDB Top 250 TV shows as well?

Thanks
G

+1

Just found out about this addon, very nice!
(2015-08-16, 10:27)UsefulG Wrote: @Jandalf

Thanks
G

this is not so easy, because Kodi does not store the IMDb id of the TV shows, so I would need to match them by name, which is quite tricky. The whole TV show rating thing is on my list, but I need some free time for it...
Excuse the newbie question, but what's the difference between the data here and the data held by the scrapers? I'm guessing the scraped data is only as up to date as the last time it was scraped (which could be many months ago)?

Thanks
(2015-08-16, 19:51)Hustler1337 Wrote: Excuse the newbie question, but what's the difference between the data here and the data held by the scrapers? I'm guessing the scraped data is only as up to date as the last time it was scraped (which could be many months ago)?

Thanks

yes thats exactly the problem. the data is the same, the scrapers only get the data on first import.
(2015-08-16, 20:28)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 19:51)Hustler1337 Wrote: Excuse the newbie question, but what's the difference between the data here and the data held by the scrapers? I'm guessing the scraped data is only as up to date as the last time it was scraped (which could be many months ago)?

Thanks

yes thats exactly the problem. the data is the same, the scrapers only get the data on first import.

I see, thanks for clarifying. Will definitely download this and hopefully find this useful Smile

Thanks
8.3 is not working in osx (10.10.5) kodi 15.1:

Code:
15:33:55 T:4571271168  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:33:55 T:4571271168  NOTICE: [IMDB Update] - Starting IMDB Update v0.8.3
15:33:58 T:4571271168   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: zero length field name in format
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/default.py", line 63, in <module>
                                                gui()
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/default.py", line 20, in gui
                                                stop = Movies().start()
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/movies.py", line 22, in start
                                                self.startProcess(movies, total)
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/movies.py", line 66, in startProcess
                                                updated += self.updateMovie(movie, httphandler)
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/movies.py", line 88, in updateMovie
                                                elif (imdb.votes() == "0") or (imdb.votes() == "N/A"):
                                              File "/Users/sebas/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py", line 54, in votes
                                                def votes(self):    return "{:,}".format(self.__votes).replace(",", SEPARATOR)
                                            ValueError: zero length field name in format
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:34:09 T:4592009216 WARNING: DARWINOSX: underflow (0 vs 4096 bytes)
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6