• 53(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-20, 08:18)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 07:09)illiac4 Wrote: Hi. There is a bug in latest releases that user can not change groups under TV/group (slides from right) the groups (view options). Even if you select it, it does not change.

Note:
Latest OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Isengard nearly final) does not have this bug.

So this is a PVR bug. Any idea which build introduced the bug, it might help a PVR developer narrow it down.

Build 817 OK
Build 818 Broken
(2015-08-19, 00:24)doveman2 Wrote: Strange bug with #817. When Live TV (SD Freeview) is playing, if i switch to the EPG after a short while I hear a cut out in the audio and switching back to Full Screen shows the picture has frozen. It tends to Buffer shortly after but the picture doesn't resume.

However, with Debug logging enabled this doesn't happen and Live TV continues to play normally if I switch to the EPG, which makes it rather hard to gather a useful log for you!

This issue seems to be fixed in #819, thanks.

I'm still getting a lot of audio drop outs and high frame skips (and to a lesser extent drops) with Live TV though. Playing back a recorded programme I don't seem to have any audio drop outs, so maybe with Live TV it's unable to cope with whatever's causing the problem but playing back the recording is less taxing, so it can compensate.
(2015-08-20, 18:44)doveman2 Wrote: I'm still getting a lot of audio drop outs and high frame skips (and to a lesser extent drops) with Live TV though. Playing back a recorded programme I don't seem to have any audio drop outs, so maybe with Live TV it's unable to cope with whatever's causing the problem but playing back the recording is less taxing, so it can compensate.

I can't really do anything with a report like this. If it was better in the past then identifying the build that started the problem would be useful.
Otherwise more information like:
Does it happen with omxplayer enabled/disabled?
Does it happen with advanced deinterlace enabled/disabled?
Does it happen with deinterlace enabled/disabled?
Does it occur in full screen playback, or only in channel preview, or with overlays up?
(2015-08-20, 18:55)popcornmix Wrote: I can't really do anything with a report like this. If it was better in the past then identifying the build that started the problem would be useful.
Otherwise more information like:
Does it happen with omxplayer enabled/disabled?
Does it happen with advanced deinterlace enabled/disabled?
Does it happen with deinterlace enabled/disabled?
Does it occur in full screen playback, or only in channel preview, or with overlays up?

Unfortunately I can't say that it's ever been any better.

OMXPlayer disabled, as I can only use MMAL with the HiFiBerry DAC+ so would have no audio with it enabled.

Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I have deinterlace enabled/disabled or what deinterlace mode I set manually. There might be less skips with deinterlace disabled and they certainly seem to accumulate faster if I open the EPG whilst TV is running. It's hard to compare though as the count doesn't reset when changing deinterlace settings or channel, only if I stop and then start TV again.

Occurring in full screen playback.

I think it's perhaps worse on some channels than others but I'm not sure yet. I don't have any audio dropouts watching any of the channels on my TV's built-in tuner, although that is Freeview HD and the RPi tuner is only SD, so I'll watch Channel 4 HD on the TV and Channel 4 SD on the RPi.
I am new to this Openelec (Pi2), but think I need to set up a VPN as I am abroad for BBCiplayer stuff?

I cannot see any option in any Kodi build, so I gather I need to install it in openelec? The problem I have is, I switch is on and it runs through commands ans starts Kodi. Is there a way to interrupt it to configure openelec to set up vpn before Kodi starts?

Sorry if I sound naive, but I am with this.

Malk
(2015-08-20, 19:16)doveman2 Wrote: OMXPlayer disabled, as I can only use MMAL with the HiFiBerry DAC+ so would have no audio with it enabled.

It's still useful for understanding the problem. Enable omxplayer. Choose HDMI or analogue audio and report if you have the same problem. That will narrow it down.
Using the OSD to measure skips is a flawed operation. The presence of the OSD creates more work and so more skips. Is video smooth without overlays/osd?
Another issue I've run into is programmes not displaying in the correct aspect ratio. I had thought, when running #817, that I'd found that changing the view mode to Normal (or Original, I forget which) displayed 4:3 programmes with bars either side as it should. This appeared to no longer work with #819 but I think the problem is actually that some 4:3 programmes are broadcast with black bars embedded in a 16:9 frame and some are broadcast in 4:3, which on my TV's built-in tuner makes the TV aspect mode auto switch to 4:3 and display grey bars either side.

I took some photos comparing my TV's built-in tuner to the OE/TVheadend output.

TV - Aspect mode set to Auto, it auto selects 4:3 and displays bars either side (these are actually grey, they just look blue in the photo)

RPi - None of the view modes display it in 4:3, TV Auto switches to Just(ified?) aspect mode

RPi - After I manually switch the TV aspect mode to 4:3 it looks OK (with the OE View Mode set to Normal I think)

TV - 16:9 programme, Auto selects 16:9 aspect mode

RPi - Auto selects Just aspect mode but it looks OK with the OE View Mode set to Stretch 16:9

So it seems not only do I have to fiddle with the OE View Mode depending on what aspect the programme is but also manually change the TV's aspect mode. I don't know if there's any way to avoid the latter but is it possible to map a key to toggle through the OE View Modes, which would at least avoid having to bring up the OSD and navigate to the Video menu each time?
(2015-08-20, 19:25)popcornmix Wrote: It's still useful for understanding the problem. Enable omxplayer. Choose HDMI or analogue audio and report if you have the same problem. That will narrow it down.
Using the OSD to measure skips is a flawed operation. The presence of the OSD creates more work and so more skips. Is video smooth without overlays/osd?

OK, I'll try that. With the composite video/DAC+ video and audio isn't smooth even if I don't open the overlay/OSD.
@popcornmix / @Milhouse: can one of you please include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...d351785a86 in next build (original commit in newclock4 explains it)? I'm getting a skipped frame the first time the info screen is opened, but I don't have a build environment right now to test (actually, it's been a while...).
(2015-08-20, 15:28)spjonez Wrote: Is RetroPlayer included in these builds yet? I'd like to help test that when it's available.

No, and it's not likely to be included "in the build" - install it as an add-on.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-20, 19:22)Malkthalk Wrote: I am new to this Openelec (Pi2), but think I need to set up a VPN as I am abroad for BBCiplayer stuff?

I cannot see any option in any Kodi build, so I gather I need to install it in openelec? The problem I have is, I switch is on and it runs through commands ans starts Kodi. Is there a way to interrupt it to configure openelec to set up vpn before Kodi starts?

Please start a new thread as your question is not relevant to this thread, or search for "openelec openvpn" - there are guides out there (the Brian Hornsby guide is recommended) and there are certainly other threads asking the same question. You install OpenVPN from the Unofficial OpenELEC Add-ons repository.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-20, 21:13)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix / @Milhouse: can one of you please include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...d351785a86 in next build (original commit in newclock4 explains it)? I'm getting a skipped frame the first time the info screen is opened, but I don't have a build environment right now to test (actually, it's been a while...).

I'll include it into tonights build.
(2015-08-20, 19:25)doveman2 Wrote: So it seems not only do I have to fiddle with the OE View Mode depending on what aspect the programme is but also manually change the TV's aspect mode. I don't know if there's any way to avoid the latter but is it possible to map a key to toggle through the OE View Modes, which would at least avoid having to bring up the OSD and navigate to the Video menu each time?

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <select>AspectRatio</select>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>

would configure the Select (OK) button to toggle through the different aspect ratios.

Also, have you tried configuring a value for Video > Playback > "Display 4:3 videos as" - try something like "Stretch 16:9" and all 4:3 videos should automatically use the selected aspect ratio.
(2015-08-20, 21:34)Milhouse Wrote: No, and it's not likely to be included "in the build" - install it as an add-on.

Oh sorry I thought it was built into Kodi. So it is available as an addon for your builds? I know feedback for that wouldn't go in this thread.
(2015-08-20, 22:21)spjonez Wrote: So it is available as an addon for your builds? I know feedback for that wouldn't go in this thread.

I've no idea, you'll need to contact the add-on author and ask about OpenELEC/RPi[1,2]/Kodi 16 support.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10