• 55(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-20, 21:38)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 21:13)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix / @Milhouse: can one of you please include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...d351785a86 in next build (original commit in newclock4 explains it)? I'm getting a skipped frame the first time the info screen is opened, but I don't have a build environment right now to test (actually, it's been a while...).

I'll include it into tonights build.
Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change anything and can be dropped from next build... :-(
(2015-08-21, 16:19)menakite Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 21:38)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 21:13)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix / @Milhouse: can one of you please include https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...d351785a86 in next build (original commit in newclock4 explains it)? I'm getting a skipped frame the first time the info screen is opened, but I don't have a build environment right now to test (actually, it's been a while...).

I'll include it into tonights build.
Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change anything and can be dropped from next build... :-(

Could just be the placebo effect, but I swear it skipped none or maybe 2 at most frames the first time I used the info button watching recorded or live TV last night...
(2015-08-21, 13:58)doveman2 Wrote: I compared two programmes, The Simpsons on Ch.4 and Alias Smith and Jones on ITV4 on my TV (both SD) which are both broadcast in 4:3 (so my TV auto-switches to 4:3 mode and displays grey bars either side).

On the RPi, The Simpsons on Ch.4 sets the View Mode to Normal (as per the Display 4:3 videos setting) but Alias Smith and Jones on ITV4 sets it to Stretch 16:9 (which is the saved default view). I have no idea why it doesn't detect the latter as 4:3.. Anyway, I still need to change the TV mode from Auto (which sets it to Just with the RPi) to 4:3 for 4:3 programmes and back to Auto for 16:9 programmes.

With my TV in 4:3 mode and the RPi in Normal view mode, when the 4:3 programme switches to 16:9 adverts, not only do I have the grey bars either side but also black space above and below the adverts, so they're displayed in a fairly narrow strip in the middle. Switching the RPi view mode to Stretch 16:9 expands the advert vertically to remove the black space and then I have to switch the TV mode to Auto to expand it horizontally to remove the grey bars.

Hey, it's only adverts though, so not worth worrying about. It's just a shame I have to manually switch the TV mode and in some cases the RPi view mode, depending on whether the actual programme is 16:9 or 4:3. I think the only way round this would be if the RPi could automatically detect 4:3 programmes and create a 16:9 frame with black or grey bars either side of the 4:3 picture, which I guess is what Freeview STB do.

aspect ratio information is present in SI tables of the TS and in the video sequence header of the encoded video stream, so maybe Kodi relies on the one and your STB on the other and ITV4 only sets one of them correctly?
Hey. I'm not entirely sure if my current issue is to do with this build. I'm having issues with my Digi+, the system sounds work, but as soon as I start playing a video, I get no sound at all through the both toslink and digital outputs. With passthrough on and off. I was told it could be the dvdplayer backend is not using the soundcard. Is there any way for me to be able to see if this is the case? Or has anyone else experienced this?

I have used the guides from them with success, just this odd issue seems to be happening.
(2015-08-21, 14:40)popcornmix Wrote: Simplest is to record a new shorter file and then check that it has the same issue.
Otherwise ffmpeg can be used for cutting down a file.

I recorded a short clip and uploaded it here. If I skip forward about 30s and then back 10s, the picture freezes whilst the audio plays and the picture stutters on the same frame for about 10s before unsticking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing
(2015-08-21, 17:54)handbone Wrote: Hey. I'm not entirely sure if my current issue is to do with this build. I'm having issues with my Digi+, the system sounds work, but as soon as I start playing a video, I get no sound at all through the both toslink and digital outputs. With passthrough on and off. I was told it could be the dvdplayer backend is not using the soundcard. Is there any way for me to be able to see if this is the case? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Can you post a debug log (wiki)?
(2015-08-21, 18:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 17:54)handbone Wrote: Hey. I'm not entirely sure if my current issue is to do with this build. I'm having issues with my Digi+, the system sounds work, but as soon as I start playing a video, I get no sound at all through the both toslink and digital outputs. With passthrough on and off. I was told it could be the dvdplayer backend is not using the soundcard. Is there any way for me to be able to see if this is the case? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Can you post a debug log (wiki)?

Sure thing

http://xbmclogs.com/pbgtsxxqi
The temperature using advanced deinterlacing is lower with 0820 and the small audio dropouts I was hearing when using PLL to keep video and audio in sync are also gone.

I have noticed that a news ticker seems jittery sometimes and fine others. Here is a 4min sample if it helps at all, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8TU_C...TNiOVJhaUE
The problem with LiveTV when opening the EPG seems to have crept back in with #820. I hear a 1-2s audio cutout and when I return to fullscreen the audio plays but the picture is frozen and then I see buffering after a while but the picture remains frozen. MMAL only, deinterlace disabled.

