• 21(current)
WIP Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi
Awesome work! Love to see the results and maps for motorsports.

Both 2014 F1 and E1 seasons should be complete for any testing. Seems to work well.

I'm trying to re-create the "black screen" bug but its working right now Wink

EDIT: Just a small improvement, but maybe the map button could bring up the map image in a window where the event thumb is right now. I think full screen is a little too big.

EDIT2: I also just found out that the results button shows nicely, but does not recognize TABBED spaces. Changing a tab in the text field to 6 spaces seems to be fine though, I can just edit the results so its not a problem. Also the results screen has "Plot" button, which should be "Results"

Example http://www.thesportsdb.com/event/447330
Hi, any updates? It's been quiet here.
So who's going to volunteer to write the screen files for Confluence skin? Smile

I'm sure we would get more users with that.
Zag,

Do you need to be a skinner to do that? (sorry for the dumb question).

Regards,

Bart
(2015-07-03, 15:46)zag Wrote: So who's going to volunteer to write the screen files for Confluence skin? Smile

I'm sure we would get more users with that.

Main problem here is that the addon is probably too much, that's the explanation for the lack of news. You were right when you thought about making the db. It should be used by multiple small scripts. This addon is a "huge block" with too many code files + skin files. I think in the future I'll start to remove stuff and move it to independent addons. Something like

a) a standalone calendar (probably having more options than just the info from the db)
b) a standalone livescores
c) a standalone sports extended info (for the details dialog for players, teams and events)
d) a standalone on-screen information that would require sports extended info

By accomplishing this the sportscenter addon would be reduced to:

1) home menu
2) compet list
3) leagueview
4) teamview
5) library

a) b) c) and d) are easily ported to other skins. 1) 2) 3) 4) and 5) requires aditional time and knowledge since the dialogs are HUGE.
I'll probably start moving things out of the big block this weekend.
First let me say this is a great tool. Great job. Thanks for the work you put in.

I also use a Confluence skin and so I would really love to get it for that.
But also, as you said before, this is huge and I basicly just need a smal peace of it.
I have recorded old NFL games from my team and would love a nice DB and look for that. basicly nothing else I am looking for.

Great work so far.
hi enen - for basketball (only since its my favorite sports).....do you see an option/feature where you can click on the results of the game and it will forward/launch to youtube vid (official nba youtube account) the recap/highlights of the game?
Problem is we don't have the basketball games on the db
So any news on this? It's been awhile.
Did I miss something? Is the project abandoned? On Hiatus? Moved elsewhere? I seem to be the only one checking on the project's status.
You're not the only one... I've got this thread bookmarked and check it a couple times a week. Pretty quiet.
(2015-08-17, 05:13)mjccox Wrote: You're not the only one... I've got this thread bookmarked and check it a couple times a week. Pretty quiet.
Sorry I have some other (older) addons to fix at the moment. As I said above this one is too much and has to be separated into smaller addons. Its hard to find time and motivation when you don't see a lot of effort from the community to fill the missing gaps on the db but I'll try to get back on this one as soon as possible.
Other people are of course free to make their own projects and even use the code.
The internal database stuff (which I think its what you want the most) would fit better in Kodi itself rather than in an addon but I doubt (even if someone took the time to build it) it would be accepted in master by the team.
Agreed on splitting it up into smaller add-ons, I think it got a bit "too big" to be maintained effectively.

I've been slowly working on the backend sites (new TheSportDB.com theme coming soon) and the soccer season has just started up again so thats more motivation Wink

I'm still stuck with the black screen problem when I enter the team details so can't use this add-on right now sadly.
Thanx for the update! Wish I still code. That train has left long ago when I was a kid. Still remember pirating games on the Commodore 64 you had to copy the code off from hundreds of pages of computer paper haha! Took an entire day just to play Spy Hunter!!!!
Will this DB scraper also scrape things like highlight shows or season review films?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi3