• 3(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-08-19, 12:47)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel, that's an amazing list of features, Thanks.

Gave it a shot to the colorpicker, definitely will use this as it offers improvements and easy to include in my code.
Just 1 suggestion is that it could be even more user friendly if colors were ordered by color base. Mixed colors are not easy to choose.
Not sure if it's possible.

I've seen that you have a Youtube trailer search, so I have something in mind that could be a request. I'm trying to get a thumbnail on the fly for live tv programs and I noticed the first youtube image preview is almost 100% relevant to the ListItem.Title. Do you think it should be possible to get something like this to work ?

Thanks

It was once ordered by color. I guess something got messed up somewhere on the road. I'll look into it.

Hmmm, a thumbnail on the fly for live TV programs... I don't think that's possible. First of all you'd have to tune every channel and second of all there's no way to do that in the Kodi API. Or did you mean channel icons ? That is possible...Also possible is to try to lookup the show and find the thumb...But that would mean that there won't be a 100% guarantee that the thumb is accurate.

I will give that last option a try later today. Willing to give it a testdrive ?
I checked the Backgrounds options, they work awesome.
I removed the old "grab.fanart" service and use your script instead now,
your added the option for AllMusicVideosBackground - which previously I had to make few tricks to achive that. (hidden list, hidden smartplaylist etc..)
Also users can change the time between images in 'live', and no restart needed - which is great.

One small things I noticed:
from readme:
Quote:Note: the default interval for the backgrounds is set at 30 seconds. If you want to change this interval you can set a Skin String "RandomFanartDelay" with the number of seconds as value
you forgot to change to "SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay"
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-08-19, 19:44)marcelveldt Wrote: It was once ordered by color. I guess something got messed up somewhere on the road. I'll look into it.

Hmmm, a thumbnail on the fly for live TV programs... I don't think that's possible. First of all you'd have to tune every channel and second of all there's no way to do that in the Kodi API. Or did you mean channel icons ? That is possible...Also possible is to try to lookup the show and find the thumb...But that would mean that there won't be a 100% guarantee that the thumb is accurate.

I will give that last option a try later today. Willing to give it a testdrive ?

It was just an idea Marcel, had more in mind a really simple query on ListItem.Title when focus kept on a channel. Scanning all channels for getting thumbs sounds too hungry in my opinion even more when you have hundreds of them. Lookup for the show is a good idea but you're right, not reliable (for exemple my epg returns truncated titles). If you want to give it a go, I'll test for sure otherwise don't waste time on this, it's a Skinner's obsession Wink.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-19, 20:12)Jayz2K Wrote: It was just an idea Marcel, had more in mind a really simple query on ListItem.Title when focus kept on a channel. Scanning all channels for getting thumbs sounds too hungry in my opinion even more when you have hundreds of them. Lookup for the show is a good idea but you're right, not reliable (for exemple my epg returns truncated titles). Don't waste time on this, it's a Skinner's obsession Wink
Out of curiosity I just tried this in a widget and it's actually working pretty well. Do you want to use it in a widget or in the PVR views ?
(2015-08-19, 20:14)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 20:12)Jayz2K Wrote: It was just an idea Marcel, had more in mind a really simple query on ListItem.Title when focus kept on a channel. Scanning all channels for getting thumbs sounds too hungry in my opinion even more when you have hundreds of them. Lookup for the show is a good idea but you're right, not reliable (for exemple my epg returns truncated titles). Don't waste time on this, it's a Skinner's obsession Wink
Out of curiosity I just tried this in a widget and it's actually working pretty well. Do you want to use it in a widget or in the PVR views ?
Wow, impressive. I would say both should be great. In fact my Home widget is a replication of MyPVRChannels.xml.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-19, 20:14)marcelveldt Wrote:

+1, this would be super cool for a widget...more interesting than just looking at the channel icons.
Any option to auto hide the osd after X seconds when no activity?
I Saw you did a function to auto show it, I prefer the opposite.
Marcel could you add options to show both the duration and studio label on the home widgets? It's one of the features I have in my helper script which I would like to decommission by using this instead.

I guess it would need a way for the skinner to specify the home menu ID with probably a default of 9000.

Cheers
Awesome work Marcel! Smile
some small unicode fix
error: http://pastebin.com/gqqqF4d6

Fix:
in: \resources\lib\PluginContent.py, lines: 767,778
Replace:
Code:
if item['file'] == path:
with:
Code:
if item['file'] == path.decode('utf8'):
Both lines (767,778)

other errors from my log is about missing .xsp files, and studio flags, I don't use any of them, any way to avoid those erros? [ http://pastebin.com/JYvgj17v ]
(2015-08-19, 23:19)tomer953 Wrote: Any option to auto hide the osd after X seconds when no activity?
I Saw you did a function to auto show it, I prefer the opposite.
Will add it in the next few days.
(2015-08-19, 23:25)im85288 Wrote: Marcel could you add options to show both the duration and studio label on the home widgets? It's one of the features I have in my helper script which I would like to decommission by using this instead.

I guess it would need a way for the skinner to specify the home menu ID with probably a default of 9000.

Cheers
And what about the container which contains the widgets ? Would that be always the same ?
I can come up with two approaches for this:

- a widget "pass through" endpoint, to which you pass the Original widget target and which will add the studio and duration properties as a listitem property

- skin string to set the ID of the container containing the widget to minitor and use the existing home properties instead.
(2015-08-20, 19:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 23:25)im85288 Wrote: Marcel could you add options to show both the duration and studio label on the home widgets? It's one of the features I have in my helper script which I would like to decommission by using this instead.

Cheers
And what about the container which contains the widgets ? Would that be always the same ?
I can come up with two approaches for this:

- a widget "pass through" endpoint, to which you pass the Original widget target and which will add the studio and duration properties as a listitem property

- skin string to set the ID of the container containing the widget to minitor and use the existing home properties instead.

Awesome, I'm happy with whichever approach is easier for you to implement. My main use case will use the same container but if it can support multiple containers then even better.
(2015-08-20, 12:41)tomer953 Wrote: other errors from my log is about missing .xsp files, and studio flags, I don't use any of them, any way to avoid those erros?
Should all be fixed on git now.
Awesome so far. Getting an issue with the Colour Picker. Throwing up an error saying that the skin xml for it is not there - but it definitely is in the addon dir.

Code:
Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/default.py", line 103, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/default.py", line 64, in __init__
colorPicker = ColorPicker("script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml", ADDON_PATH, "default", "1080i")

If I copy it to the skin directory it works, just not straight from the addon dir.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18