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't a debug log, had a formatting error in advancedsettings.xml. In fact, it wasn't even a useful log as I took it from the latest zip in the logfiles folder, which I just noticed doesn't reflect anything done after booting!

I've uploaded a proper debug log now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

The first time I went to the EPG with debug logging enabled (not the overlay), the audio cut out but the picture was OK when I went back to full-screen, so I tried going to the EPG again and then it triggered the bug. I reported with an earlier build that the problem didn't happen with debug logging enabled but it seems it just delays it.
(2015-08-21, 17:21)L-S-D Wrote: aspect ratio information is present in SI tables of the TS and in the video sequence header of the encoded video stream, so maybe Kodi relies on the one and your STB on the other and ITV4 only sets one of them correctly?

It's my TV's built-in tuner I'm using, not a STB. If my TV (and I imagine 99% of other TVs, or else people would be rather unhappy) correctly detects 4:3 programmes and Kodi doesn't, I'd venture to suggest that Kodi is looking in the wrong place for the information (maybe technically one of the right places but not in the one that everyone else has agreed to use).

I've made a few short recordings of different channels and on none of them does Kodi detect 4:3 (or at least it doesn't switch the view mode to Normal, which is what I've set for 4:3). Even The Simpsons on Ch4+1 didn't this time, when I thought it did before but it was on Ch4 before, so maybe there's a difference between the two channels.

For the first two recordings I captured the transition between the adverts (16:9) and the programme (4:3) which on my TV auto-switches between the two modes but did nothing on Kodi. Touched by an Angel seems to be in some strange format, as on Normal it has black space above and below (this is with the TV in 4:3 mode) and I have to switch it to Original to expand vertically, which sets the Zoom to 1.09. When I play the other recordings, they all use Stretch 16:9 for both the adverts and the programme but when I play Touched by an Angel again it auto-changes back to Original, which I'm not sure how it's managing as the default is set to Stretch 16:9 and "Display 4:3 videos as" is set to Normal.

ITV3+1 - On the Buses: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

Ch4 - The Simpsons: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

True Entertainment - Touched by an Angel: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

Yesterday - Secrets of War: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing
(2015-08-20, 09:41)f1vefour Wrote: Looking forward to the next build, that 60 second delay is driving me crazy Smile

Can you confirm this is now fixed since #0820?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0821: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Fri Aug 21 22:17:46 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 20 2015 17:56:26
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3f87086448257aa66881de858a0b4b0e6daa8719 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150821221655-#0821-g41b0ef9 [Build #0821]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001575.093: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (41b0ef92, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (cdb3fa78, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix folder name matching when scraping movie folders with the format "MovieTitle.Year"
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [guilib] TextureDX: fix texture updates. Now there is a possibility t… (PR:7830, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [musiclibrary] add SortByArtistThenYear (PR:7859, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [RFC] DX11 several optimizations of copying frames to/from gpu. (PR:7637, 3 commits, 11 files changed)
    • [Re-Touched] update (e2a17e86)
  2. platform:
    • Add NetBSD support. (PR:15, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:4284: [Python] update to 2.7.10
    • Added: PR:7861: [settings] ensure year string is at the end in clean datetime regexp
    • Added: PR:7868: [gui] fix CGUIDialogSelect::GetSelectedItem not returning the selected item
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-21, 02:05)parcel Wrote: I have more core temperature on RPi2 after #0816 test builds. It is normal?
#0815 build is 52 celcious but after builds are 56 celcious.

It's not problem, but make curiosity Huh

for me it was other way around temps dropped also popcorns #815 was best for me streaming without any kickouts or locks up will try #821 had lower temps
(2015-08-22, 01:05)ari73 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 02:05)parcel Wrote: I have more core temperature on RPi2 after #0816 test builds. It is normal?
#0815 build is 52 celcious but after builds are 56 celcious.

It's not problem, but make curiosity Huh

for me it was other way around temps dropped also popcorns #815 was best for me streaming without any kickouts or locks up will try #821 had lower temps

Thank you. I will try #0821 Smile
(2015-08-21, 16:21)zaphod24 Wrote: Could just be the placebo effect, but I swear it skipped none or maybe 2 at most frames the first time I used the info button watching recorded or live TV last night...
I'd guess it's placebo, but thanks for testing. It was supposed to avoid skipped frames completely, but I've verified that the codec info overlay still reports 1 skipped frame.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10